Question What are the differences between various snap models?

Search This thread

Tx8821

Aug 10, 2022
Hi!

I live in Eastern Europe and currently I have a choice to buy Exinos version (S908B) or the snap version designated for the Asia/Africa region (S908E/DS). As I understand differences this year are relatively minor, and single digit performance diff is not an issue per se for me. But camera is the main reason I'm buying this phone, and I don't want to make a mistake.

So I'm leaning towards the snapdragon version. But it is not a version sold in US (S908U) that are covered in most Youtube reviews, but the version for Asia/Africa (S908E). I wasn't able to find online much info about the differences between the two, so I'm a bit concerned.

Could you please help me with these 2 questions:

1. What are the exact differences between different snap versions, specifically S908U vs S908E (or S908E/DS which just adds dual sim afaik)? Especially in the camera department, can I assume they will have identical quality?

2. Now after several months after the release, what are the differences between Exinos vs Snapdragon specifically in camera quality (both photos & videos)? Do you still recommend snap for ultimate image/video quality, or is it now mostly a tossup?

Lyle Dylandy

Aug 4, 2011
Port Louis
I have the S908E/DS. The phone works great, battery life and camera are ok.

Pre installed apps are from Google and Microsoft and Netflix. No Facebook (that's a plus for me)

Rapier

Recognized Contributor
Could anybody please help? :|
I have the Exynos and to be honest I couldn't tell a difference. And reviews are splited, in some areas Snap is better in others Exy is better but the differences are marginal. Both are great and you are the only one that can decide if a slight better camera (and I mean very slight) worth the hussle and the lack of warranty from your local official Samsung service network because this is what you'll get.

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Hi!

I live in Eastern Europe and currently I have a choice to buy Exinos version (S908B) or the snap version designated for the Asia/Africa region (S908E/DS). As I understand differences this year are relatively minor, and single digit performance diff is not an issue per se for me. But camera is the main reason I'm buying this phone, and I don't want to make a mistake.

So I'm leaning towards the snapdragon version. But it is not a version sold in US (S908U) that are covered in most Youtube reviews, but the version for Asia/Africa (S908E). I wasn't able to find online much info about the differences between the two, so I'm a bit concerned.

Could you please help me with these 2 questions:

1. What are the exact differences between different snap versions, specifically S908U vs S908E (or S908E/DS which just adds dual sim afaik)? Especially in the camera department, can I assume they will have identical quality?

2. Now after several months after the release, what are the differences between Exinos vs Snapdragon specifically in camera quality (both photos & videos)? Do you still recommend snap for ultimate image/video quality, or is it now mostly a tossup?
With all the problems reported by users with the Exynos it's an easy decision, aquire the Snapdragon device. Better yet wait for the S23, all models will have the Snapdragon SoC.