• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Welcome to XDA 2021!

Search This thread

orb_selektor

Forum Moderator - Welcomer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
I should have more achievments by now but same as described here before signature and many others are not available for me.
I did a test deleting my devices and add again and then i got unlocked more...
Im sure Admins will take care of this bugs as well with a description of each new element.
This looks good!
Have a nice weekend all!

pnin

Aug 26, 2010
LG G Pad 8.3
ZTE Axon 7
Try as I might, I can't seem to activate the "5 year member" "showcase achievement" to display under my avatar.

The other ones work alright, but not this one.

I have repeatedly selected it and unselected it from my list of earned achievements, clicked the save button, all to no avail.

As a side-note, I think after doing this, the user should be sent back to the thread he came from, not to the profile page.

Reactions: FreddyMercury1980

orb_selektor

Forum Moderator - Welcomer
Staff member
XDA App Taskforce
Try as I might, I can't seem to activate the "5 year member" "showcase achievement" to display under my avatar.

The other ones work alright, but not this one.

I have repeatedly selected it and unselected it from my list of earned achievements, clicked the save button, all to no avail.

As a side-note, I think after doing this, the user should be sent back to the thread he came from, not to the profile page.
This happened to me as well with different achievement.
Sure will be fixed soon.

ipdev

Recognized Contributor
Feb 14, 2016
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 7 (2013)
Question about new profile settings.
I already have my github name set under Account details.
I give links to my github account in threads when relevant.

Why would I want to add my github account to xda under Connected accounts?
Besides just letting xda have access to sensitive data?

Cheers. :cowboy:

Attachments

• xda-link.png
    xda-link.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 16

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
Question about new profile settings.
I already have my github name set under Account details.
I give links to my github account in threads when relevant.

Why would I want to add my github account to xda under Connected accounts?
Besides just letting xda have access to sensitive data?

Cheers. :cowboy:
It's voluntary. And I am sure that xda is not keen on your sensitive data on github. AFAIK it's just to be able to link other external accounts to your xda account automatically ...
You can create a dedicated gihub account for being linked with xda, if you like :cool: ✌️

I don't see those options in preferences or any way to tun off the endless stream of "achievement" notifications ?
That's currently correct. Please see @woodman 's post above. Achievements seem to be currently disabled i.e. in turn most likely the options in preferences are also gone.

Do you currently still receive achievement notifications?

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
日本
That's currently correct. Please see @woodman 's post above. Achievements seem to be currently disabled i.e. in turn most likely the options in preferences are also gone.

Do you currently still receive achievement notifications?
Thank you, I just realized that, reading slower these days than I used to.

I am not sure as I was cleaning notifications since my last visit, have none as of right now. Hopefully there won't be from now on since it is disabled.

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
OnePlus 7
How do I turn off notifications for something FULLY? I just had to unwatch all watched threads because it's impossible to NOT get a notification on ANY device if someone posts in them. I do want notifs if I'm replied to, mentioned or whatever ... but please NOT when someone simply posts in one of the threads.

If I disable them for everything, it saves and then they're ENabled again for the mobile device - whyyyyyyy? 😭

Please make them go away, thank you (y)

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
How do I turn off notifications for something FULLY? I just had to unwatch all watched threads because it's impossible to NOT get a notification on ANY device if someone posts in them. I do want notifs if I'm replied to, mentioned or whatever ... but please NOT when someone simply posts in one of the threads.

If I disable them for everything, it saves and then they're ENabled again for the mobile device - whyyyyyyy? 😭

Go to your profile, find the watched threads and unwatch them.
They automatically re-enable if you answer something.
Better use XDA app because answering from browser automatically turns on even email notifications.
Btw, it's annoying that now again level n+1 notifications are sent whenever somebody likes your post

Reactions: Nimueh and It_ler

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
Germany
Moto G 2014
Moto G5 Plus

I am able to disable these, atm I'm only getting notifications when I'm mentioned etc. but not when someone just posts in a watched thread.
That's working for me in the latest app but I did all the settings on my desktop PC running Firefox.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-29-20-23-04-937_com.xda.labs.play.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-29-20-23-04-937_com.xda.labs.play.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 13

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
OnePlus 7
Go to your profile, find the watched threads and unwatch them.
They automatically re-enable if you answer something.
Better use XDA app because answering from browser automatically turns on even email notifications.
Btw, it's annoying that now again level n+1 notifications are sent whenever somebody likes your post

I only use my PC browser though, the app is for "emergencies" if I'm not at home. I did unwatch them yesterday though but what's the point if they get watched again as soon as I post in them? :rolleyes:
I am able to disable these, atm I'm only getting notifications when I'm mentioned etc. but not when someone just posts in a watched thread.
That's working for me in the latest app but I did all the settings on my desktop PC running Firefox.

In your screenshot they aren't disabled either though and when I DO disable them they automatically get enabled for the app again - you can't fully disable them for ANY category. See attached screenshot, I got 2 notifications yesterday simply because someone posted in 2 watched threads (before I unwatched them).

I wish we could simply opt out of those "Achievements" too ... but for now I'd be happy with just being able to fully turn off ANY kind of notifications, esp. those "has posted in a thread".

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 10

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
These achievement messages are again enabled, really annoying and work totally wrong

First I receive a message that I had 54 reactiins so far, and some time after that the next one that I was promoted to Reactor level 2 because I passed 10 reactions.
The programmers don't know to count or what?!
(Besides, if I go to my profile, there it shows 100 times and more likes so far)

Why these achievement notifications cannot be simply configurable as 'watch'/'unwatch' and everbody (except maybe some newbie childs) will be happy to shut them down and to make the life easier?

Attachments

• IMG_20210430_190452.jpg
    IMG_20210430_190452.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20210430_190524.jpg
    IMG_20210430_190524.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 7

woodman

Senior Moderator / Moderator & RC-RT Committees
Staff member
Jul 21, 2012
France
OnePlus 7T
These achievement messages are again enabled, really annoying and work totally wrong

First I receive a message that I had 54 reactiins so far, and some time after that the next one that I was promoted to Reactor level 2 because I passed 10 reactions.
The programmers don't know to count or what?!
(Besides, if I go to my profile, there it shows 100 times and more likes so far)

Why these achievement notifications cannot be simply configurable as 'watch'/'unwatch' and everbody (except maybe some newbie childs) will be happy to shut them down and to make the life easier?
Since this is no secret, I'd like to quote here in the spoiler tag one post from svetius picked from our private forum to help you understand:
Guys,

Achievments isn't quite ready yet. Right now it's retroactively calculating XP by going through tens of millions of posts, which is why I put this message on the top of https://forum.xda-developers.com/help/adav-achievements/.

Screenshot_20210430-195111.jpg

So yes continue to post bugs here,, but know that it's going to be buggy for a bit.
So unless you're facing major issues like @It_ler previously (and other ones I know), you shouldn't give too much attention to those achievements. You can disable the alerts related to this in your profile, here.

Screenshot_20210430-194812__01.jpg

Top Liked Posts