• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Welcome to XDA 2021!

Search This thread

svetius

User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
OnePlus 9 Pro
New forum is really fast, I love it.

But I can't navigate to last page here:

If I click on the last page, it navigates me back to page 1

We are aware of this page-jumping issue and will fix it soon. Thanks for reporting it! :)

Reactions: sol-invictus

svetius

User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
OnePlus 9 Pro
I can't search on a section of the forum I am on even with a common word like "boot".
I tried all the options from the drop down menu.

There is no thread-level search right now, only forum-wide (use the search tool in the upper right corner). We are thinking about bringing back thread-level search, but it's actually extremely complicated and is one of the things that slowed down the old site. Thanks for your feedback though!

Reactions: sol-invictus
It is a bug, and is being active worked upon...
One of many. ;)

Pizza_Bugs.gif

There is no thread-level search right now, only forum-wide (use the search tool in the upper right corner). We are thinking about bringing back thread-level search, but it's actually extremely complicated and is one of the things that slowed down the old site...

Thread search is an essential tool for a site with staying power compared to the ephemeral Reddit.

Otherwise all older but informative posts in a thread will be lost in the soup.

Losing the Most Thanked posts in a thread in the right sidebar is also a major lost for usability.

Hope that @Audentio & @woodman will see this post also.

Attachments

• Most_Thanked_Search_Thread_XDA_Old.png
    Most_Thanked_Search_Thread_XDA_Old.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017
OnePlus 6T
There is no thread-level search right now [...] We are thinking about bringing back thread-level search, but it's actually extremely complicated [...]

Are you saying that, even after indexing is done, selecting "This thread" in the search bar will not work? I hope it will, because in-thread search was always on of my most used actions.

1606914675321.png

Top Liked Posts