• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

What are you using root for?

Search This thread

JohanSjogren

May 13, 2015
What app are you using to limit resolution to 1080p?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using XDA Free mobile app

I use the app "resolution changer" free. I set width to 1080 and height 1920 dpi at 480 (looks the same as native dpi). When all is set its good to reboot and clear cache (not necessary though). The resolution will stick between reboots! You can check resolution with a system info app since it can be hard to tell the difference ;). The boot animation might look a little weird though. The sharpness is as good as my LG G2. IF you look really close you might find that the pixels are slightly softer thought it's well sharp enough! Still plenty sharper than a 1080p pentile screen.

Last edited:

S3y

Apr 4, 2014
- Viper4android
- Titanium backup
- Greenify
- Gsam root companion

abs0lute

Jun 20, 2007
For those on AT&T: using CSC Feature Expert to remove values for "Config Wifi Notification Style" and "Status Bar Icon Type" removes both persistent Wi-Fi notifications and the NFC icon in the status bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: PMDColeslaw

dandrumheller

Jul 10, 2010
Southern Maine / Seacoast NH
Any way to get rid of AT&T in the status bar on the left of the screen?
There probably is, but running a weather app that puts a temp notification in the status bar makes it perpetually hide as well.

Edit: was browsing through the CSC editor and found this. Might be what you're looking for. My guess would be to edit the value of "show net name in status bar" to "false" and see what happens. But I honestly have NO IDEA what I'm doing with this, so you'd probably want to at least run it by someone who does. I don't know what the consequences of messing something up in here are.

4f389a52459d550e93daa85105a481e6.jpg

Last edited:

ChristopherXDA

Apr 22, 2013
CT
There probably is, but running a weather app that puts a temp notification in the status bar makes it perpetually hide as well.

Edit: was browsing through the CSC editor and found this. Might be what you're looking for. My guess would be to edit the value of "show net name in status bar" to "false" and see what happens. But I honestly have NO IDEA what I'm doing with this, so you'd probably want to at least run it by someone who does. I don't know what the consequences of messing something up in here are.

Fyi, I tried seeing that to false and the AT&T text remained after reboot.

Last edited:

zathus

Aug 25, 2009
You can turn off the nfc icon using cfc features. From the drop down once you open it select nfc. We're it says vzw as icon type. Remove the vzw and leave it blank. Save and reboot

Reactions: vanisher

zbigzbig20

Mar 29, 2012
First Titanium Backup (must have)
Second Adaway (great)
Third unlock some useful modifications in feature,xml (like call recording etc etc.)

Top Liked Posts