What actually is a kernel?

Search This thread
Solution
I assume you aren't talking about this

images

The Linux kernel, which Android runs on, is essentially the "core" of the operating system. It interfaces with the device hardware and provides a software platform for applications to run on.
Here's something that should help put things in perspective:

que-es-el-kernel-sistema-operativo-android-windows-mac-linux.jpg

"Devices" in this context means camera, display, digitizer (touchscreen), I/O's such as WiFi and Bluetooth, etc.

xXx yYy

Feb 4, 2017
In the world of Android term kernel refers to a modified Linux kernel. The kernel represents the lowest layer of the operating system in that it is responsible for controlling the hardware. Processor clock, memory accesses and other accesses to the hardware are executed by the kernel,

In other words the kernel generally serves as an interface between the hardware and the rest of the operating system with the program control, the Android runtime ("ART" or formerly "Dalvik"). Since the kernel is, among other things, responsible for the timing of hardware accesses, you can achieve significant improvements in terms of performance and battery life by changing the kernel.

In the world of Android term kernel refers to a modified Linux kernel. The kernel represents the lowest layer of the operating system in that it is responsible for controlling the hardware. Processor clock, memory accesses and other accesses to the hardware are executed by the kernel,

In other words the kernel generally serves as an interface between the hardware and the rest of the operating system with the program control, the Android runtime ("ART" or formerly "Dalvik"). Since the kernel is, among other things, responsible for the timing of hardware accesses, you can achieve significant improvements in terms of performance and battery life by changing the kernel.
Thank you so much

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member

images

The Linux kernel, which Android runs on, is essentially the "core" of the operating system. It interfaces with the device hardware and provides a software platform for applications to run on.

"Devices" in this context means camera, display, digitizer (touchscreen), I/O's such as WiFi and Bluetooth, etc.

Reactions: shinku556
Solution

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

images