What are you going to take after the 4X HD ?

Search This thread

TheSkyline35

Jan 8, 2014
Paris
I got my LG G3 yesterday, so cool, smooth and fast.

But I can't use it more than 2 years without recharging !

26 hours on batterie, 2h30 screen on, 45% left :D

samjeba

Dec 9, 2011
LG 4X Go on

I got oneplus one, but Still would be using LG 4x along side to see Android 5.0 on it.

PenguinStyle

Jul 22, 2013
I'm going to buy a G3 before new year :). I'm so excited about getting it. It was a good 20 months with my 4X. The performance is still good with 4.4.4 but the battery life is awful.

mario.gacv

Apr 21, 2012
Well I bought a S5 2 months ago. I must say I'm really Happy with the battery life, as it can survive more than a day of heavy use, and the 16mpx camera, it's just amazing I wouldn't go back in specs.
Sadly, I can't install CM12 because it would void my warranty :( (KNOX is the culprit) and I also hate the front camera, its very noisy.
Beside those 2 things I'm really happy, the S5 is fast if you root it and remove all the bloatware.

TheSkyline35

Jan 8, 2014
Paris
My G3 autonomy is not as good as I expected. It's hard to reach 4h30 screen on with stock rom, but I'm a heavily user so it's probably my fault !

However the phone is superior in any way, and the screen is... Amazing

And official 5.0 coming in the lg G3 so waiting for :rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

caesar170988

Aug 17, 2013
My G3 autonomy is not as good as I expected. It's hard to reach 4h30 screen on with stock rom, but I'm a heavily user so it's probably my fault !

However the phone is superior in any way, and the screen is... Amazing

And official 5.0 coming in the lg G3 so waiting for :rolleyes:

i got the 32gb g3 . the phone is nice but i also complain about battery life . im on chuppachups rom 5.0 . maybe its better now .

AdiSimpson

Nov 14, 2012
Freiburg/Germany
First i was thinking over getting the g3 too. 8h screentime now on z3, i think it was a good choice. But there in still no root with locked bootloader.

TheSkyline35

Jan 8, 2014
Paris
First i was thinking over getting the g3 too. 8h screentime now on z3, i think it was a good choice. But there in still no root with locked bootloader.

Impressive screen time ! Z3 is a good choice but really more expensive than the G3 so...the battle is already dead :eek:

Aug 18, 2014
Bogotá
Hi people

We are at the end of 2014, the LG 4X HD have more than 2 years of life.

I liked it, but now the phone is laggy, autonomy sucks (need a 4800mah and finish at 40% my days on CM11), my screen have strange little white points..ect
It was a good companion, but it's time...TO CHANGE !

And i suppose i'm not the only one here who will do this (or have done this).
So, what are you going to buy (or already bought) for replace your 4X HD ?

I think i gonna buy the LG G3, because i like big screen, good perf, LG functionalities. He haves a "good" autonomi, nice camera, cool screen and cost less than 380€ (good deal :good: )
Or maybe a Huawei Honor 6, cheaper, smaller but good too.

And you ?

I've been thinkin of getting the HTC One M8 after my P880, or maybe a Motorola one, Moto X 2014 could be. I like LG Phones, but the software support is quite poor, you have to wait too long for an update, there are a lot of developers making custom ROMs for LG, though, but I sill wanna try other brands.

TheSkyline35

Jan 8, 2014
Paris
I've been thinkin of getting the HTC One M8 after my P880, or maybe a Motorola one, Moto X 2014 could be. I like LG Phones, but the software support is quite poor, you have to wait too long for an update, there are a lot of developers making custom ROMs for LG, though, but I sill wanna try other brands.

The software support of the P880 was extremely poor yep...

But LG looks different, I'm actually using Android 5.0 official in my G3, so they are fast and look serious.

xperia u20i

Jan 3, 2011
Zagreb
Samsung Galaxy S21
Back to stock, go to service to clean dust under digitizer if warranty cover that , sold for very reasonable price and take something from Sony most probably, i'm limited with finance so who knows.
That phone literally always fail me when i need him most. So much different problems on same phone is just to much. There is 1000 problems with that phone.
Congratulations to our devs for great work and endless effort.
Don't know if I will endure another month with that piece of crappy hardware.

SmallDesires

Dec 9, 2014
Anything but an LG really. Really the only thing that makes it remotely usable right now is the fact I flashed cm11 on it.

Heard good stuff about the moto X 2014, so if I'd had the funds for a new phone, that would probably be it.

anGel_pLayer

Jul 11, 2012
Dumaguete
The only phone under my radar right now is the Z3 Compact. But reports of screens cracking on it's own is scaring me. Maybe Z4 compact, if they have one.... I don't want to get to a 5" phone...

LGaljo

Back to stock, go to service to clean dust under digitizer if warranty cover that , sold for very reasonable price and take something from Sony most probably, i'm limited with finance so who knows.
That phone literally always fail me when i need him most. So much different problems on same phone is just to much. There is 1000 problems with that phone.
Congratulations to our devs for great work and endless effort.
Don't know if I will endure another month with that piece of crappy hardware.

Like that?: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mx6k76p11yslbt2/Slika1.jpg?dl=0

In march next year I'm going to buy Nexus 5 (if they are gonna still sell it). It's around 250€ on contract

xperia u20i

Jan 3, 2011
Zagreb
Samsung Galaxy S21

Sipi1302

It seems, very simple, because housing of our beloved 4x HD is not very good sealed so dust simple just find the way. I have same problem with mine from day 1 with dust so I have to disassembly phone and clean that dust between digitizer and screen more then one time.

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, every now and then i click through new phones, i very much like the honor 6, i love the Z3 compact for its water resistance (who wouldnt want to take a shower while keep listening to his favorite audio book?), but i always end up thinking "why would i need a new phone? the lg 4x hd is still good, it has 720p, it has a quad core with 1,5GHz, and i dont really need more atm. phones like that still cost 200+ €, and i dont want to spend 300€ or more for a marginal performance boost."
    :rolleyes:
    after all, its still only a phone. its not my friend, its not a PC, its no house, and it will never be. ;)
    99% of the time i use it for communication, email and whatsapp that is, and it can do this as good as every hi-end phone.
    at work i have a full fledged PC, at home i watch TV on a smart TV with amazon prime / maxxdome, i play on my PC, not on the phone, so theres really little useful space left for a 500€ high end phone.
    its a toy, you want to have it, because you are used to wanting it, but thats because you got drilled to feel this way your whole life. :silly:
    i will wait until this phone design gets more useful.
    i can imagine a phone with an included beamer for displaying, with a laser keyboard for typing, i want REAL mobile flatrates, but until then i just dont need a "new" device with about the same specs for another some-hundred Euros. I bought a new Battery for 7€ at amazon for the p880, and that was enough for me.
    :cool:
    So: I will wait until my phone breaks or some of the ideas i mentioned above will find their way into new products, but for now im fine with our good old p880.
    Welp, I buckled down and ordered Oneplus One with my friend from Germany, and it was delivered to him today. I'll be switching to Oneplus One once he's back in Bosnia, in a week or two.

I'll keep monitoring our phone subforum untill I recieve it, and hopefully even after that. @Demetris , @laufersteppenwolf, @Adam77Root - Thanks a bunch for everything you've done for our device. @iodak , hvala i tebi brate.

Thanks go out as well to @Rudjgaard, @ectoplasma22, @alfsamsung, kholk, and everyone else who contributed to making our device better. If I missed anyone, and I surely have, I apologise.

Take care everyone.
    Qcom Bro...... N910F international version. After 2 Days 8 Hours of screen on time with 7% still left is far better from any other device I guess. If I root it ( which I am not going to) I can achieve upto 10 hours easily with disabling bolt ware from Samsung. It's simply amazing to have this sort of device.

Looks really great! I'm gonna get S5 G900F Qcom version this week.
    I'll wait for q1 2015 to change device probably, if the phone survives till then since I cracked the screen few weeks ago. Gonna pick up snapdragon 810 device, possibly z4
    Got an invite to the Oneplus One. Fairly cheap and fast hardware is what I like :D.
    Before I switch to it though I'm (hopefully) gonna test Android 5.0 on the P880 first.

Loved this phone, got it for around 130 US $. Gets pretty hot sometimes but it still runs everything just fine with Zaiben RC17 rom.