What Can I Do If My Joint Operations App/Game Is Rejected Due to Incorrect Language Type?

Search This thread

Mayism

Nov 5, 2020
github.com
Symptom
After I chose the Chinese mainland as the release country/region of my app that has integrated the HMS Core SDK and submitted the app for review, my app was rejected, for the language for the update pop-up is English, rather than Chinese.
  • As you can see, the following pop-up is in English, which is the reason for rejection.
0*CT68pfaKJI2VkDpj.png

• The ideal result would look like this.
0*tCoKw54toYvm3LE2.png
Analysis
I use Android Studio for app development, and according to my experience, I assumed that the pop-up message is provided in the HMS Core SDK resource files. It might be caused by missing part of the files, so I checked the multi-language resources. Under External Libraries > Gradle:com.huawei.hms:ui-4.0.4.301 > res > value-zh-rCN, I found the values-zh-rCN.xml file and the pop-up message in Chinese, as shown in the following figure.

0*PzJgoObbCqDo3Bnw.png

So why wasn’t it displayed?

Cause
I contacted Huawei technical support (https://developer.huawei.com/consumer/en/support/feedback/#/). Finally, I found a mistake in the multi-language configuration of my project. This is the sample code provided by the official documentation.

And here’s what I wrote.

0*Qe2imE7g4H02cAXA.png

That’s where the problem is.

0*6KogJVew6ZZNiiWW.png

I then changed zh to zh-rCN in my code, and used a VIVO phone for testing. I uninstalled HMS Core (APK) from the phone. Then I started my app, and saw the pop-up message displayed in Chinese.

0*5x80WkGEOjrt-zR3.png

This time, my app was approved.

Summary
Here’s a summary I’ve wrote:
  • If you use Eclipse to integrate the HMS Core SDK, ensure that the related multi-language resource packages are not missing or have not been modified. Generally, the language packages are in the res directory. Remember not to change the package name!
  • If you use Android Studio to integrate the HMS Core SDK, make sure:
  1. The downloaded multi-language resource packages (in the res directory) are not missing or have not been modified.
  2. If resConfigs has been added to android > defaultConfig, the supported languages are the same as the multi-language packages provided by Huawei, especially for zh-rCN, which is different from the naming on other platforms.