What Baseband should I have - UI looks different after update

Search This thread

Krammig

Jul 10, 2013
Thanks for reading.

I had to reinstall my phone a couple of days ago due to a weird Asking for Password when I turned the phone on. Never have set up a password and could not get past this.

After installing the following, a few things looked different. For example on the home screen there was a slide out on the left and that had as I recall three layers. One was a compass, the other was several apps, can't actually recall what the other one had in it.

Now there is a slide out on the right with just one panel of apps, and no compass at all. In fact I cannot find a compass on the phone at all.
Notifications icons used to be right at the top, now they appear under the time and date.
I used to get a different tome for a received text compared to say a messenger notification however now they are all the same.
Mentioning the above if it provides any clues.
A few other differences as well.

I ran a factory reset and installed fresh as follows ; ( Optus Australia - but the phone is unlocked so I could install anything )

Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965F)
PDA G965FXXUHFVG4
CSC G965FOXMHFVB4

Should I have installed the XSA instead as follows ? ;

PDA G965FXXUHFVG6
CSC G965FOXMHFVE2

Any thoughts on why the layout and basic contents be different ?

I tried running an Update however the message says it is up to date, although if I take a look at the Android Patch Level screen there are updates through to August but it shows I am on 1 March 2022 ?

Confused ..

Thanks

Last edited:

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Now there is a slide out on the right with just one panel of apps, and no compass at all. In fact I cannot find a compass on the phone at all.
Settings -> Display -> Edge panels -> Panels

There should be one that says "Tools"
It will add the compass to the edge screen you're talking about.
As for the rest of your question, I have no clue :)

Reactions: Krammig

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Settings -> Display -> Edge panels -> Panels

There should be one that says "Tools"
    It will add the compass to the edge screen you're talking about.
    As for the rest of your question, I have no clue :)