• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Welcome to XDA 2021!

Search This thread

RodimusConvoy

Jul 22, 2012
Raleigh
,Jesus so many bugs hard to list them all - I ve lost about 30 of my thanks, you cant go to previous page its the first or last and thats it, one thread goes from 2nd December 2020 to posts from January !! Basically the froum is currently unusable. Cant see any benefits to the changes really, just lots of hassle and the site is pretty much out of action for no reason.

Well...its faster. There's that. The rest are bugs and excising creature comforts (weekly emails vs daily emails).

diabl0w

Mar 5, 2015

if there is no thread level search working, why provide the option to search at the thread level in the gui? so we are now expected to read through 100+ pages to find an answer to a possible simple question? or thread creators are expected to answer the same questions over and over again?

Reactions: curiousrom

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
@svetius I don't mind the changes, but as a laptop user, the new UI has a "space problem".

- The header is always there, it doesn't go away with scrolling like before. It uses valuable space on a small laptop display.

- The left sidebar - which I have no use for - is always there even when collapsed. This makes the middle section (content) slimmer.

In practice, there's less space for the content on the new theme(s). Keep in mind that unlike that photo on Audentio's website, we're not all using huge displays.

I've also noticed that some of the old links are broken. For example, direct links to posts (eg: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=84000535&postcount=530 ) or donation links.

I've seen a few NGINX 502 errors, which are probably related to the transition. Page loading speeds have improved though, so that's good.

Mar 18, 2012
haguenau
Hello,

Taking this thread for example: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-pixel-3-xl-aka-bluecross.3864563/page-136

Try jumping to page 137 and it brings you back to the first post.

Also happened on the first page, clicking on last page > first page...

Cheers for the new forum. Seems a solid upgrade and also fast AF now...

Thanks for the proper dark theme, helps at night. My eyes won't bleed anymore! 👍

Well done!

Sébastien.

Reactions: rhewins2268

karandpr

Senior Moderator | DC Lead | MC
Staff member
Feb 20, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi 4a
Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
Is this toggle available to a user? Or only to the site designer?

Classic theme does not fill screen width -- the rightmost third of my screen is still wasted on the sidebar.

It did change the color scheme to light, which I thought I wanted.
It should be available for all. See here
button.png

Davy49

Aug 3, 2011
Brandon
I've never seen xda forums so messed up, I used to be able to use the xda labs app but now it's no longer functional. Also when I installed the xda app from the play store it doesn't work either. Hopefully in the near future everything will get straightened out.

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
I miss the partecipated thread section :(
Tap on your name, then a menu should pop up in the pop-up menu, there will be a button called 'Your content' there you can find your participated threads / posts ...
Alternatively, you can use the "What's new" > "New posts" view with the filter "Participated" (originally suggested by another member here in the thread).

J.Michael

Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Removed most of the clutter using a CSS style sheet, not so busy now but obviously still slow

@Namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
@-moz-document domain("forum.xda-developers.com") {

.is_stuck.uix_sidebar--scroller,
.uix_stickyBodyElement.uix_sidebarNav__inner,
.p-sectionLinks > .pageContent,
.uix_extendedFooter {
display: none !important;
}
}
Where do you put this style sheet?
Will this only work with Firefox? Greasemonkey?

danielcuervog

Mar 6, 2013
Neiva

Top Liked Posts