• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question What apps to install when receive the Poco F3 and how to remove the bloatware?

Search This thread
Hi all,

What application to install when just received the Poco F3 ?? and how to remove the bloatware ??
o_Oo_O
The easiest way to remove bloatware is to unlock the bootloader using mi unlock and then flashing a custom ROM. I suspect there will be popular ROMs built for this device but you can always start with GSIs by phusson

ephestione

Mar 23, 2008
Rome
www.ephestione.it
I suspect there will be popular ROMs built for this device but you can always start with GSIs by phusson
I understand GSI's by phusson are a barebone software system that approximately covers big hardware families, and in such a way they cannot be really used as a daily system, but rather as a way to build upon it with support for specific devices?
I also understand there is no TWRP currently released for POCO F3, so there is also no way to flash even a GSI?
I have been out of the compulsive ROM flashing scene for a long while, but I just ordered a F3 off Amazon which is incoming in about a month, yet I do expect there will be plenty of resources by then, as it sounds like many people will be owning one in a while.

Reactions: Robert314

Jason_Lim

Jun 9, 2020
hmm, in the xiaomi ADB, it dint show whether the google play music, hang out, play movies, mi browser or mi video, or cleaner able to uninstall ? Are these app safe to uninstall ??

Jason_Lim

Jun 9, 2020
ahhh gotcha, I think around in 1 month , with this Poco F3, will have the guide to uninstall poco F3 ?? ( As I still haven receive my phone yet)

By the way does Blokada able to block facebook, google from tracking me and showing me ads ? Like for example, I searched poco f3 case in amzaon and poco f3 tempered glass on google, then after that whenever I open any browser or application, All the ads will be on poco f3 ( which is what i searched the most recent).

Does Blokada block applications from showing me ads and tracking me what i searched ?

Kom_zo

Mar 27, 2021
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi Poco F3
ahhh gotcha, I think around in 1 month , with this Poco F3, will have the guide to uninstall poco F3 ?? ( As I still haven receive my phone yet)

By the way does Blokada able to block facebook, google from tracking me and showing me ads ? Like for example, I searched poco f3 case in amzaon and poco f3 tempered glass on google, then after that whenever I open any browser or application, All the ads will be on poco f3 ( which is what i searched the most recent).

Does Blokada block applications from showing me ads and tracking me what i searched ?

1617623741080.png

You are getting personalized ads from cookies. If you don't want cookies, just use an incognito tab in your browser.

Jason_Lim

Jun 9, 2020
View attachment 5270349

You are getting personalized ads from cookies. If you don't want cookies, just use an incognito tab in your browser.
hmm, if it is from apps ? let's say Aliexpress or Amazon, when I searched poco F3, then when I browser google or firefox or any other applications on my phone, I will get ads on the poco F3 ( which i was researching in Apliexpress or Amazon) ?.

ephestione

Mar 23, 2008
Rome
www.ephestione.it
Just received it, more than 2 weeks in advance, and... STILL harassing users with the one week delay to unlock bootloader?!
My last time has been a couple of years back, and I honestly thought that Xiaomi had stopped with this idiocy already!

Nagasaky2x

Jul 9, 2012
Xiaomi Poco F3
It's in spanish, but I used this guide to remove the bloatware:

I took out the ones they say and some more:
  • MSA (la app que envía publicidad en los móviles de Xiaomi)
  • Cleaner
  • Mi Cloud
  • Mi Browser
  • GetApps
  • Analytics
  • Joyose
  • Feedback

Reactions: MuhammadZeeshan7

nicky69100

Jul 26, 2017
LYON
juste use this tool from xda, no need to root or unlock, just plug on a pc with usb

CedricBo

Aug 30, 2016
Hi,
I removed most of the unused applications as I did on my others xiaomi phones, but I observed that my buttons are not more circular but rectangle. II look like 90's buttons :) I did not remove any theme or other graphical stuff. Any idea, to get back my circular button?

Thx,

beggisch

May 11, 2016
Hi,
I removed most of the unused applications as I did on my others xiaomi phones, but I observed that my buttons are not more circular but rectangle. II look like 90's buttons :) I did not remove any theme or other graphical stuff. Any idea, to get back my circular button?

Thx,
pretty sure this happens when u disable miui optimizations

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

What application to install when just received the Poco F3 ?? and how to remove the bloatware ??
    o_Oo_O
    I suspect there will be popular ROMs built for this device but you can always start with GSIs by phusson
    I understand GSI's by phusson are a barebone software system that approximately covers big hardware families, and in such a way they cannot be really used as a daily system, but rather as a way to build upon it with support for specific devices?
    I also understand there is no TWRP currently released for POCO F3, so there is also no way to flash even a GSI?
    I have been out of the compulsive ROM flashing scene for a long while, but I just ordered a F3 off Amazon which is incoming in about a month, yet I do expect there will be plenty of resources by then, as it sounds like many people will be owning one in a while.
    First thing I did was remove all the bloatware with the Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools. Then I installed Youtube Vanced and Blokada. Now I'll wait for TWRP and custom ROMs to be released.
    It's in spanish, but I used this guide to remove the bloatware:

I took out the ones they say and some more:
    • MSA (la app que envía publicidad en los móviles de Xiaomi)
    • Cleaner
    • Mi Cloud
    • Mi Browser
    • GetApps
    • Analytics
    • Joyose
    • Feedback