Well... i turned my T mobile variant into a Stock Oneplus 6T

Search This thread

contesauce

Feb 13, 2013
Honolulu
So I finally got fed up with T-Mobile's glacial update schedule and requested my device be unlocked. They finally approved after a few calls and I'm planning on flashing the international ROM. Couple questions though.

Does it require wiping the device upon installation?

Do OTA's still actually download over-the-air or does it have to be manually downloaded and installed?

Thanks all.

If you make the jump favorite these two threads. Mauronofrios for the latest stable TWRP and Dark Nightmares for all things OP6t international rom and beta update related.

https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6t/how-to/guide-flashing-t-mobile-oneplus-6t-to-t3865966/page123

https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6t/de...official-twrp-touch-recovery-t3861482/page165

dhoang

Jun 18, 2008
Orange County, CA
Does anyone running T-Mobile modem on the international rom? I currently running 9.0.11 on my TMO Oneplus but data has been very slow lately. I wanted to try the TMO modem but afraid that I may mess up the phone.

TheKnux

Sep 28, 2011
Akron
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I should have my token tomorrow. I'll wait till we can confirm this with another TMobile 6t. Only reason I say this is because this is the only phone I have. Just want to make sure it's not a one and done and no one else can do it. This makes me really excited though. ???
Used the fastboot conversion method. Think it was 9.0.4 then flashed McLaren fastboot, flashed the full 9.0.10 update via TWRP, now on open beta 2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ****YOU MUST BE UNLOCKED****

I'll try to explain the best way I can on how I did it.

I downloaded the 9.0.4 full zip file

Extracted the 9.0.4 zip

Put my TMobile oneplus in fastboot

Clicked on flash all

*After it finished flashing, the phone booted up but quickly powered down on it's own and it kept doing it.

Inside the 9.0.4 extracted zip you'll see another zip file called "Other_flashall.zip" I then extracted that zip. Put my phone back into fastboot and clicked "flash-all-partitions-fastboot.bat" I let it do it's thing and the phone booted and was ready to go with no signs of any TMobile in the phone

****YOU MUST BE UNLOCKED****
    I, too, just installed the 9.0.5 on my T-Mobile version and everything is working fine so far. Can also confirm the IMEI numbers are the same. I can definitely tell the difference in the fingerprint speed as well, it's quite a bit better.

Files were retrieved from this thread:

https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6t/how-to/rom-stock-fastboot-roms-oneplus-6t-t3862516
    The OP stated he located a "flash all partitions.bat" file which seemed to do the trick on the 9.0.4 build to get him up and running. Does OP release the full OOS images on their site like Google does for the pixels? It should come with the same batch file

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Where did you get the 9.0.5 images from?
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410932744536996577
    This is where I got it from.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Any chance someone can do a complete step by step tutorial in the general section. I need something pretty detailed. Its not that I haven't done this before I just want to be extremely careful. Want to read through it 1 or 50 times before I actually flash it. I'll get my token tomorrow. Just want to make sure I get it down. Its the type of person I am. I like to read everything several times before I attempt.
    If someone doesn't make on by the end of the night I can type one up. I just won't have time until tonight or tomorrow early morning.
    Ok so I fixed the issue. At first I used the flash-all.bat (default one) not the flash-all-partitions.bat (inside others_flashall zip).

Once using the "flash-all-partitions.bat" it fixed the rebooting issue. Ill get some pics shortly!

I am glad to report everything is working 100%... O YA!

Just so everyone knows. The IMEI on the second sim slot is the same as slot 1, so I do not think it will actually work.

AOhLX18.jpg

nEdlblz.jpg