Screenshot_20201209-183730_Chrome.jpg
      583.1 KB · Views: 26
    • Screenshot_20201209-183747_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20201209-183747_Chrome.jpg
      184.8 KB · Views: 22

Patrick Morgan

Mar 20, 2008
    Montreal QC
    I messaged a technical issue with the home page of the XDA site.

the top right corner of the page still does not have the account button to access account details. I needed to navigate to a device forum to press the button to access my account details.

the homepage. www.xda-developers.com does not have a Login / register option.

I reported this so it could be added to the homepage. but Brandon Miniman [email protected] sent me a reply email stating that he reset my password.

Why was a technical issue with your homepage confused with accessing an account? I had to log in and change my password for no reason.

tell Brandon to get some sleep.

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
    Quote but no mention 😔

View attachment 5151881View attachment 5151887
    🤷‍♂️

Time to start an unofficial bugs list since the official one here isn't being updated?

Edit:

Bugs/Regressions:
    1. Some posts (former DevDB OPs, at least) can't be edited unless user disables the WYSIWYG editor and uses BBCODE instead.
    2. All users have enforced signature length and link limits, which should be higher/removed at least for advanced forum users.
    3. Advanced forum user max title length is too short, truncating them (e.g. "Senior Recognized Developer / Recognized Contribut").
    4. Forum names are truncated (e.g. "Android Software and Hacking General [Developers O").
    5. Thanks/Likes counts are reduced for most users, sometimes dramatically; possibly related to (1).
    6. Various old forum emojis aren't mapped to new unicode ones, and ones in old posts that do exist (e.g. :cowboy:) don't display.
    7. Some users have reported their OPs and/or attachments reverting to older versions.
    8. Broken redirects from old links for many threads/posts.
    9. Disabling Alert in Preferences forces Mobile App Push enabled, one should be able to disable both.
    10. Users who were Senior Members are now only Members, as though the threshold is different.

Nice-to-Haves:
    1. Jump to Last Unread links in Watched threads page.
    2. Attachments management page.
    3. Folders to organize Watched threads.
    4. Folders to organize saved PMs/Conversations.
    5. Most Thanked posts list in threads.
    6. Search Thread widget in threads.
    7. Edit Reason for edited posts.
    Regarding the 10, don't know if it's a nonsense, but my status automatically changed from new member to senior member as soon as I login the new xda. Perhaps they just need to login to update their status.

Regarding the 10, don't know if it's a nonsense, but my status automatically changed from new member to senior member as soon as I login the new xda. Perhaps they just need to login to update their status.

Unfortunately not, I tried that already. This has nothing to do with the problem. If it would be so easy, everybody would do that ...

Reactions: mauam

bitpushr

XDA:Administrator
  • Unfortunately not, I tried that already. This has nothing to do with the problem. If it would be so easy, everybody would do that ...

This should be fixed. The issue was the new system was looking at trophy points, not number of posts, to determine the user title. I changed it to use posts. Now it is set to:

• >5 Member
    • >40 Senior Member
    • >150 Elite Member
    Note that these thresholds can be possibly changed in the future.

This should be fixed. The issue was the new system was looking at trophy points, not number of posts, to determine the user title. I changed it to use posts. Now it is set to:

• >5 Member
    • >40 Senior Member
    • >150 Elite Member

Thank you so much, thank you ...

Reactions: woodman and mauam

Lord Sithek

• >5 Member
    • >40 Senior Member
    • >150 Elite Member
    Oh boy, this is really few for "Elite" title :)

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Recognized Contribut
  • Mar 14, 2012
    Halifax
    GT-i9250
    Nexus 7 (2013)

• >5 Member
    • >40 Senior Member
    • >150 Elite Member
    The remaining OPs (that were previously linked to DevDB) should be fully restored now. Send me a DM if anyone is still missing anything :)

Awesome! Updated my list to reflect these. Also found one more bug while I was at it, which I've added. 🙂

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone