What browser do you use?

Search This thread

dclutter1

Dec 26, 2007
I've tried many browsers, but I always end up going right back to Chrome. I use my phone, iPad and laptop regularly, so it's great to have everything synced among the three.

I occasionally check for better browsers in Google Play and try Firefox after a few updates (even the nightly builds), but the availability of extensions don't make up for the speed on my phone..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

I love Chrome and how it can sync between so many devices so well. However, I had to go to Firefox because Chrome kept duplicating my bookmarks. Have you had any problems with that? Seems like some people do and some people don't.

Thingula

Jun 21, 2012
I love Chrome and how it can sync between so many devices so well. However, I had to go to Firefox because Chrome kept duplicating my bookmarks. Have you had any problems with that? Seems like some people do and some people don't.

No, I have not. I only have two recurring problems with Chrome: it occasionally crashes (on my iPad) and "Find in Page" sometimes doesn't work (also on iPad).

I'd prefer using Firefox, but I'd need an iPad version (yeah, right) and a more powerful phone. :p

con100

Aug 19, 2013
Right now I'm using Google Chrome. But I just downloaded Next Browser and I'm going to try it out. I've tried other browsers like Dolphin but I just can't leave Chrome.

dclutter1

Dec 26, 2007
No, I have not. I only have two recurring problems with Chrome: it occasionally crashes (on my iPad) and "Find in Page" sometimes doesn't work (also on iPad).

I'd prefer using Firefox, but I'd need an iPad version (yeah, right) and a more powerful phone. :p

Yeah, I'm actually fine with ff on my computers but the android version suuuuuucks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thingula

Jun 21, 2012
Yeah, I'm actually fine with ff on my computers but the android version suuuuuucks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I think my phone just isn't powerful enough for FF. It feels like a GPU problem, more than anything else.

And I don't use FF on my computer as often as I'd like, because I have yet to find a solid bookmark-syncing program. Oh, well..

zeppelin101

Feb 1, 2012

I have had the duplicating bookmarks problem for a very long time and I know that it's still an issue, because the bug thread(s) on Google Groups still keeps getting posts. I like the Chrome UI so I sometimes just fire up Chrome on my tablet, but I use Firefox if I need to access saved bookmarks or to save a bookmark through the tablet. Firefox bookmark syncing just works flawlessly for me.

I think my phone just isn't powerful enough for FF. It feels like a GPU problem, more than anything else.

Agreed, FF runs sluggishly on my GNex, but it works perfectly on my N7 2013.

And I don't use FF on my computer as often as I'd like, because I have yet to find a solid bookmark-syncing program. Oh, well..

What's wrong with FF's bookmark syncing?

con100

Aug 19, 2013
I've been using Next Browser for a few days as I said earlier but I've been using Chrome again the last day or so. I've found a few bugs in Next browser that are annoying so until they are fixed I will stick with Chrome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I use chrome on all my devices and computers

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    Thanks for the heard up on this. Maxathon is my main browser. Guess not anymore

Here is an APK analysis of Maxthon:
    http://mobilesandbox.org/xml_report_static/?q=358104
    android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED [run on boot]
    android.permission.GET_TASKS [get running tasks]
    android.permission.READ_CONTACTS
    android/telephony/TelephonyManager;->getDeviceId [used to identify you for tracking]
    Cipher(AES/ECB/NoPadding) [used to encrypt data to be phoned home]
    HttpPost [used to phone home data]

A web browser does not need any of these calls/permissions and should not be using them.

Next Browser is another piece of garbage that someone recently mentioned. Have a look at the APK analysis:
    http://mobilesandbox.org/xml_report_static/?q=357097
    android.permission.READ_LOGS [basically no app should do this as logs contain all kinds of information]
    android.permission.USE_CREDENTIALS [use your accounts]
    android.permission.MANAGE_ACCOUNTS [manage your accounts]
    android.permission.READ_CONTACTS
    android/telephony/TelephonyManager;->getDeviceId [used to identify you for tracking]
    Cipher(RSA) [used to encrypt data to be phoned home]
    HttpPost [used to phone home data]
    [PRIVACY] WARNING: Dolphin's collection of your browsing history
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1319529

Dolphin / Boat / UC Browser / Maxthon / most Android browsers are wasting your battery power, bandwidth, and CPU cycles as they collect data on you.
    I currently use Mozilla Firefox but I'm looking for a change. It has some really awesome features but web browsing is really slow compared to other browsers.

So what browser do you use/recommend?
    i used to use Chrome but im trying Dolphin right now :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone