Welcome to XDA 2021!

Search This thread

Raiz

Recognized Contributor
  • Just to make sure it's out there, the achievement system is kinda broken here and there, early a new user (bossc2) told me in a PM he received the achievement "thread poster level 3" (make 100 posts) while he just wrote 1.

Also, maybe it's so that our inboxes don't get flooded with notifications but every achievements do not show up even though our profile already fits the requirements.

I think this achievement system is fun, but a little exaggerated sometimes
    Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 08.00.52.png
    Some are also not unlockable:
    Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 08.02.22.png

woodman

Senior Moderator / RC-RT & Moderator Committees
    Staff member
  • Jul 21, 2012
    France
    OnePlus 7T
    Just to make sure it's out there, the achievement system is kinda broken here and there, early a new user (bossc2) told me in a PM he received the achievement "thread poster level 3" (make 100 posts) while he just wrote 1.

Also, maybe it's so that our inboxes don't get flooded with notifications but every achievements do not show up even though our profile already fits the requirements.

I think this achievement system is fun, but a little exaggerated sometimes
    Some are also not unlockable:
    I have the feeling it could be OK / operational in mid May. See my attachement. Maybe they started to implement it as a 1st step and then will be fine in mid May?
    Screenshot_20210421-083321__01.jpg

pndwal

Jun 23, 2016
    Sydney
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
    I got 21 alerts re. achievements in last 16 hours! ... Is that an achievement in its own right? ... Is every day going to be like this?

Apparently I've 'reacted for the first time'!??? ... not sure what I'm doing now... 😜

Didn't know about 'rewards' till I came here to comment just now... Still don't have a clue what they are... Maybe it'll all be worth it. 🙃 Hope they're good! 😛🎉 PW

Reactions: Lz3807775t

Oswald Boelcke

Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
    Staff member
  • I got 21 alerts re. achievements in last 16 hours! ... Is that an achievement in its own right? ... Is every day going to be like this?
    If you don't want to receive alerts about achievements (like me) you can turn the alerts off in your preferences.
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-04-21 10-11-08.png

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    If you don't want to receive alerts about achievements (like me) you can turn the alerts off in your preferences.
    View attachment 5285841
    BTW interesting names of the preferences "alert_opt_out.adav_achievement_..." ;)
    If I disable "Mobile app push" for these achievement notifications, it comes back as enabled again.

Oswald Boelcke

Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
    Staff member
  • BTW interesting names of the preferences "alert_opt_out.adav_achievement_..." ;)
    If I disable "Mobile app push" for these achievement notifications, it comes back as enabled again.
    I don't use the app i.e. I've never cared about those ticks and never tried them.

KNOWN ISSUES as of 12/3 (we're working on these!):
    1. Some threads/posts may be missing. We imported missing threads, some first posts missing still.
    2. Need to launch new XDA app asap. All current apps are broken like Tapatalk and XDA app. Use the browser instead for now plz (update: 12/7-8/20 target launch)
    3. In-thread search not working (update: 12/4/20 should be fixed)
    4. More stuff (we're reading every post!)
    ======================

For login issues... use the "Forgot password" to reset your password. If you do not know your email address or it is no longer active, we will work on a way of getting access restored.

If Google login does not work, you can reset your password and reassociate (called "Connect Account") your Google account to allow login.

======================

We're excited to welcome you to the new version of the XDA Forums, which is now based on XenForo software instead of vBulletin. If you're not familiar, XenForo is a modern forum platform with a focus on speed, sharing, and overall fluidity. TLDR: we long ago outgrew vBulletin and we wanted to make a huge upgrade.

Things are different! We know it will take some time for everyone to adjust to the new forums, and we ask for your patience as we work out bugs and issues to make the XDA 2021 forums as familiar as possible. One fun thing to try: change templates in the bottom left corner. We have a few to choose from and might add more. Whether you like a dark or light look, or if you want to see classic XDA colors from a decade ago ;), we have you covered.

Use this thread to report bugs or ask questions. Our partner firm, Audentio, which designed the forums, might respond on our behalf within this thread.

Thank you for your continued support of XDA, and we hope you enjoy XDA 2021! ✌
    Hey! I'm a new one here!

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
    Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    I was being spammed with alerts for achievements, which I am guessing is the new system just catching up with what happened under the old XDA. Its been happening for more than one day, so I went into preferences to turn off the alert.

However, after turning off the alerts and pressing save, the mobile app ones would return to being on! :devilish:

I do not use the mobile app, but it still appears to be a bug, that may affect others.

alertpreferences.PNG

J.Michael

Jan 20, 2018
    I was being spammed with alerts for achievements, which I am guessing is the new system just catching up with what happened under the old XDA. Its been happening for more than one day, so I went into preferences to turn off the alert.

However, after turning off the alerts and pressing save, the mobile app ones would return to being on! :devilish:

I do not use the mobile app, but it still appears to be a bug, that may affect others.

View attachment 5286563
    I think they insist on at least one of the two boxes being checked. You get to pick which one.

There's a similar situation in choosing notifications for mentions, quotes,... We just have to be grateful that Mobile app push in the absence of a mobile app to be pushed to doesn't result in something exploding.

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    Achievements: Does this really keep anybody from running off to Telegram?
    Worth a try?!
    I see many young (but also some older) users with recently more activity on topics, for which you will receive XPs and get a new achievement.
    Could be just by coincidence. IDK.
    BTW ... I recognized that I am watching for those achievements now and feel (at least a little bit) motivated to be more active on xda.

EDIT:
    But first the achievement system has to fixed. There seem to be some major bugs 🐞

Last edited:
    Reactions: ipdev

Raiz

Recognized Contributor
  • Worth a try?!
    I see many young (but also some older) users with recently more activity on topics, for which you will receive XPs and get a new achievement.
    Could be just by coincidence. IDK.
    BTW ... I recognized that I am watching for those achievements now and feel (at least a little bit) motivated to be more active on xda.
    Same here, even though I try in my daily life to not give importance to titles and prices, I admit it feels good when I unlock a trophy

☺️

👉👈

Reactions: ipdev and It_ler

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone