• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question What Case Will You Be Getting?

Search This thread

tbalden

Recognized Developer
I also have a Spigen Tough Armor ...

Btw, I am keeping mine. I don't find it slippery but understand that others may have differing opinions.
On the Spigen thin, I feel that when there's moisture/ sweat it doesn't become more slippery, but instead it has a better grip. Something in the plastic they made it of gets kinda sticky in a good way

The Caseology remains the same in presence of moisture.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
On the Spigen thin, I feel that when there's moisture/ sweat it doesn't become more slippery, but instead it has a better grip. Something in the plastic they made it of gets kinda sticky in a good way

The Caseology remains the same in presence of moisture.
That's funny you said that. Because just a little while ago I wet my hands a bit to test and it's exactly as you describe. The Tough Armor actually has a better grip when hands are moist.

Glad it wasn't just me :)

Reactions: tbalden
Ive been on the fence about it, I actually had one for my s20 ultra. I liked the feel and minimalistic feel. One day I realized there was a split in one spot which I never figured out how that happened, then about a month later I dropped my phone and my screen cracked. Which obviously wasn't the case that caused the crack but didn't provide any protection.

dmb219

Feb 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
Has anyone used the dbrand Grip? Some folks on reddit swear by it and say it's worth the premium price. I would pay $40 for a case instead of buying 2 or 3 cheaper cases that are nothing special.

wildlime

Mar 2, 2014
Ordered some official cases but got the Ringke Clear Matte applied to my current Pixel 6 Pro

Attachments

• IMG_20211022_090141.jpg
    IMG_20211022_090141.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 153
Has anyone used the dbrand Grip? Some folks on reddit swear by it and say it's worth the premium price. I would pay $40 for a case instead of buying 2 or 3 cheaper cases that are nothing special.
I have it on my OnePlus 9 Pro, and it is a great case. However I also had the grip case on my OnePlus 8 Pro, and it wasn't my favorite. On the OnePlus 8 Pro, it offered no protection for the rear cameras. I'll want to see a few reviews before I buy the Grip case for the P6P.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmb219

roirraW "edor" ehT

Recognized Contributor
Not trying to be a shill for a YouTube channel but, here's a reviewer who broke his screen 4 days after getting the phone..

Get a case...I think it's probably a smart idea...
:) My wife and I are ******* clutzes. Glad someone else gave me the hint on here that Verizon has the OtterBox Defender (and Symmetry) cases available on their website, although I might replace it within 30 days if I find a better deal on it in the next month.

My wife is being brave this time and got her Spigen Slim Armor CS in Rose Gold. I think she's a fool in this respect - she's the reason we started using the OtterBox Defender in the first place after she's broken a couple of her screens previously. She's an even bigger clutz than me. Back in my HTC Droid Eris days, she knocked my phone and spare battery I was changing out of my hands while she was walking and talking beside me, waving her hands around. She doesn't have much situational awareness. The spare battery died permanently, the phone was fine though.

Reactions: galaxys

plasticarmyman

Apr 13, 2011
Long Beach
:) My wife and I are ******* clutzes. Glad someone else gave me the hint on here that Verizon has the OtterBox Defender (and Symmetry) cases available on their website, although I might replace it within 30 days if I find a better deal on it in the next month.

My wife is being brave this time and got her Spigen Slim Armor CS in Rose Gold. I think she's a fool in this respect - she's the reason we started using the OtterBox Defender in the first place after she's broken a couple of her screens previously. She's an even bigger clutz than me. Back in my HTC Droid Eris days, she knocked my phone and spare battery I was changing out of my hands while she was walking and talking beside me, waving her hands around. She doesn't have much situational awareness. The spare battery died permanently, the phone was fine though.
I have the bad habit of putting my phone in places it should not go, I have severely scratched several devices. So I'm getting the Poetic Guardian...it has a built in screen protector.

I haven't broken a phone in quite some time but the last time I did it was pretty bad...so I'd rather protect a $1k investment.

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts