[CLOSED] Welcome to XDA 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Where / How can I search threads?...

Click in the Search box & expand the dropdown menu. Et voilà! ;)

search_this_thread-png.5148719

...Will there be an update of the XDA app for Android soon?

Yes. See post #1.

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I was sure you would answer that 😂😂
Let's bury this post with some other questions, do you know what the little purple eye means? I thought it meant the thread was watched but in the what's new section, I see the eye on this thread, even though I didn't watched it. Any ideas ? (By watch I mean starred )
And btw, do you plan on reintroducing the banner thing on the profile page ?
I liked this features when it was here at the beginning of the roll out

tenor.gif

I will let the smarter ones answer your questions, I am just here for riot control. :cool:

Zackptg5

Recognized Developer
Sep 18, 2014
zackptg5.com
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5a
@svetius
Overall, the new platform is much faster and more responsive than the old one but I'm still having a couple issues that aren't listed in the OP:

1. Dev DB is gone - there's some threads where I can't edit the OP anymore now because of that. Furthermore, the OP on some of them are snapshots of what they were months ago, not the current version
  2. Can't find my folders I setup to organized my subscribed threads
  3. There's no search bar by the thread anymore - I know you can use the search bar up top and set to thread only, but considering how much of a problem users already have with "search the thread first", this is a huge step backwards
I'm sure I'll find more stuff when I play around with the new forum some more but it's looking great so far!

Edit: Found that subscribed threads were renamed to watched threads, still can't find folders

Last edited:
Bring Back Most Liked Posts & Custom Search Thread Box

@svetius...There's no search bar by the thread anymore - I know you can use the search bar up top and set to thread only, but considering how much of a problem users already have with "search the thread first", this is a huge step backwards...

+ 1,000 👍

Otherwise we will have a never ending stream of "how to search thread" + replies to that + posts telling users to search the fuzzing thread. :oops:

@svetius, @woodman, @the_scotsman, @Oswald Boelcke, @bitpushr & other people focused on usability please make this one of the many top priorities.

I searched the XenForo forum et found those:

[cXF] Search Widget | XenForo community ⭐- Could be customized to Search Thread instead. See attachment.

XF 2.0 - Add search box on sidebar | XenForo community

most reacted post "thread" and it seems an addon could work to get it back.

See also XenForo tips & guides [2.x] > Identifying and using variables in templates

Also no way a user will read all the 95 pages in this thread (so far) to find the most liked posts which may also be the most useful.

Bring back the equivalent of this please! 🙏

Most_Thanked_Search_Thread_XDA_Old.png

Attachments

• xenForo_Search_Sidebar_Widget_curiousrom.png
    xenForo_Search_Sidebar_Widget_curiousrom.png
    173.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire
Bring Back Most Liked Posts & Custom Search Thread Box

+ 1,000 👍

Otherwise we will have a never ending stream of "how to search thread" + replies to that + posts telling users to search the fuzzing thread. :oops:

@svetius, @woodman, @the_scotsman & other people focused on usability please make this one of the many top priorities.

I searched the xenForo forum et found those:

[cXF] Search Widget | XenForo community ⭐- Could be customized to Search Thread instead. See attachment.

XF 2.0 - Add search box on sidebar | XenForo community

most reacted post "thread" and it seems an addon could work to get it back.

See also XenForo tips & guides [2.x] > Identifying and using variables in templates

Also no way a user will read all the 95 pages in this thread (so far) to find the most liked posts which may also be the most useful.

Bring back the equivalent of this please! 🙏

View attachment 5149557
The most liked post was one of my selfies, guess you don't wanna see that, do you?

Last edited:

xanthrax

Retired Senior Moderator - Vampire
Depends..... Are you a Blonde, with long perfect legs, a flawless face, and perfect, ah... headlights?? :love:
mates! there is a guy who just gave me a good idea 👊
the next mod nomination requirements would include details about legs length and ... headlights, cool huh?
-=-=-
damn! wrong chat, again ... :rolleyes: and I can`t delete the post :mad:

Oblias

Sep 3, 2016
mates! there is a guy who just gave me a good idea 👊
the next mod nomination requirements would include details about legs length and ... headlights, cool huh?
-=-=-

Now, before you get too.......... motivated... You do realize that there is a distinct difference between a Blond and a Blonde, right? I did ask for a 'Blonde' not a 'Blond'. Just wanted to sort that out from the start, here... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts