• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

What are these strange numbers.

Search This thread
Sep 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Galaxy s21 and my security seems to be an issue. What is this phone number doing here and why would it be toggled on to receive my messages. Thanks again everyone I hope I'm just being paranoid.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210913-191358_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210913-191358_Settings.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20210913-221234_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210913-221234_Settings.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 39

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Galaxy s21 and my security seems to be an issue. What is this phone number doing here and why would it be toggled on to receive my messages. Thanks again everyone I hope I'm just being paranoid.
How do you expect anyone here to know what that number is? Why is it toggled to receive your messages? We don't know, you are the one that uses the device.

You are asking questions that we don't have any clue how to answer.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Moto X4
It looks like you have received a text from that number.
Your SMS app allows you to mute notifications from that number.

Sep 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21+
How do you expect anyone here to know what that number is? Why is it toggled to receive your messages? We don't know, you are the one that uses the device.

You are asking questions that we don't have any clue how to answer.
Oh I don't know, maybe someone has seen this type of attack before. Maybe someone does know how a phone number can even get attached in the manner it did. One thing I'm confident in is if anyone has any positive thoughts on the matter it would be a great help. Certainly though I can see this has upset you in a way that was not my intent. My thought was perhaps others who own an s21 are seeing the same thing or perhaps they are not. Lastly, your right, it is my device. A device that I didn't put the number on there and I have no idea how to remove that switch or input or whatever it's called. However, I do apologize for triggering your anger and will try to keep that in mind for future post. Thanks again and be safe.

Sep 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21+
It looks like you have received a text from that number.
Your SMS app allows you to mute notifications from that number.
Ya it's just odd given the issues I've had in the past. Why that number of all the numbers and contacts that I have this number that I've never seen before and is nowhere else on my phone is somehow attached itself to my phone. It won't let me remove it and it appears that if toggled on that number would receive notifications of my messages.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Oh I don't know, maybe someone has seen this type of attack before. Maybe someone does know how a phone number can even get attached in the manner it did. One thing I'm confident in is if anyone has any positive thoughts on the matter it would be a great help. Certainly though I can see this has upset you in a way that was not my intent. My thought was perhaps others who own an s21 are seeing the same thing or perhaps they are not. Lastly, your right, it is my device. A device that I didn't put the number on there and I have no idea how to remove that switch or input or whatever it's called. However, I do apologize for triggering your anger and will try to keep that in mind for future post. Thanks again and be safe.
Who's upset? I'm just saying that we have no way of knowing what the number is or where it came from. Yes, someone may be able to explain "how" the number got put there, but, ultimately it got there through someone using the device(whether you or someone else) and that someone somehow allowed it or granted something access somewhere(whether they were aware of it or not) because android doesn't just allow anything to randomly apply itself to an android device without being granted access or given permissions. It is from some app that you installed, an email that you opened, a message you answered, some kind of multimedia content that you opened or something like that. Android doesn't allow things that were not expressly allowed by the user, whether knowingly or unknowingly. Hence my reply about you being the one that uses the device. Review your usage and trace your steps back to whatever may have been the thing that you allowed or clicked on unknowingly.

Sep 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Who's upset? I'm just saying that we have no way of knowing what the number is or where it came from. Yes, someone may be able to explain "how" the number got put there, but, ultimately it got there through someone using the device(whether you or someone else) and that someone somehow allowed it or granted something access somewhere(whether they were aware of it or not) because android doesn't just allow anything to randomly apply itself to an android device without being granted access or given permissions. It is from some app that you installed, an email that you opened, a message you answered, some kind of multimedia content that you opened or something like that. Android doesn't allow things that were not expressly allowed by the user, whether knowingly or unknowingly. Hence my reply about you being the one that uses the device. Review your usage and trace your steps back to whatever may have been the thing that you allowed or clicked on unknowingly.
Well I believe it migrated over after rest and I restored my messages. The solution was to clear the cache and data of my messages app. The input is no longer there visibly at least. I will continue to battle those who wish to usurp my authority and permissions that encoded in my device. Thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    that number is samsung's account verification number according to true caller id as to how it got there no idea..