What case for the Nexus 5x ??

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
I haven't seen a general case thread, so I'd thought I'd float out the question. I've just seen a few reviews. I like the Nexus 5x since it is smaller than most phablets, but I also would like a slim case. Currently I have the black ringke slim which is nice, but a fingerprint magnet and no bump protection. I ordered a TPU which I might end up using since it at least offers some drop protection.

Trying to balance the size of the phone plus the case can be somewhat difficult. Plus a lot of cases out there are CLEAR which is probably the worst design as it yellows or shows scratches.....I've seen some that are decent which I would have bought had they been smoke, but generally I don't buy clear. I've considered running the phone naked too, but I just got it not too long ago and rather not do that at least until I've had it for some time and considering a replacement.

Akopps

Jan 19, 2015
I am pretty happy with the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle. It looks nice and the grip is good. I have dropped my phone several times now on tile floor or asphalt without damaging it. This case probably won't protect from the worst falls as well as some of the heavy duty cases, but overall it's a good package.

Reactions: mnd86

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
I am pretty happy with the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle. It looks nice and the grip is good. I have dropped my phone several times now on tile floor or asphalt without damaging it. This case probably won't protect from the worst falls as well as some of the heavy duty cases, but overall it's a good package.
I'm a fan of the Tudia slim cases and recently, the Diztronic slim

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 7159986

I recently picked up the new Verus 5X case. The second version fixed all the flaws from the original, and looks very nice, very clean. Not bulky (probably the most important aspect to me), tactile buttons (also a major point personally), it has a slightly raised edge around the camera ring, and slides nicely into my pocket. I've dropped my phone numerous times from various heights onto carpet, concrete, and asphalt. So far the only damage it's sustained is a hairline crack in the tempered glass screen protector. And by hairline, I mean I only noticed when it caught the light a certain way one day. They are temporarily unavailable on Amazon, but can be found other places.

seabro01

Dec 1, 2015
The Diztronic slim fit is a solid slim case that provides pretty good protection. Also like the Incipio dual pro which isn't slim bit doesn't add too much bulk and adds extra protection (military drop tested).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Badd_blood

Dec 24, 2011
2nd on Versus case, it feels very premium and slim. Because the 5X feels cheap this case actually makes the phone look better and more expensive imo. Moderate protection as well.
verus-high-pro-shield-series-nexus-5x-case-satin-silver-p55412-300.jpg

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Versus looks good, how thick is it ? I prefer to keep the Nexus logo hidden with a case so ppl look at it trying to figure out what phone I have and dont know. I got a cheap Chinese TPU one that is actually well-fitted and was only $5.00.

Last edited:

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
+1 on the Versus, doesn't add much to phone, looks good, gives some protection, makes a slippery phone easier to grip and hold.

geekmax

Sep 25, 2015
I'm also using Ringke Fusion (Smoke) and found it very good. It gives excellent protection and doesn't look so bulky. The only issue I faced was the headphone pin getting blocked halfway by the case. One should apply force and press it hard to fit it properly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.