Search This thread

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
maybe it was already but:
watchlist - can't see threads with a reply since the last visit, with the option to jump straight to the newly added answer
tapatalk support will be added?

Up top, click "Whats New". Then click the New Posts tab. Over on the right, you can then filter what you want to see.

You can list all watched (subscribed) threads, all participated, those just unread, etc etc And you can set that filter as default.

You can also bookmark that URL: https://forum.xda-developers.com/whats-new/posts/

the_scotsman

Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
How can I send you a PM, lol?

Top right > envelope icon.

Or from any user profile > start conversation.

ON here, they're called conversations, not Private Messages.

You have a few settings when you send one. You can allow or disallow the other person to invite members to the conversation.

mrkarim

Oct 19, 2016
Hi everybody, I'm just "studing" this new interface as well, and have to say that I prefere the new XenForo platform, as vBulletin was to "old" and never update in order to "refresh" it.. good job, thanks a lot and have a good job to everyone!

Reactions: svetius
D

Deleted member 11282321

Top right > envelope icon.

Or from any user profile > start conversation.

ON here, they're called conversations, not Private Messages.

You have a few settings when you send one. You can allow or disallow the other person to invite members to the conversation.
Tapping on start conversation gives me an error that I don't have sufficient permissions...
Screenshot_20201203-113305.png

bgiesing

Nov 22, 2010
Union, MO
brandongiesing.com
Unable to login with my Google account like before, says
This account's email is already associated with another member. Please log into that account to associate this account.
both when signing in from scratch and from control panel after logging in with the username/password associated with that Google account (aka this one I'm posting from)

Otherwise great update, it's so much faster now and looks better too.

pndwal

Jun 23, 2016
Sydney
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
... Would be great to know if it's an issue, or is it working for anyone??? PW
Did anyone try Search 'This Thread' or 'This Forum'?

Bit further since I have no answers (and can't even search here for 'search' etc 🙄 ):

These both return 'No Results Found' for me... Search 'Everywhere' works, but is FAR to inclusive. ☹ ... Also, no different w/ 'Desktop site' checked.

Please say if this function is getting attention / is a priority... It's vital for me / others, especially in threads in excess of 2000 pages! 😬

Thanks, n keep up the good work ya all (staff, mods, contributors)! 👍 PW

Last edited:

lakshay18?

Dec 3, 2020
I can't sign in using Google to my primary account (username: lakshay18)

Getting an error while signing in, check attached image.

Attachments

• IMG_20201203_161244_218.png
    IMG_20201203_161244_218.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 9

the_scotsman

Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
Did anyone try Search 'This Thread' or 'This Forum'?

Bit further since I have no answers (and can't even search here for 'search' etc 🙄 ):

These both return 'No Results Found' for me... Search 'Everywhere' works, but is FAR to inclusive. ☹ ... Also, no different w/ 'Desktop site' checked.

Please say if this function is getting attention / is a priority... It's vital for me / others, especially in threads in excess of 2000 pages! 😬

Thanks, n keep up the good work ya all (staff, mods, contributes)! 👍 PW

Yep, I noticed this myself. Searching inside threads doesn't seem to return any resuls at all. I've flagged this as somethign to investigate.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone