Weird situation of KB2007

Search This thread

LinhBT

Apr 21, 2020
VietNam
Xiaomi Mi 5X
Redmi K20 Pro
It's a long story but in brief I have a KB2007 TMO which Network unlocked, Bootloader Unlocked ( Official method, with unlock_code.bin from TMO ). I used this device to do the testing of Custom ROM. One day, accidently I did a format all ( wipe all partitions ) on the device, then I had to use MSM Tool to recover it. Strange thing is, I can only use MSM for 9R Ported ROM for 8T to bring it back to life ( as the most recent ROM I tried before the accident is the 9R ported ROM ). Then, in order to bring it back to 8T OOS, I flashed the original param.bin then I can use normal 8T MSM to revert back to OOS.
But, since then, the device is not able to connect to Cellular network anymore, even it still recognize the SIM CARD inserted ( I also recover device's original IMEI, MEID...but NV Data, EFS from same variant 8T device of mine ). Tried all the possible methods that I know to make it connect to the cellular but so far no luck.
So if anyone have faced this situation or have information about it, please kindly share. Thanks

P/S: I upload 2 pics which briefly describe the situation of the network on my device now. If any other information may need to clear out the info, pls let me know

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220524-133155.jpg
    Screenshot_20220524-133155.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20220524-133140.jpg
    Screenshot_20220524-133140.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 45

mrbox23

Mar 22, 2010
Colorado Springs
I corrupted the persist partition on my NordN10 awhile back, which f'd it up in a myriad of fun ways. I eventually cojoled someone into to dd'ing me a copy of persist from another tmo n10, which got the device into a sane condition to fix everything downstream of that.

I learned a couple things while trying to fix it before I had another persist partition; always backup persist/modem/efs partitions shortly after rooting a OnePlus, and to use bkerlers edl tool to make an advanced, engineer grade, backup. One that can unbrick the device without using msm/fastboot and avoids the hasle of finding a computer with windows on it.

I have a persist backup if you want to try that, and I'm going to make a carbon copy of the device with bkerlers edl soon. I did the impatient thing and converted to eu to get root while waiting for the unlock token from OnePlus. However a dump of the stock tmo rom with a locked bootloader is on my agenda.

I would recommend restoring tmo's modem/efs partitions (like twrp can handle) and/or nvram level things that edl tool can handle. Let me know and Ill dump whatever chunk of firmware my tmo 8t has. Just got it today, so it's far from settled into a daily user.

Here's the edl tool from GitHub (you may need to compile it)

Edl tool is worse case scenario, I'll backup modem/efs on request in recovery or with good ol dd

Also there's an app called Network Mode Universal in playstore that brings up an otherwise obfuscated Network Menu.... I use it to select 5G on 12+ gsi roms for my n10. You'll figure it out soon, good luck

Reactions: LinhBT

LinhBT

Apr 21, 2020
VietNam
Xiaomi Mi 5X
Redmi K20 Pro
I corrupted the persist partition on my NordN10 awhile back, which f'd it up in a myriad of fun ways. I eventually cojoled someone into to dd'ing me a copy of persist from another tmo n10, which got the device into a sane condition to fix everything downstream of that.

I learned a couple things while trying to fix it before I had another persist partition; always backup persist/modem/efs partitions shortly after rooting a OnePlus, and to use bkerlers edl tool to make an advanced, engineer grade, backup. One that can unbrick the device without using msm/fastboot and avoids the hasle of finding a computer with windows on it.

I have a persist backup if you want to try that, and I'm going to make a carbon copy of the device with bkerlers edl soon. I did the impatient thing and converted to eu to get root while waiting for the unlock token from OnePlus. However a dump of the stock tmo rom with a locked bootloader is on my agenda.

I would recommend restoring tmo's modem/efs partitions (like twrp can handle) and/or nvram level things that edl tool can handle. Let me know and Ill dump whatever chunk of firmware my tmo 8t has. Just got it today, so it's far from settled into a daily user.

Edl tool is worse case scenario, I'll backup modem/efs on request in recovery or with good ol dd

Also there's an app called Network Mode Universal in playstore that brings up an otherwise obfuscated Network Menu.... I use it to select 5G on 12+ gsi roms for my n10. You'll figure it out soon, good luck
Sorry for late reply bro. And yeah, one of the most stupid thing of me is that I do not have any critical partitions backup before playing with the 1+ devices :)))) About EDL tool which you mentioned, I did tried it awhile back and it did helped to flash the GPT into the device so I can ( at least ) put the device into EDL mode to use MSM and bring it back to life.
And since I can't think of any worse situation for my 8T, so I would like to try any method we can think of which possibly to solve the situation. So, pls help to send me the backup of you, I'd love to give it a shot ( in fact, can't find a good persist backup anywhere even on some paid site which I was disparately purchased when trying to recover my 8T+ :)))) )

The Fume

Dec 30, 2019
i actually had this the other day when i had to have them change my sim card to a new one. there was no flashing i am on the global rom (11) after they did the swap in the system i had the same type of thing. they had to go in and reset everything and then re add the sim. yours may not be the same issue but it did fix this for me.

LinhBT

Apr 21, 2020
VietNam
Xiaomi Mi 5X
Redmi K20 Pro
I think my situation is quite different since it caused by Format all ( wipe out all partitions ). Therefore the NVDATA is corrupted and persist is damaged. And since my device is fully Unlocked from TMO so I did tried many SIM CARDs, the issue remains :((

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.