Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

warriorvibhu

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2007
Somewhere Amazing
HTC One (m7)
LG V10
Hi @svetius do you think its the same issue i am facing with my post here, Is there a way to increase the limit of character count, i am not able to edit it, i want to be able to add information as the new Beta versions are released.
THANKS again for all the hardwork. the site is definitely much faster, so is editing and updating posts.

Please find the screenshot below for the error that is being thrown:

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
The submitted message is too long to be processed. Please shorten it."

1607028924908.png

Attachments

• 1607028934842.png
    1607028934842.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 0

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
Reactions: tiho5

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Search is broken differently. Right after the XenForo conversion, I was able to click on the magnifying glass and get a Search dialog. I could fiddle with settings, or go to Advanced, where Thread Search did not work. The point is, I could try.

Now, I click on magnifying glass, dialog appears, dialog disappears, I get "Search results for '*'". I have no chance to change anything, or go to Advanced. Leaning on the glass to try to get a context menu, to open in a new tab, does not help -- no context menu.

UPDATE: Operator error. I don't know why I started tapping the magnifying glass. If I tap in the "Search..." text box, the dialog box sits still, giving me time to do what I want.

Last edited:

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
I'm starting to get the feeling as if I'm on Mars. I keep seeing little green men, no matter what page I go to. I've turned off the Prefs setting of 'Show Your Online Status', but even my own posts show a little green man at the bottom of my avitar.

Is there a setting I can adjust so that I don't see little green men from now on? Flying pink elephants on a Saturday morning after drinking the night before are bad enough.... I really don't want to deal with little green men next, ya know?? :alien:
He, he ... hope that you do not mean my avatar ;)
About the online status: I think you have already found the right place (Preferences > Privacy) to switch this option on/off.
I can not see a little green man on your avatar:
Screenshot_20201203-221208_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: sd_shadow

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
I did that and filtered to see only Watched content. I see 14 threads like that.

However, if I go to https://xdaforums.com/watched/threads I can see 24 threads.

What causes this?

There's possibly a discrepancy due to the current bugs with read/unread, and missing threads/posts. I think it will all balance out once those are resolved soon :)

New Posts, filtered to Unread and Watched, displays two threads, a gap, and then four threads that have not been updated since my last visit.

Watched lists 28 threads.

Do you think this discrepancy is also covered by the bugs you cited?

dave*

Dec 3, 2020
I've had to reregister to gain access to the forum, my original username was @d123

My password (saved in iCloud Keychain and Bitwarden) is always reporting as incorrect and none of my email addresses are recognised to reset my password. Is there any workaround to this?

J.Michael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2018
He, he ... hope that you do not mean my avatar ;)
About the online status: I think you have already found the right place (Preferences > Privacy) to switch this option on/off.
I can not see a little green man on your avatar:
View attachment 5146829

It looks like you see that you are online, even if you don't let others see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts