Welcome to XDA 2021!

Search This thread

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    Looks pretty, but can't find full stats and do the many basic functions.
    It's pretty but so far is a big waste of screen resources.
    My initial impression isn't good.
    For as long as this forum has been around and especially since you're coders you should standardized the forum layout long ago.
    Then stayed with it as well as keeping full access to the oldest forums/threads.

If it's broke don't use it, fix it.
    If it's not broke don't fix it.
    It was more fixed than broke; all time and energy invested learning to navigate it... LOST.
    Even broke its bookmark, perfect.
    This is like trading the smart gf for the pretty but inept gf.
    It looks nice but can it cook?
    This isn't fun... at all.

Reactions: hipunk

karandpr

Senior Moderator | Dev Committee Lead & stuff
    Staff member
  • Feb 20, 2011
    Xiaomi Redmi 4a
    Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
    That's not what i am asking for tho like i said current Dark theme is VERY narrow on 16:9 displays while the Classic fills the screen way better that why i asked for Classic Dark or making current Dark skin scale with the display/aspect ratio better
    classic2.PNG
    dark.PNG
    xda.PNG

I have a 16:9 too, By default classic mode has wide mode and XDA Dark has narrow mode. It can be toggled.
    I have attached screenies of all three with wide mode on. The difference is the font size and button layout. Classic has large font size.

blackhawk

• Jun 23, 2020
    Speed seems to have improved markedly since last night.
    I saw a post that the switch had not gone a smoothly as they had hoped.
    Not sure if post was legit, but ...

Speed is much better. I do like the message box clean up.
    Maybe should have stopped there.
    Not liking the grid thread layout at all.
    The site looks and feels foriegn.
    Continuity is a good thing and that's been completely nuked...

androidacy

• Apr 1, 2019
    www.androidacy.com
    It's mostly working now; however I'm missing 50 posts from my profile and at least 50 score. In addition, trying to login with Google leads to the register page which tells me I need to login. On top of all that, I can't edit any of my posts from old DevDB threads.

m.omdaa

Jan 24, 2014
    We need official clarification on when the app will be available and whether the current apps and alternatives will work again or not !

dansou901

Recognized Contributor
    Apr 10, 2012
    Aachen
    OnePlus Nord
    We need official clarification on when the app will be available and whether the current apps and alternatives will work again or not !
    The app will be available once it's ready. The current apps will no longer work, they will try to get labs up and running again, but just the part with the app store, the forum in labs won't work any longer.

searching threads never finds any results, google results to xda threads either lead to 502 bad gateway or an oops message
    There is no thread-level search right now, only forum-wide (use the search tool in the upper right corner). We are thinking about bringing back thread-level search, but it's actually extremely complicated and is one of the things that slowed down the old site...
    This is an essential tool for a site with staying power compared to the ephemeral Reddit.

Otherwise all older but informative posts in a thread will be lost in the soup.

Losing the Most Thanked thread box is also a major lost for usability.

Hope that @Audentio & @woodman will see this post also.

J.Michael

Jan 20, 2018
    View attachment 5145671View attachment 5145675View attachment 5145677

I have a 16:9 too, By default classic mode has wide mode and XDA Dark has narrow mode. It can be toggled.
    I have attached screenies of all three with wide mode on. The difference is the font size and button layout. Classic has large font size.

Is this toggle available to a user? Or only to the site designer?

Classic theme does not fill screen width -- the rightmost third of my screen is still wasted on the sidebar.

It did change the color scheme to light, which I thought I wanted.

typos1

Apr 3, 2007
    UK
    ,Jesus so many bugs hard to list them all - I ve lost about 30 of my thanks, you cant go to previous page its the first or last and thats it, one thread goes from 2nd December 2020 to posts from January !! Basically the froum is currently unusable. Cant see any benefits to the changes really, just lots of hassle and the site is pretty much out of action for no reason.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone