• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

West Point Covid Tracing Galaxy Watch 3 SM-R840

Search This thread

mobleaudio1

Jun 5, 2021
I recently bought a watch 3 from facebook marketplace. The seller said that he simply forgot the pin code. I figured, easy fix, and I have a cheap watch 3. Turns out that it was actually a part of the West Point Covid Tracing program and is locked down, HARD. No recovery option in boot menu, can't change wi-fi, bluetooth or connections settings. Will not allow connecting to a phone. Can't reset through the watch itself.

I've tried to connect it to my computer and use Odin. It will connect to my computer using the boot menu option Download wirelessly, but Odin will not see it. The watch keeps saying start Odin. My Note 20 Ultra connects to Odin just fine. So, it's not a firewall issue.

I even went so far as to contact the West Point email address the watch pointed me too. I got a response from a scientist stating that the program is over, and she doesn't have any additional info, or a way to get passed the restrictions. She also said that he wasn't supposed to sell it. Well, great!

Does anyone have any hints, tips, tricks, info, workarounds? The watch is in damn near mint condition. I can get into the developer menu, it will let me run all of the diagnostics, but nothing to do with resetting. I really want to be able to use this.

Thanks for any and all help.

mobleaudio1

Jun 5, 2021
Are you using NetOdin to conmect to your Watch? It is not the same Odin, which is used to connect to phones (like your Note 20 Ultra).
Uhhhh, NOPE! lol I was trying to use plain ol Odin. Well, THAT might be the issue... Since you responded, and seem to have a grasp (this is ALL new to me), how do I know WHICH firmware version that I need? It's a Galaxy Watch 3 SM-R840. What other info would you need? Thank you for this help, so far!

mobleaudio1

Jun 5, 2021
Are you using NetOdin to conmect to your Watch? It is not the same Odin, which is used to connect to phones (like your Note 20 Ultra).
I was able to use Netodin and flash the watch. It worked for a bit, and then knox came back biting. I've been looking for the workaround for this. Do you know the direction to look?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.