• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question What Case Will You Be Getting?

Search This thread

Batfink33

Apr 8, 2013
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Anyone in UK able to get just a standard clear case? Everything on Amazon is like delivering in November/December or something stupid..
I managed to get a Ringke Fusion clear case but it seems to be OOS now. I'm trying to get a smokey clear case also but can't. There seems to be a real lack of accessories for the P6P so far. I wish someone would make a UV Glue TGSP too but noone seems to be.

skimminstones

Feb 7, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Oppo Reno 2
Anyone in UK able to get just a standard clear case? Everything on Amazon is like delivering in November/December or something stupid..

im using this as it feels nicer. I know it will go yellow at some point but for now its fine.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015

im using this as it feels nicer. I know it will go yellow at some point but for now its fine.
Funny, I was about to ask if clear cases still go yellow. I remember that back in the days (Pixel 3 times I think) I burned through two clear cases and then switched over to a glass-back case, even though that became a nightmare after a while because that case was super slippery once that glass was riddled with fingerprints.

So it still turns yellow, yikes. I kinda miss my old Pixel cloth cases, even though they never fit very well and didn't offer much drop protection - and they got greasy over time. But damn did the feel awesome.

elsdon

Apr 4, 2007
Hong Kong
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Ah damn that OOS as well for the 6P.. How long did it take to arrive?

skimminstones

Feb 7, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Oppo Reno 2
Funny, I was about to ask if clear cases still go yellow. I remember that back in the days (Pixel 3 times I think) I burned through two clear cases and then switched over to a glass-back case, even though that became a nightmare after a while because that case was super slippery once that glass was riddled with fingerprints.

So it still turns yellow, yikes. I kinda miss my old Pixel cloth cases, even though they never fit very well and didn't offer much drop protection - and they got greasy over time. But damn did the feel awesome.
Think it depends on the type of plastic used but for £2.95 until other cases are around its fine. I do have the Ringke fusion clear case too which is a harder plastic but this one feels better to me.

JasW

May 14, 2013
Spigen Ultra Hybrid clear, which happily arrived today just 24 hours after the phone. I'm not a phone dropper by nature, but the Ultra Hybrid earned my undying devotion after I dropped my old Pixel 4XL not once, but twice, on concrete and then tile, and was none the worse for the wear.

Ultimoose

Jan 17, 2011
+1 Ringke Fusion. I've had the same one on my Pixel 2XL for the last 4 years and it's still going strong with just some very minor scuff marks on the back. And I've not treated it nicely. It's been sweated on for almost 8,000 miles of road and trail running in that 4 years, dropped repeatedly on every possible surface type and done a few OCR's where it ended up covered in mud.

My gym membership card still reads 100% of the time from where it sits between the phone and the back of the case.

For the $8 or $9 I paid for it, well I've gotten my money's worth to say the least. I just hope the quality of the current crop hasn't gone significantly downhill.

Looks like the Matte Ringke fusion is back in stock on the Ringke website. Not on Amazon yet. Just ordered one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211030-173646.jpg
    Screenshot_20211030-173646.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 79

Top Liked Posts