What applications can be safely removed with Titanium Backup

Search This thread

Razvan

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 25, 2009
forum.xda-developers.com
Samsung Galaxy S10
My friends,

What applications can be safely removed from stock ROM swept to power of Samsung, which are useless and do not in any way affect the smooth running of the program?
A list of these programs, I think it would be useful for those who did root the phone and want to get rid of them, that occupies space and runs backround.

PS: I hope not have such a topic, and if so, please, one of the moderators to delete or move to the appropriate area.

Thanks

LE: I found a topic, I say relevant, but is specific to Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1069924

Update - 05.04.2013 - credits & thanks erpurohit

Background

Whenever we do installation of any rom and then while setting it up again there are numerous of apps which comes by default with each rom and we remove manually them using Titanium backup or any such apps or even if we are too expert then we go in system folder and remove the apks from app using root rights.

e.g. you have remove live wallpapers which comes default with every rom and whenever you do a clean/upgrade the rom they are installed back and you need to remove them again.

Don’t you think it would have been better if those apps auto removed and you don’t have to do anything apart from few settings and rebooting your phone? I know you will say this would be the AWESOME.

So let me provide you all the steps for this and few of them are only needed once and few are require after every rom installation.

You would required Titanium backup (might be pro) as I am sure if these works in basic version or not. It would be great if someone can confirm this.

[Guide] Auto removal for boaltware apps which you don’t use w/o using any script

So here are the steps which you need to do it once (I will mention Titanium Backup as TB):-

1. Open TB and goto Backup/resore and click on “Click to edit filters”

Screenshot_2012_12_02_02_52_05.png

2. At the bottom of the screen click on “Create Label”

Screenshot_2012_12_02_02_52_14.png

3. In the pop up box put any name (I have given Boaltware)
Screenshot_2012_12_02_02_52_22.png

4. then click Save and then get out of that screen by pressing back button

5. Now to add apps in that group, just simply long press on any app.

6. In the pop up message click on Assign Lables and select the name which you give in step 3.
Screenshot_2012_12_02_02_51_16.png

7. Then click Save label assignments

Screenshot_2012_12_02_02_51_23.png

8. Repeat step 5 to 7 for all those app which you want to auto removed

9. Now go in TB preference and look for “Bloatware Melter”

10. Then click it and select the Melt label [the name you selected in step 3]

11. Reboot your phone and leave it for 10 mins and all your app which you selected will be auto removed.

Congratulation you are done with the steps which you only needs to do once.

Now coming to those steps which you need to do after installting any rom and to remove those apps which you have just selected.

1. Enable the USB debugging mode

2. Install TB

3. Open it and grant the root access

4. close TB

5. Reboot your phone and leave it for around 10 mins

6. Your all the apps will be removed

p.s. – Those labels configuration are stored in your sd-card so even you do a full wipe then also the TB auto recovers those from your sdcard[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• Removed_files_JB.pdf
    11.9 KB · Views: 2,152
Last edited:

chrischa

Mar 13, 2011
i think nearly all apps starting with Samsung/Kies :D

• AllShare Service
  • Kies via WLAN
  • Samsung Apps
  • Samsung Backup
  • Samsung Backup Provider
  • Samsung Browser SyncAdapter
  • Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter
  • Samsung Cloud Data Relay
  • Samsung Contact SyncAdapter
  • Samsung Push Service
  • Sammsung Syncadapters
  • Samsung Konto
  • SamsungAppsUNA2
  • Software-Update 2x

Shaaan

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 6, 2011
Mumbai
i think nearly all apps starting with Samsung/Kies :D

• AllShare Service
  • Kies via WLAN
  • Samsung Apps
  • Samsung Backup
  • Samsung Backup Provider
  • Samsung Browser SyncAdapter
  • Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter
  • Samsung Cloud Data Relay
  • Samsung Contact SyncAdapter
  • Samsung Push Service
  • Sammsung Syncadapters
  • Samsung Konto
  • SamsungAppsUNA2
  • Software-Update 2x

Not all of these. Some of these are important!

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Not all of these. Some of these are important!

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda premium

Hm, I think I deleted all that before (and some more). And I do not have problem. :D:angel: Those backups are not connected to gmail account.

I do not know about that Software-Update 2x.
But on custom ROM and custom kernel you sure want to delete FOTA update. :) Or any other update from Samsung.

RealBorg

Dec 27, 2012
Vienna
www.hostmaster.org
I removed the following list from my system.img with no ill effects:

AccuweatherWidget.apk AccuweatherWidget_Main.apk AccuweatherWidget_Main.odex AccuweatherWidget.odex AllshareMediaServer.apk AllshareMediaServer.odex AllshareService.apk AllshareService.odex AnalogClockSimple.apk AnalogClockSimple.odex AnalogClockUnique.apk AnalogClockUnique.odex ChatON_MARKET.apk DigitalClock.apk DigitalClock.odex DualClockAnalog.apk DualClockAnalog.odex DualClockDigital.apk DualClockDigital.odex FmRadio.apk FmRadio.odex FotaClient.apk FotaClient.odex GoogleSearchWidget.apk GoogleSearchWidget.odex Kies.apk Kies.odex kieswifi.apk kieswifi.odex MediaUploader.apk Microbes.apk Microbes.odex MobileTrackerEngineTwo.apk MobileTrackerEngineTwo.odex MusicFX.apk MusicFX.odex MusicPlayer.apk MusicPlayer.odex PanningTryActually.apk PanningTryActually.odex PickUpTutorial.apk PickUpTutorial.odex PlusOne.apk PolarisViewer.apk SamsungApps.apk SamsungAppsUNA3.apk Samsungservice.apk SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor.apk SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor.odex sCloudBackupApp.apk sCloudBackupProvider.apk sCloudDataRelay.apk sCloudDataSync.apk sCloudSyncBrowser.apk sCloudSyncCalendar.apk sCloudSyncContacts.apk SecCalculator2.apk SecCalculator2.odex SecDownloadProviderUi.apk SecDownloadProviderUi.odex SecEmail.apk SecEmail.odex SecExchange.apk SecExchange.odex SecFileShareClient.apk SecFileShareClient.odex SecFileShareServer.apk SecFileShareServer.odex SecHTMLViewer.apk SecHTMLViewer.odex SecMiniDiary_WVGA.apk SecNoteMyFiles.apk SecNoteMyFiles.odex SNS.apk SPPPushClient_Prod.apk Street.apk Swype.apk SyncmlDM.apk Talk.apk talkback.apk VoiceSearchStub.apk voice_talk_U1.apk YahoonewsWidget.apk YahoonewsWidget.odex YahoostockWidget.apk YahoostockWidget.odex

Tom

Closed Force

Feb 8, 2013
apps that i uninstall with titanium

Code:
[SIZE="1"]AllShare Service
Automation Test
BluetoothTest
ChatON
Clock (funky)
Dual Clock (analog)
Dual Clock (digital)
Enterprise SysScope Service
Enterprise VPN Services
EnterprisePermissions
Google Text to speech Engine
Kies via Wi-Fi
Memo
Memo
Microbes
Mini Diary
Mobile print
Picasa Uploader
Remote controls v1_1210
Remote controls v1_1211
Samsung account
Samsung Apps
Samsung Backup
Samsung Backup Provider
Samsung Browser SyncAdapter
Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter
Samsung Cloud Data Relay
Samsung Contact SyncAdapter
Samsung Push Service
Samsung SetupWizard
Samsung Syncadapters
Samsung TTS
SamsungAppsUNA2
Self Test Mode
SNS *i'm not using fb or twitter apps...
Software update v5_1211_3_1
Software update v2.2.9
Swype
TalkBack
TestService
Try panning
Voice command
VpnDialogs
Weather Widget
Weather Widget Main
WlanTest
Yahoo! Finance
Yahoo! News
[/SIZE]

dungeonshard

Nov 13, 2012
265654231231564 Ultra Bytes. :angel::angel::angel:

P.S. Now seriosly, how could we know exacly. You can try and see how that reacts on your phone. And before that do a backup with TWRP if you are on GB, or CWM if you are on JB.

Lol shut down. I frozen software update, talk app, active app widget.... Delete samsung app, samsung push service,chaton,...etc:D

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My friends,

What applications can be safely removed from stock ROM swept to power of Samsung, which are useless and do not in any way affect the smooth running of the program?
    A list of these programs, I think it would be useful for those who did root the phone and want to get rid of them, that occupies space and runs backround.

PS: I hope not have such a topic, and if so, please, one of the moderators to delete or move to the appropriate area.

Thanks

LE: I found a topic, I say relevant, but is specific to Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
    Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1069924

Update - 05.04.2013 - credits & thanks erpurohit

Background

Whenever we do installation of any rom and then while setting it up again there are numerous of apps which comes by default with each rom and we remove manually them using Titanium backup or any such apps or even if we are too expert then we go in system folder and remove the apks from app using root rights.

e.g. you have remove live wallpapers which comes default with every rom and whenever you do a clean/upgrade the rom they are installed back and you need to remove them again.

Don’t you think it would have been better if those apps auto removed and you don’t have to do anything apart from few settings and rebooting your phone? I know you will say this would be the AWESOME.

So let me provide you all the steps for this and few of them are only needed once and few are require after every rom installation.

You would required Titanium backup (might be pro) as I am sure if these works in basic version or not. It would be great if someone can confirm this.

[Guide] Auto removal for boaltware apps which you don’t use w/o using any script

So here are the steps which you need to do it once (I will mention Titanium Backup as TB):-

1. Open TB and goto Backup/resore and click on “Click to edit filters”

Screenshot_2012_12_02_02_52_05.png

2. At the bottom of the screen click on “Create Label”

Screenshot_2012_12_02_02_52_14.png

3. In the pop up box put any name (I have given Boaltware)
    Screenshot_2012_12_02_02_52_22.png

4. then click Save and then get out of that screen by pressing back button

5. Now to add apps in that group, just simply long press on any app.

6. In the pop up message click on Assign Lables and select the name which you give in step 3.
    Screenshot_2012_12_02_02_51_16.png

7. Then click Save label assignments

Screenshot_2012_12_02_02_51_23.png

8. Repeat step 5 to 7 for all those app which you want to auto removed

9. Now go in TB preference and look for “Bloatware Melter”

10. Then click it and select the Melt label [the name you selected in step 3]

11. Reboot your phone and leave it for 10 mins and all your app which you selected will be auto removed.

Congratulation you are done with the steps which you only needs to do once.

Now coming to those steps which you need to do after installting any rom and to remove those apps which you have just selected.

1. Enable the USB debugging mode

2. Install TB

3. Open it and grant the root access

4. close TB

5. Reboot your phone and leave it for around 10 mins

6. Your all the apps will be removed

p.s. – Those labels configuration are stored in your sd-card so even you do a full wipe then also the TB auto recovers those from your sdcard[/QUOTE]

apps that i uninstall with titanium

Code:
    [SIZE="1"]AllShare Service
    Automation Test
    BluetoothTest
    ChatON
    Clock (funky)
    Dual Clock (analog)
    Dual Clock (digital)
    Enterprise SysScope Service
    Enterprise VPN Services
    EnterprisePermissions
    Google Text to speech Engine
    Kies via Wi-Fi
    Memo
    Memo
    Microbes
    Mini Diary
    Mobile print
    Picasa Uploader
    Remote controls v1_1210
    Remote controls v1_1211
    Samsung account
    Samsung Apps
    Samsung Backup
    Samsung Backup Provider
    Samsung Browser SyncAdapter
    Samsung Calendar SyncAdapter
    Samsung Cloud Data Relay
    Samsung Contact SyncAdapter
    Samsung Push Service
    Samsung SetupWizard
    Samsung Syncadapters
    Samsung TTS
    SamsungAppsUNA2
    Self Test Mode
    SNS *i'm not using fb or twitter apps...
    Software update v5_1211_3_1
    Software update v2.2.9
    Swype
    TalkBack
    TestService
    Try panning
    Voice command
    VpnDialogs
    Weather Widget
    Weather Widget Main
    WlanTest
    Yahoo! Finance
    Yahoo! News
    [/SIZE]
    I removed the following list from my system.img with no ill effects:

AccuweatherWidget.apk AccuweatherWidget_Main.apk AccuweatherWidget_Main.odex AccuweatherWidget.odex AllshareMediaServer.apk AllshareMediaServer.odex AllshareService.apk AllshareService.odex AnalogClockSimple.apk AnalogClockSimple.odex AnalogClockUnique.apk AnalogClockUnique.odex ChatON_MARKET.apk DigitalClock.apk DigitalClock.odex DualClockAnalog.apk DualClockAnalog.odex DualClockDigital.apk DualClockDigital.odex FmRadio.apk FmRadio.odex FotaClient.apk FotaClient.odex GoogleSearchWidget.apk GoogleSearchWidget.odex Kies.apk Kies.odex kieswifi.apk kieswifi.odex MediaUploader.apk Microbes.apk Microbes.odex MobileTrackerEngineTwo.apk MobileTrackerEngineTwo.odex MusicFX.apk MusicFX.odex MusicPlayer.apk MusicPlayer.odex PanningTryActually.apk PanningTryActually.odex PickUpTutorial.apk PickUpTutorial.odex PlusOne.apk PolarisViewer.apk SamsungApps.apk SamsungAppsUNA3.apk Samsungservice.apk SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor.apk SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor.odex sCloudBackupApp.apk sCloudBackupProvider.apk sCloudDataRelay.apk sCloudDataSync.apk sCloudSyncBrowser.apk sCloudSyncCalendar.apk sCloudSyncContacts.apk SecCalculator2.apk SecCalculator2.odex SecDownloadProviderUi.apk SecDownloadProviderUi.odex SecEmail.apk SecEmail.odex SecExchange.apk SecExchange.odex SecFileShareClient.apk SecFileShareClient.odex SecFileShareServer.apk SecFileShareServer.odex SecHTMLViewer.apk SecHTMLViewer.odex SecMiniDiary_WVGA.apk SecNoteMyFiles.apk SecNoteMyFiles.odex SNS.apk SPPPushClient_Prod.apk Street.apk Swype.apk SyncmlDM.apk Talk.apk talkback.apk VoiceSearchStub.apk voice_talk_U1.apk YahoonewsWidget.apk YahoonewsWidget.odex YahoostockWidget.apk YahoostockWidget.odex

Tom
    How much?

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app

265654231231564 Ultra Bytes. :angel::angel::angel:

P.S. Now seriosly, how could we know exacly. You can try and see how that reacts on your phone. And before that do a backup with TWRP if you are on GB, or CWM if you are on JB.
    Lol shut down. I frozen software update, talk app, active app widget.... Delete samsung app, samsung push service,chaton,...etc:D

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

Google maps consumes good amount of RAM, if you do not use it - consider removing it. :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone