What can app developer actually see? How can they identify me?

Search This thread

PlayersHeaders

Jan 25, 2014
Hi! :)

What can app developers actually see and how are they identifying me?

The MAC-adress, the IMEI, the device ID?

How can I prevent them from identifying me? The only way that I know, is changing the MAC, IMEI, and device ID.

For example: I download an app called XY. It knows my phone.
Now I uninstall XY, and install it again, but I dont want that it already knows my phone(A). I mean I want that the app XY thinks that I'm a other mobile phone(B). It dont matters that the app knows that I'm using a 1+1. It matters that the app knows that I'm using another 1+1. And how can I get back, so that the app XY thinks that I'm again using my phone(A)?

Or the question expressed differently, how can I have 2 ''different'' phones in one mobile? For example I could buy another 1+1. But I want to have to two different identities in one phone. Is that possible?

How can I do that? Its nothing illegal that I'm trying to do :D

Thank you very much, and best regards from germany!
Happy new year!

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Oh well thank you. But using 2 phones must be also illegal if changing device id is illegal :/

How can I delete the thread?
You can't delete it. Only mods can. Also no it is not the same as using 2 devices. Might want to look into things and get an understanding of just what you are wanting.

Changing the imei or Mac address has been illegal in devices for decades.

favzan choksi

Jan 18, 2017
You can't delete it. Only mods can. Also no it is not the same as using 2 devices. Might want to look into things and get an understanding of just what you are wanting.

how come you say that ''''Changing the imei or Mac address has been illegal in devices for ''''''''decades.''''
??? we know that this cell phone technology is not even 30 yeras old? seriously??? decades???

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
how come you say that ''''Changing the imei or Mac address has been illegal in devices for ''''''''decades.''''
??? we know that this cell phone technology is not even 30 yeras old? seriously??? decades???
Yes and it has been illegal since shortly after consumer cell phones hit the market. A decade being 10 years. So yes. Heck the laws were put in 9lace most likely be for you were even born.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh well thank you. But using 2 phones must be also illegal if changing device id is illegal :/

How can I delete the thread?

You can't. They can pull everything about your device. Everything you mentioned changing is against the law in many countries and as such banned on xda.