Welcome to XDA 2021!

sch00n3r

Jan 3, 2014
Hello! New forum looks pretty cool! I'm trying to get to this thread:

I was using it yesterday but now can't open it. I'll try searching but thought I would let you know.

Thank you!

robbo1947

Jun 2, 2007
Manchester
But the password reset system asks for the email address that you have registered with. It doesn't accept different email. I don't understand, did you re-register with the same name?
Your recent posts tell me you are already logged in now on your original XDA username name. Just clicked your name, clicked Messages and can see your posts from 2009.

HerrT

Aug 23, 2013
Vienna
I can't
a) find my watched/followed threads anymore
b) don't see any difference between read and unread threads
c) can't jump to the first unread comment
Anyone else?

All in all this transition went not smooth at all :(

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia

the_scotsman

Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
I can't
a) find my watched/followed threads anymore
b) don't see any difference between read and unread threads
c) can't jump to the first unread comment
Anyone else?

All in all this transition went not smooth at all :(
a) See my post above yours
b) this is a bug that will be resolved soon
c) as per b

Reactions: HerrT

textbook

Mar 3, 2016
For me, the xda app is completely broken. It was giving me "network connectivity error" for days. Then I cleared app cache and app data, now I can't login.

DVoiDeD

Dec 2, 2020
I can't log in to my previous account. It keeps saying incorrect password. When I try to reset my password, it keeps saying that account couldn't be found. At some point yesterday, I can't remember what I did, but after trying to reset my password and trying to log in again, it told me my account was temporarily locked due to multiple incorrect login attempts.
I tried some of the things other people suggested, clearing cookies and disabling my adblockers, but it didn't help. I created a new account and tried to log in to my previous account again this morning and it still says incorrect password. I know the password isn't incorrect, because it's the same I've been using for over 10-years now and it's saved in Chrome as well.

Reactions: hasanbahri

woodman

Senior Moderator / RC-RT & Moderator Committees
Staff member
Jul 21, 2012
France
Lots of wasted space on the right. Actually when I open the sidebar in FF (which takes up space on the left) the main column (forum threads) becomes wider than it is with the sidebar closed!! This is certainly a bug.
I use Firefox Desktop Browser, and such a button does not exist. I'm attaching a screenshot for verification. Am I missing something??

View attachment 5146023
Not sure why you don't see the button but I tested myself and it is there both with Chrome and Firefox, and the button works as intended.

1606980746186__01.png

1606980766039.png

With the width toggled + the left side bar minimized, it gives this:
1606980848278.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 11282321

Proof of Edit: Hello World.

I'm finally back! 😍

And I can even edit my messages! This is early Christmas for me! 🥳
Alright, this is getting annoying again.
Trying to post with my old account doesn't work (it logs me out every time when I visit threads!). But using my new account (that's also connected to the new Google login) button works flawlessly. Is there a way I can gain the Google login way back again for my old again?

Any help is greatly appreciated 🙏

Last edited:

Kurt Krummbein

Jul 19, 2011
Hi all,
well the new platform looks nice, but i'm missing (or just haven't found) the "/subscribed"-function which was just showing me new posts in my subscribed threads.
The "What's new" is simply too much (does it realy show ALL new posts? Guys, that's wired!). Under "WATCHED FORUMS" i don't see all threads i subscribed (or followed).

All in all, the new XDA is (currently) not the place i will look one an hour for new messages ... it's costing too much time - i'm not sure if i saw all from the last two days, even though i spent more than an hour looking for them :-(

Regreds
Kurt

the_scotsman

Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
I can't log in to my previous account. It keeps saying incorrect password. When I try to reset my password, it keeps saying that account couldn't be found. At some point yesterday, I can't remember what I did, but after trying to reset my password and trying to log in again, it told me my account was temporarily locked due to multiple incorrect login attempts.
I tried some of the things other people suggested, clearing cookies and disabling my adblockers, but it didn't help. I created a new account and tried to log in to my previous account again this morning and it still says incorrect password. I know the password isn't incorrect, because it's the same I've been using for over 10-years now and it's saved in Chrome as well.
PM me your username

the_scotsman

Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
Hi all,
well the new platform looks nice, but i'm missing (or just haven't found) the "/subscribed"-function which was just showing me new posts in my subscribed threads.
The "What's new" is simply too much (does it realy show ALL new posts? Guys, that's wired!). Under "WATCHED FORUMS" i don't see all threads i subscribed (or followed).

All in all, the new XDA is (currently) not the place i will look one an hour for new messages ... it's costing too much time - i'm not sure if i saw all from the last two days, even though i spent more than an hour looking for them :-(

Regreds
Kurt
The "Whats New" as I explained a few posts back is exactly this. You just set the filter to what you want it to be.

You can set it to just show threads you've subscribed to (called watching in the new forums). And then you can even filter it to show only those that have unread posts. It's very simple but very tunable.

Reactions: GintoSama

Oblias

Sep 3, 2016
Not sure why you don't see the button but I tested myself and it is there both with Chrome and Firefox, and the button works as intended.
Thank you for the screenshots. I kept looking on my Firefox browser, but that button just was not there, as you could see by the screenshot I posted. But, I kept at it, and found that reducing the overall screen size in Firefox, by pressing the Control and Number Pad - keys finally let that button show up. Once I clicked the arrow button you are talking about, I now get the full size forum.

I appreciate your help with this!!

Reactions: woodman