Welcome to XDA 2021!

Oblias

Sep 3, 2016
Believe it or not, I can't even edit my own signature. We will look into fixing this soon!

The move to vB to XenForo was a huge undertaking. Permissions had to be re-done, threads migrated to a whole new format, and in fact the entire structure of the forum categories needed to be changed. Now that is is live we are fixing the "big things" like missing/outdated threads, and working our way through the bug list.
It is my opinion that all 'the powers that be' are doing an excellent job of the migration! Are there bugs, sure! Does the forum look 'different', sure! Have things changed, sure! I believe it's human nature to resist change of any kind, more than not. In the end, the old quote from W.C.Fields stands true.... "You can please some of the people all the time, and all of the people some of the time.... but you certainly cannot please all the people all the time!"

A month from now, all the grumbling will be a thing of the past, and I really do believe a LOT of folks will be having nothing but praise for the new forum format, and all the changes.

Just my .02 .

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
Fargo
www.scottcrosler.com
Love the new platform. Simply amazing. Everything looks so modern, the forum is insanely fast... Haven't looked for any of the bugs others have posted but no doubt they exist. Thats the way things go during a conversation. Oh well...

Great job XDA! I can ENJOY using the forums again instead of dreading using the forums again.

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
Believe it or not, I can't even edit my own signature. We will look into fixing this soon!

The move to vB to XenForo was a huge undertaking. Permissions had to be re-done, threads migrated to a whole new format, and in fact the entire structure of the forum categories needed to be changed. Now that is is live we are fixing the "big things" like missing/outdated threads, and working our way through the bug list.
I can edit mine, if it helps narrow this down. Strange, as the settings do look correct at a quick glance.

Roarmaster

Mar 30, 2014
Toronto
How do I view my list of device forums? I know that I can view my watched posts, but if i want to view my list of device/project forums (ex. magisk, project treble, pixel 3a, etc.) how can i do that?

Roarmaster

Mar 30, 2014
Toronto
"Watched forums" are over in the left column.
Thanks, but FYI it seems like some are missing. Only shows 2 out of my previous 7 watched forums.

Edit: Also, I'm not sure how to add them back
Edit 2: I can add a subforum of the pixel 3a (Google Pixel 3a ROMs, Kernels, Recoveries, & Other), but i cant add the pixel 3a device forum to the "watched forums" list

Last edited:

M4Master96

Nov 21, 2017
Pune
www.teamos-hkrg.com
Conversations are yet to be clubbed together.

Earlier, XDA used to have mail like system where each message was shown as a different entity. But not with Xenforo, Older messages too need to be clubbed as conversations instead of showing each sent and received message as separate.