[CLOSED] Welcome to XDA 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

oF2pks

May 22, 2016
Labs is offline for now, but we expect to have it back up soon.
Seems all Google (and others search engines) indexation(s) of xda members is down (php miss ?):
https://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2235607 -> Oops! We ran into some problems.
Code:
https://xdaforums.com/m/svetius.2235607/
(and no size possibilities for _code_ text ?)

Thankfully my {Watched threads} section works fine. Santa Claus will surely enjoy [, ]XDA ...

Freak07

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 2, 2011
@svetius any words on this?

it seems all of my first posts in threads I started are completely out of date.
There´s also a mismatch between the thread title (you can see from the date in title) and the actual content on some threads.

see here in the asus rog 3 forums:

last update to OP was at 29th of October as indicated by the thread title, but the content of the actual OP is that of the first release of the kernel in august.

the same has happened in the pixe 4 xl forums:

and on the pixel 3 forums dating back to June 2020:

the thread on the HTC U12+ forum was actually updated a few days ago on the 28th of November 2020:

There are several months lost in the content of each of my first posts. I really hope this can be somehow fixed and is a simple bug that happened during the migration.

corsicanu

Recognized Developer
Hello team, thanks for your continous support, new theme looks good, hope the bugs will be sorted in no time and everything will go back to normal.
I have some questions tho:
1. Some reactions (former thanks) are missing, is there any chance to get them back?
2. I seen old thread links are still working by redirecting to new links, is this only temporarly or it will stay like this?
I have many threads linked in eachother and it's hard for me now to relink everything back.

Kind regards,
corsicanu

svetius

Retired User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
OnePlus 9 Pro
Running a lot better this morning. Lot of you newer users need to calm the crap down. Give it a few days. I've never seen such a group of ungrateful people.
If you want premium service maybe buy a paid subscription somewhere. Awful lot of complaining for a free website

Good job guys looks and works a lot better. Pages are loading quite fast probably faster than old setup.

👍👍👍👍

Thanks. We're a small team that were tasked with the huge challenge of moving a site that was running on 1990s software to a modern platform. We had to move tens of millions of posts, 10 million members, and plus we went to new, faster servers. So overall yes, it's different and change takes some getting used to but we are certain that over the next couple of weeks, especially as we iron out the bugs and bring in the new app, that people will realize the new site is a massive improvement. :) We're doing the best we can guys! Please be patient, and thank you so much for your support of XDA over the years.

svetius

Retired User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
OnePlus 9 Pro
The new search feature is... unfortunately cumbersome to use. I really, really liked the old search feature. It was the best search i've ever seen on any forum site. If I wanted to search a thread for something, I just throw words into the box, hit enter and boom. There we go.

We hear you. And we'll make search better. The old search, powered by Algolia, was one of the main reasons the old site was slow. Plus Algolia was extremely expensive. We're trying to get the new search to be better, be patient, but there's a chance we go back to Algolia if we can't get search to be as good as we want.

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2016
Blumenau, SC
Motorola Moto Maxx
Xiaomi Mi 5
Ok, this is can be kind of annoying/repetitive, BUT as no search option on thread is available... On some threads I noticed that some pages are a no-go (dunno if the migration still happening, but still I'll let it in here), also noticed that some posts are completely out of order too.

Also having back the edit option and search on the thread only would be nice (Once again I don't know if those are disabled as of now, or there isn't these features at all on XenForo).

MartinX3

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2014
Mars
martinx3.github.io
Xperia XZ2
Just managed to get on here after some hours of login / security problems / nonsensical messages... Couldn't login with Google as 'account in use by another user... Need to login to that account to associate this one' ??? But it's the only one I have! Finally got here by resetting PW...

Thank you for the advise
I did the same, then reconnected my account with the google account and finally I can login again using my google account <3

...Nobody reads before posting...

And the new big Reply button next to the thread's title as seen in the screenshot will make it worst.
Forum_Thread_Reply_Button_curiousrom.png

It should be remove IMO so the users need to at least scroll the down the page to post.

Reactions: ridobe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts