Welcome to XDA 2021!

pndwal

Jun 23, 2016
Sydney
No I know it wasn't meant for me. I'm not upset with anybody except those that forced this switch before it was 99% ready to go. I understand the time and energy put into, but why bother releasing it so very broken?
I feel your pain ....

... BUT how about some Scottish prose for perspective? -

Guess our nest got hit by the cruel ole plough!

"Thy wee-bit housie, too, in ruin!
It’s silly wa’s the win’s are strewin!...
But Mousie, thou art no thy-lane,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes o’ Mice an’ Men
Gang aft agley,
An’ lea’e us nought but grief an’ pain,
For promis’d joy!"

The ploughman who wreaked such destruction here did apologise to the mouse:

"I’m truly sorry Man’s dominion
Has broken Nature’s social union,
An’ justifies that ill opinion,
Which makes thee startle,
At me, thy poor, earth-born companion,
An’ fellow-mortal!"

We mice may no get so lucky... but we might deign to tarry and discover if the ploughman will actually provide a better field!

At least we can rebuild and hope to steal the odd ear in twenty-four sheaves once again! ...

But now you are turned out, for all your trouble,
Without house or holding,
To endure the winter's sleety dribble,
And hoar-frost cold.

But little Mouse, you are not alone,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go often askew.
PW
https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/the-best-laid-schemes-of-mice-and-men.html

Last edited:

NotATreoFan

Senior Moderator / Developer & Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jul 12, 2006
The Interwebs
twitch.tv
Legit? Committee? 😂
In what fantasy land you live in? I want there too...

Well, I have been mod/admin on some forums and what I said is quite common.
Still at Slatedroid which is kind of dead now. LOL
Also there you can see who the mod was...
They're not wrong in general principle.

The first step would be to contact one of the forum moderators assigned to the area in question, and it would then follow the same process it always has on XDA.

That being said, I did respond to your concerns regarding anonymity a few posts back.

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
Anyone has any ideas how to solve this one?
Signatures have some issues for all members. These will be resolved soon hopefully.

Hello,

Here are a few issues which I am facing.

1.Unable to Login with Google Account.
2. Threads & Thanks are Missing.
3. Having issues with posting.
See post #1 for main issues. Yous are covered there.

Most Liked Posts in a Thread?

@svetius, @The Scotsman & @woodman: Losing the Most Thanked posts in a thread box in the right sidebar is a major lost for usability.

No way a user will read all the 74 pages in this thread (so far) to find the most liked posts which may also be the most useful.

View attachment 5147379

I searched the xenForo forum with most reacted post "thread" and it seems an addon could work to get it back.

See also XenForo tips & guides [2.x] > Identifying and using variables in templates
Yep, I think a few people have requested this. It's on a feature request list to be looked at :)

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Older links will need to be updated, especially links directly to posts.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...dded-experimental-etc-gt-i9190-92-95.3549010/

this post?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ntal-etc-gt-i9190-92-95.3549010/post-73039466

if you remove
/post73039466
from the old link what remains will be redirected to the new link
then just add
/post-73039466

Edit:
This may be a temporary issue, reindexing may fix this.

Last edited:
Reactions: HemanthJabalpuri

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
They're not wrong in general principle.

The first step would be to contact one of the forum moderators assigned to the area in question, and it would then follow the same process it always has on XDA.

That being said, I did respond to your concerns regarding anonymity a few posts back.
Yeah, only but is that those principles don't work in real life...
A mod does as he pleases... That 's about it.

But openness at least would pin point some dork mods in the long run.
Like those idiots putting threads to a new location and not leaving even a shortcut...

Last edited:

HemanthJabalpuri

Feb 19, 2018
Repalle, India
t.me
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...dded-experimental-etc-gt-i9190-92-95.3549010/

this post?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ntal-etc-gt-i9190-92-95.3549010/post-73039466

if you remove
/post73039466
from old link what remains will be redirected to new link
then just add
/post-73039466
That works, but I have given those type of direct links in many of my posts!
I have to edit all of those😞

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
Re: Most Liked Posts in a Thread?

...Yep, I think a few people have requested this. It's on a feature request list to be looked at :)
Just "a few people"? :eek:

Besides a working Search Thread it's probably the next most important feature for thread usability IMO.

Also missing is when posting the option to not include your signature in a given post.

Sometimes the reply is short & a big signature looks stupid & sometimes for a big reference post a signature may include useful related links.

svetius

User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Nice to see XDA got revamped. I just hope the thread fully restored. Wait did our member status got resetted too?
Yes, titles are fixed :)

Hello.

I would like to advise that the Chromecast forum does not exist! I am disappointed in this new version: c I see the design smaller, more compact in some way. And I don't like it, but other than that, it's very good.

-alexito_dev

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
That works, but I have given those type of direct links in many of my posts!
I have to edit all of those😞
Don't do it!

Sorry @sd_shadow but that's bad advice @ the present as they are working on that (@svetius) via re-indexing posts & redirecting AFAIK.

I checked 2 days ago several links I posted on external sites pointing to some specific posts on XDA & they were 404 (The requested page could not be found) but are now working.

Last edited:

kmr168401

Jul 2, 2016
hi i am try to login into my xda application in my android mobile after your update to your forums i am not able to login, even i changed my password twice but i can't login into, but i can login via website, i did uninstalled the xda app twice and even i reinstall my custom ROM freshly but still i am not able to login. so what should i do now to resolve this login issue?. o_O kindly advice i am missing xda very badly.:cry:

NotATreoFan

Senior Moderator / Developer & Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jul 12, 2006
The Interwebs
twitch.tv
hi i am try to login into my xda application in my android mobile after your update to your forums i am not able to login, even i changed my password twice but i can't login into, but i can login via website, i did uninstalled the xda app twice and even i reinstall my custom ROM freshly but still i am not able to login. so what should i do now to resolve this login issue?. o_O kindly advice i am missing xda very badly.:cry:
Please read the first post of the thread.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
see mobile app post in

Reactions: the_scotsman

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee
Staff member
Jan 30, 2006
NSW, Australia
Also missing is when posting the option to not include your signature in a given post.

Sometimes the reply is short & a big signature looks stupid & sometimes for a big reference post a signature may include useful related links.
That's not how signatures work. Your signature will either appear on all posts, or none. You can't pick and choose which ones it will appear on.

The aps no longer work. We've removed integration of them. We're releasing a new much improved app in the very near future :)

• Love
Reactions: kmr168401

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Is there any way to stretch the theme to fit my screen? I'm only on a 16:9 1080p monitor and the main forum content is squashed into a tiny channel down the middle with masses of wasted space left and right, I know I can use the classic theme but is there any way to widen the default / dark themes?

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2011
Costa Rica
www.reddit.com
That's not how signatures work. Your signature will either appear on all posts, or none. You can't pick and choose which ones it will appear on...
I know that's how it is now but before the migration in vBulletin one could chose > Advanced and decide if the signature should be included or not as well as give a post a title, include an icon or not for the post & give a reason for an edit.

All that is gone @ the present. :cry:

Reactions: galaxys