• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question What Case Will You Be Getting?

Search This thread

tbalden

Recognized Developer
P_20211023_143918.jpg
Spigen thin, Caseology black and tocol tpu screen protector here waiting for actual black device.

Caseology feels less slippery on the back, with some rugged surfaces. On the side tho both are smooth. The Spigen material seems to slip less when moisture is present.

Hefty they aren't too much, and Caseology is a drop tested one.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

skimminstones

Feb 7, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Oppo Reno 2

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
I'm a massive fan of Spigen cases but i have had a cheapo jobbie waiting for a number of weeks because covers the camera bar and has cut outs, i am gutted everyone has gone for a fully open design.

this is it, i mean it might be absolutely crap but it was cheap enough to try.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
I went with the Otterbox Defender Series pro Case. a little extra heft for me is worth the protection they provide. Not available at Otterbox but got one from the Verizon store and is arriving Monday.
Awesome, thanks! I ordered an Otterbox Defender Pro in Black for the 6 Pro from Verizon as well. 25% off right now and 2-day free shipping can't be beaten. I'd rather have the non-Pro Defender in Blue, but Verizon does free 30-day returns if the other becomes available in time.

https://www.verizon.com/products/otterbox-defender-series-pro-case-for-pixel-6-pro/

Reactions: ggrant3876

combat goofwing

Mar 3, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Attachments

• IMG_20211023_161700.jpg
    IMG_20211023_161700.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20211023_161650.jpg
    IMG_20211023_161650.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20211023_161712.jpg
    IMG_20211023_161712.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 105

ggrant3876

Jun 17, 2009
Wichita Falls, Texas
Awesome, thanks! I ordered an Otterbox Defender Pro in Black for the 6 Pro from Verizon as well. 25% off right now and 2-day free shipping can't be beaten. I'd rather have the non-Pro Defender in Blue, but Verizon does free 30-day returns if the other becomes available in time.

https://www.verizon.com/products/otterbox-defender-series-pro-case-for-pixel-6-pro/
Mine just came in.............................................now waiting on the phone.

tbalden

Recognized Developer
I'm a massive fan of Spigen cases but i have had a cheapo jobbie waiting for a number of weeks because covers the camera bar and has cut outs, i am gutted everyone has gone for a fully open design.

this is it, i mean it might be absolutely crap but it was cheap enough to try.

There's some protection gone with the open design, but the lips of these cases are supposedly higher than the camera glass plane. I'll slap a protector tpu over it that comes with the screen protector to protect from scratches... I worry about the thick non open cover over the camera part, like blocking of the flashlight.

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
There's some protection gone with the open design, but the lips of these cases are supposedly higher than the camera glass plane. I'll slap a protector tpu over it that comes with the screen protector to protect from scratches... I worry about the thick cover over the camera part, like blocking of the flashlight.
I never use the LED illumination, it isn't anything like a genuine flash, it simply isn't bright or quick enough.

When decent skins are available for the camera bar I'll defo be moving back to Spigen anyway.

Reactions: tbalden

tbalden

Recognized Developer
I never use the LED illumination, it isn't anything like a genuine flash, it simply isn't bright or quick enough.

When decent skins are available for the camera bar I'll defo be moving back to Spigen anyway.
Yeah I don't use it much for photo, but I use it for some videos and it looks strange when something gives the light a spin. But it's more of an issue with translucent cases

TiltedAz

Oct 19, 2007
I received the Pixel Pro 6 Spigen Tough Armor and it's too slippery for my liking. I plan to return it. I also cancelled my Google case as a reviewer reported the phone didn't tightly fit in the case (upon turning phone over, face down, he felt the phone drop slightly inside the case).

The pixel pro 6 case search continues.

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I received the Pixel Pro 6 Spigen Tough Armor and it's too slippery for my liking. I plan to return it. I also cancelled my Google case as a reviewer reported the phone didn't tightly fit in the case (upon turning phone over, face down, he felt the phone drop slightly inside the case).

Yeh, I also don't like slippery! That's the important point of a good case...

dimm0k

Jan 25, 2014
Google Pixel 4 XL

before you return, can you confirm the buttons for the Tough Armor are easily pressible?

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
before you return, can you confirm the buttons for the Tough Armor are easily pressible?
I also have a Spigen Tough Armor that was delivered a couple of days ago. You can't really tell how "pressible" the buttons are without the phone in it (not sure if the person you are responding to actually has the phone yet). But looking at the construction it does seem like it would be ok. I do have another Tough Armor for another Pixel and the buttons were fine to press but they weren't as "clickable" as the other Spigens, if that makes sense. It doesn't make that clicking sound or feel, but still works just fine. But I couldn't tell you if this will carry over to the Pixel 6 Pro.

Btw, I am keeping mine. I don't find it slippery but understand that others may have differing opinions.

Top Liked Posts