What are you running on your nexus 5?

Search This thread

matts290

May 31, 2011
Stock & stock. Nothing beats its smoothness. Xposed is all I need.

Sent from my Nexus 5 with a little bit of help from Fleksy

Word! Haven't had my nexus for very long but this is my favorite setup so far; stock ROM and kernel with xposed. I am content with stock battery life at the moment

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

tyson63

Apr 18, 2010
Stock ROM + Franco.Kernel r47.. Getting 23 hrs battery life with 7 hours 35 minutes SOT with 4% left!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Gipjoe

Jun 22, 2012
Hello all, long time lurker, but first post!

I'm running CM11 M4 with neobuddy89's Chaos kernel (v10.2 stable), and it's awesome. There are a few tweaks from GravityBox, mostly re the statusbar and lockscreen, that I'd love to see incorporated in CM though.

Welcome to XDA. Enjoy everyone complaining about bugs lol. :D

Gipjoe

Jun 22, 2012
Stock ROM + Franco.Kernel r47.. Getting 23 hrs battery life with 7 hours 35 minutes SOT with 4% left!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wow, 7 h SOT? may I ask how old you nexus 5 is? With a similar set up I can't ever seem to break 4-5 h.

howard bamber

Jun 4, 2012
Southport
Stock and xposed. Days of custom roms being better went with ICS. Kernels are still dodgy. Using the best # Elemental # adds so much to battery life and general smoothness

From my mobile telephony device.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

How is it bad? I don't see any negative effects on my nexus.

Does nothing negative and boosts antutu benchmark.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Do you guys prefer franco over chaos? and if so can you use gamma tweaks on franco?

Elementalx by flar2. Do the reading of the good things said.
Anything over Franco. I try it from time to time but there is always something wrong, imo

bigbear6708

Apr 13, 2012
Was on slim for a long time. Great rom. The best in my opinion... Had the urge to flash stock images.. So far I'm really liking it again. Everything seems to work better.. For some reason auto awesome, etc didn't work with custom Roms. The keyboard seems to swipe better on stock.. Just the minor things!! Lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock everydamn thing
    Form page 80 to current this is the approx count suggested by users... Stock rom & Element X kernel clear winners

Kernels

ElementX 21
    Franco 14
    Code Blue 3

Roms

Stock 32
    PA 8
    CM 10
    Mahdi 4
    Cataclysm 3
    Purity 4
    Carbon 4
    Slim 4
    Elix R 2
    Android L 6
    Dirty Unicorn 5
    Others 9
    Yes there are. So who cares what your running?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app

to be honest seeing what people run can help you experiment with the best combos out there so answer to your question is... yes I do care gives me a chance to see what really works
    Cataclysm ROM with franko.kernel r30 :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Using my own private custom stock ROM with modifications + r48 Franco.kernel

Assuming I get permission from people to use their work that I've used privately for my own use, the ROM may see itself on XDA.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA mobile app
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone