• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Accessories What are the best 256GB MicroSD cards for Poco X3 Pro?

Search This thread

vicl89

Go for Sandisk Extreme, I guess is a good choice. And yes, all android phones with API level 28 (android 9) supposed to support it. I have this one in my phone, is not A2 but I love it.

D_NQ_NP_2X_844920-MLA43503842923_092020-F.webp

Reactions: i_sagnik

borisku

Sandisk has a long guarantee, with the extreme micro sds i guess 10 years. And yes, i had a defect micro sd from sandisk (could not be written on it nor delete files. I had to send them an individual card number (very small with laser written?? and a piccture of the destroyed card (murdered it with sissors) and i got a new one. Very good service. i think the extreme variant ist the fastest. If you consider the long guarantee, i think the higher price will result in higher profit

Reactions: i_sagnik

i_sagnik

Sep 3, 2021
West Bengal
Sandisk has a long guarantee, with the extreme micro sds i guess 10 years. And yes, i had a defect micro sd from sandisk (could not be written on it nor delete files. I had to send them an individual card number (very small with laser written?? and a piccture of the destroyed card (murdered it with sissors) and i got a new one. Very good service. i think the extreme variant ist the fastest. If you consider the long guarantee, i think the higher price will result in higher profit
The SanDisk Ultra offers 10years and Extreme has got lifetime warranty!

Haldi4803

Oct 14, 2010
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
Xperia XZ2
Jup. SanDisk do have some pretty nice warrant. I've also replaced 2 broken cards. 128gb and 64gb back in the days.
They actually shipped back 2 different packages... They were huge for such a small card ^^
But Samsung isn't bad either.

Speed mostly isn't limited by the Card but by the reader of the smartphone or the software.
A1 SD card bench. Read 41 Write 17
IMG_20211208_105724.jpg

SD card Test:
Write: 17
Screenshot_2021-12-08-11-12-33-340_com.pzolee.sdcardtester.jpg

Read 66
Screenshot_2021-12-08-11-12-59-969_com.pzolee.sdcardtester.jpg

i_sagnik

Sep 3, 2021
West Bengal
Jup. SanDisk do have some pretty nice warrant. I've also replaced 2 broken cards. 128gb and 64gb back in the days.
They actually shipped back 2 different packages... They were huge for such a small card ^^

Speed mostly isn't limited by the Card but by the reader of the smartphone or the software.
View attachment 5477495
SD card Test:
View attachment 5477497

Read 66
View attachment 5477499
Man I greatly appreciate your detailed approach to various topics! Thanks for your benchmarks!

i_sagnik

Sep 3, 2021
West Bengal
--Extension to my previous reply-- My SanDisk Extreme 256GB arrived yesterday and I'm gonna test today! The best thing is that they have Lifetime Warranty!

Reactions: borisku

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
SD card Test:
Read 66
Thanks for the info. Did also test the speed in crDroid 7.12 (A11) on Poco X3 Pro 8/256 GB with the same App.
Internal Memory:
487 MB/S Write 1348 MB/s Read
Removable SD (in my case SanDisk Ultra 256 GB Class10 U1) exfat:
30 MB/S Write 74 MB/s Read

AIIIOT

Jan 28, 2015
I measured the speed on the version with a 732 processor (the card readers in the devices are the same). I could not get more than 90/50 megabytes for reading / writing from a sandisk extreme card. I came to the conclusion that installing cards on this platform better than the mass Ultra Sandisk or Samsung Evo is a waste of money.

Screenshot_20211210-004135_Cross Platform Disk Test.png

Last edited:

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
I measured the speed on the version with a 732 processor (the card readers in the devices are the same). I could not get more than 90/50 megabytes for reading / writing from a sandisk extreme card. I came to the conclusion that installing cards on this platform better than the mass Ultra Sandisk or Samsung Evo is a waste of money.
Indeed happy with the speed of Internal Memory and with the 8/256 GB version there is a lot.
I think UFS 3.1 256 GB in this price class is top value (paired with good CPU).
SD should be used as backup drive and for storage of files not opened often, like Music, Movies, etc.

AIIIOT

Jan 28, 2015
Indeed happy with the speed of Internal Memory and with the 8/256 GB version there is a lot.
SD should be used as backup drive and for storage of files not opened often, like Music, Movies, etc.

You're telling the truth. But, I answered the question about the memory card. There is no point in wasting money on the expensive one. The device is not the fastest card reader.

@AIIIOT what app is that?
Looks pretty useful.

Its Cross Platform Disk Test by Maxim Saplin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

IMG_20211208_105724.jpg

SD card Test:
    Screenshot_2021-12-08-11-12-33-340_com.pzolee.sdcardtester.jpg

Read 66
    Screenshot_2021-12-08-11-12-59-969_com.pzolee.sdcardtester.jpg

You're telling the truth. But, I answered the question about the memory card. There is no point in wasting money on the expensive one. The device is not the fastest card reader.

@AIIIOT what app is that?
    Looks pretty useful.

Its Cross Platform Disk Test by Maxim Saplin

Go for Sandisk Extreme, I guess is a good choice. And yes, all android phones with API level 28 (android 9) supposed to support it. I have this one in my phone, is not A2 but I love it.

D_NQ_NP_2X_844920-MLA43503842923_092020-F.webp
    You are pefectly right... What could be better than a lifelong guarantee??