• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Welcome to XDA 2021!

Search This thread

svetius

User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
OnePlus 9 Pro
New forum is really fast, I love it.

But I can't navigate to last page here:

If I click on the last page, it navigates me back to page 1

We are aware of this page-jumping issue and will fix it soon. Thanks for reporting it! :)

Reactions: sol-invictus

svetius

User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
OnePlus 9 Pro
I can't search on a section of the forum I am on even with a common word like "boot".
I tried all the options from the drop down menu.

There is no thread-level search right now, only forum-wide (use the search tool in the upper right corner). We are thinking about bringing back thread-level search, but it's actually extremely complicated and is one of the things that slowed down the old site. Thanks for your feedback though!

Reactions: sol-invictus
It is a bug, and is being active worked upon...
One of many. ;)

Pizza_Bugs.gif

There is no thread-level search right now, only forum-wide (use the search tool in the upper right corner). We are thinking about bringing back thread-level search, but it's actually extremely complicated and is one of the things that slowed down the old site...

Thread search is an essential tool for a site with staying power compared to the ephemeral Reddit.

Otherwise all older but informative posts in a thread will be lost in the soup.

Losing the Most Thanked posts in a thread in the right sidebar is also a major lost for usability.

Hope that @Audentio & @woodman will see this post also.

Attachments

• Most_Thanked_Search_Thread_XDA_Old.png
    Most_Thanked_Search_Thread_XDA_Old.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017
OnePlus 6T
There is no thread-level search right now [...] We are thinking about bringing back thread-level search, but it's actually extremely complicated [...]

Are you saying that, even after indexing is done, selecting "This thread" in the search bar will not work? I hope it will, because in-thread search was always on of my most used actions.

1606914675321.png

Top Liked Posts