Welcome to XDA 2021!

Raiz

Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2017
Your local skatepark
A cool feature would also be to get push notification for every new post in a watched thread. Atm there's only email updates, but that's not really optimal for me (or someone) since I'll be flooded with dozens of notifications .
I'd use that for the thread I help in, it would be much more convenient that way!

uglavnom_bezopasni

Aug 15, 2010
I can't follow the forum on my mobile because the application doesn't work. On the computer, the white line that appears at the bottom of each page, which is completely blank for me, should probably contain an advertisement, causing me a physical feeling of nausea. You need to put a warning, this forum contains flashing images that can cause ...

I really liked this forum, but I can't do this anymore. Let me know when something changes a lot.

Reactions: J.Michael

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
I can't follow the forum on my mobile because the application doesn't work. On the computer, the white line that appears at the bottom of each page, which is completely blank for me, should probably contain an advertisement, causing me a physical feeling of nausea. You need to put a warning, this forum contains flashing images that can cause ...

I really liked this forum, but I can't do this anymore. Let me know when something changes a lot.
The forum works great on mobile browser, you don't need the xda app.

woodman

Senior Moderator / RC-RT & Moderator Committees
Staff member
Jul 21, 2012
France
A cool feature would also be to get push notification for every new post in a watched thread. Atm there's only email updates, but that's not really optimal for me (or someone) since I'll be flooded with dozens of notifications .
I'd use that for the thread I help in, it would be much more convenient that way!
You can already configure push notification when there's a new post in a watched thread but you need to use the new xda app to get them of course. If you don't use the app you can still get alerts in you alert tab when a post is made.

See here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/account/preferences

Screenshot_20210125-061406__01__01.jpg

Raiz

Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2017
Your local skatepark
Reactions: woodman

Raiz

Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2017
Your local skatepark

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
The OP says:
"Use this thread to report bugs or ask questions."

So all the time people report here. Almost 3000 posts already 60% of which repeat the same! Excuse me, but is this normal?

However, nothing has been fixed, changed or nothing new has been added for about a month now.

Then the OP says:
"Thank you for your continued support of XDA, and we hope you enjoy XDA 2021!"

I know that:
- We do not pay here.
- But I know that XDA is making money and does not exist without profiting. Which is ok and I have nothing against it.

However, let's be clear. XDA profits only because of one thing - all of us.

The thing that makes a difference is:
If this was a thread of some developer, I know he's not making any profit, so I can't demand anything from him. On the other hand XDA, after covering it's costs, makes profit.

And we are all forced to repeat the same reports and requests like little children for weeks.

No wonder everyone is switching to Telegram.

XDA, it's about time you start taking care. And quick.

Lz3807775t

Jan 7, 2021
Florida
The OP says:

So all the time people report here. Almost 3000 posts already 60% of which repeat the same! Excuse me, but is this normal?

However, nothing has been fixed, changed or nothing new has been added for about a month now.

Then the OP says:

I know that:
- We do not pay here.
- But I know that XDA is making money and does not exist without profiting. Which is ok and I have nothing against it.

If this was a thread of some developer, I know he's not making any profit, so I can't demand anything from him. On the other hand XDA, after covering it's costs, makes profit.

And we are all forced to repeat the same reports and requests like little children for weeks.

Yes please fix cause I like xda

Reactions: tiho5

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
The OP says:

So all the time people report here. Almost 3000 posts already 60% of which repeat the same!
This does seem an inefficient way to gather bug reports and feature requests. I think those should go directly to a bug-tracker instead of into the thread. That'd make it much easier for devs to keep track of each bug or suggestion, and users could easily see what's been reported and what (if anything) will be done about it.

Reactions: tiho5

J.Michael

Jan 20, 2018
Why does "New Posts" sometimes have a section

Threads below have not been updated since your last visit.

?
I was confused by "visit".

I was thinking "visit to the thread", which wouldn't make much sense -- if I didn't read all the new pages of a thread, I expect the unread pages to cause the thread to continue to be shown under "New Posts".

I think it means "visit to the site", so these threads have posts I haven't seen, but nothing newer than the last time I was on the site.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
New test version of XDA app is following system dark theme setting even though app is set to disregard system theme and use light theme. More details here:
Anyone else?

theelderstatesman

Jan 11, 2015
Zurich
The OP says:

Then the OP says:

I know that:
- We do not pay here.

I support you, but - let's be honest - Telegram can't be the solution, because it's really bad ... I want to say something else instead of bad, but I don't want to get banned ... I guess, you'll figure it out anyway ...