Welcome to XDA 2021!

Search This thread

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    @Raiz how did you manage to set the n-year member achievement? I see you have the 4-year member in your showcase. Whatever I click, I can't seem to get it to show up, even when it's selected as the only achievement in my showcase. Maybe I'm just a dunce not seing the obvious, lol.
    Some achievements won't be shown even when earned and selected. And it differs from user to user.
    For me it's every year achievement except the 1 year ... and I really would like to show my 5 years at xda achievement :cry:
    But I have more achievements that won't show up on my xda username even when selected (such as my Reacted to level 4 and Achievement hunter) 🤷‍♂️
    Achievement system seems to be still work in progress, so how that this issues will be fixed in a few days 🤞

x2k13

Some achievements won't be shown even when earned and selected. And it differs from user to user.
    For me it's every year achievement except the 1 year ... and I really would like to show my 5 years at xda achievement :cry:
    But I have more achievements that won't show up on my xda username even when selected (such as my Reacted to level 4 and Achievement hunter) 🤷‍♂️
    Achievement system seems to be still work in progress, so how that this issues will be fixed in a few days 🤞
    Okay, have a cuppa tea and wait is it then. ;)

• Haha
    Reactions: Raiz and It_ler

zgfg

• Oct 10, 2016
    @Raiz how did you manage to set the n-year member achievement? I see you have the 4-year member in your showcase. Whatever I click, I can't seem to get it to show up, even when it's selected as the only achievement in my showcase. Maybe I'm just a dunce not seing the obvious, lol.
    How can I set nultiple of them and how can I Save or so?

Last edited:

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 23, 2011
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Samsung Galaxy S10
    How can I set nultiple of them and how can I Save or so?

Look at my video - what am I doing wrong
    In your profile, you can select the one achievement that is your favorite.
    But if you are in a thread where you posted, underneath your username on the left side you can see "Change achievements" ... Like in my screenshot.
    There you can select up to 3 achievements to be displayed under your xda username on every of your posts.
    This is only visible when using a browser ... and on mobile browser only in landscape mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210515-153448_Samsung Internet.jpg
      Screenshot_20210515-153448_Samsung Internet.jpg
      650.8 KB · Views: 17
    Achievement hunter
    By my information, achievement hunter is currently disabled because it created some issues with a few accounts. And you're certainly right, whole achievements are still work-in-progress.

zgfg

• Oct 10, 2016
    In your profile, you can select the one achievement that is your favorite.
    But if you are in a thread where you posted, underneath your username on the left side you can see "Change achievements" ... Like in my screenshot.
    There you can select up to 3 achievements to be displayed under your xda username on every of your posts.
    This is only visible when using a browser ... and on mobile browser only in landscape mode.
    Thanks. Seems I made it - btw, I can also set 4 year membership

Without your instrucrtions (browser, landscape mode) it wouldn't be very user-friendly🥸

• Haha
    • Wow
    Reactions: x2k13 and It_ler

zgfg

• Oct 10, 2016
    Clicking to somebody's achievement icon takes a good minute to obtain a response like"4 year member"

Clicking then to exactly the same icon from another post/user, takes again a minute to obtain exactly the same response/description "4 year member". And so on

Looking forward to see this thing working reliably, properly and user friendly

Last edited:
    Reactions: x2k13 and It_ler

rsngfrce

• May 13, 2012
    NorCal
    I am not at all fond of the achievement icons for Helper and Searcher. Why are they so plain compared to the others? The Helper icon looks like an 'icon not found' error and the Searcher icon looks like something you should click if you want to search.

Screenshot_20210517-180531_Opera.png

UPDATE: I actually posted that without reading the achievement discussion that was just taking place!

In Opera Mobile, change achievements is visible in portrait mode for me. Not sure about other browsers.

Screenshot_20210517-181657_Opera.png

Last edited:

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
  • Apr 26, 2013
    Bonn, Germany
    Moto G 2014
    Moto G5 Plus
    In Opera Mobile, change achievements is visible in portrait mode for me. Not sure about other browsers.

View attachment 5312493
    Change achievements/ select showcase achievements is visible in portrait mode of Firefox too, most probably in all browsers and the XDA app.
    I'm not sure if that's on the bug list, it should be because the whole section below the avatar can't be seen in normal mode.
    Also I'm missing the signature, it seems it's only visible in portrait mode of a mobile browser, XDA app or desktop browser too.

Last edited:

zgfg

• Oct 10, 2016
    Why there so many double posts in various threads last days?

Users try to post, XDA app fails mumbling about broken Matrix, call Neo (we are not on iMDB or some movie forum), asking to try again - users post again but then both the original and the duplicate post show up

Attachments

• IMG_20210525_065940.jpg
      IMG_20210525_065940.jpg
      251 KB · Views: 10
    Reactions: rsngfrce

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
  • Aug 31, 2013
    Sydney
    Why there so many double posts in various threads last days?
    Users try to post, XDA app fails mumblibf about broken matrix, call Neo (we are not on iMDB or some movie forum), users post again - but then both the first and second post show up
    ...snip...
    Once bitten, twice shy. Now (when it fails or is slow to return), I open the thread in another window and check if the post HAS gone through, before re-posting. And thinking aboyut it now, I have not had a failed post, but many many error messages that the post failed.

I actually think it would not be too much code to check that the last post, by the same user, to the same thread, is not the same as is being currently posted.

Last edited:

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    This app is still a piece of crap. When I just open to read it, it often popps up with a totally different position and is almost useless. When will XDA get an app that is consistent and not the constant **** that I have to deal with all the time?

woodman

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / RC-RT Committee
    Staff member
  • Jul 21, 2012
    France
    OnePlus 7T
    This app is still a piece of crap. When I just open to read it, it often popps up with a totally different position and is almost useless. When will XDA get an app that is consistent and not the constant **** that I have to deal with all the time?
    I am not sure you will succeed in anything positive with such a way of communication. You are entitled to your own opinion of course but the way you talk is important.

Anyway, we all need to be patient, the app is still new and needs time to be developed and to improve.

If you have any constructive bug reports or suggestions to improve the app, you can use this forum by the way: https://forum.xda-developers.com/f/xda-app-bugs-and-requests.12203/

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone