Question What Case Will You Be Getting?

Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I'm getting the Belroy leather case
Bit pricey but I've got a few things from them in the past and they're pretty well made.
Interesting, thanks. My wife was interested until I noticed that their 6 Pro case selection has a different color available instead of the Green. I hate when they have different colors available between the non-Pro and Pro / non-XL / XL. In this case, that's the only color that's different.

Nekromantik

Apr 1, 2010
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Google Pixel Watch
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I looked at those. I might try one.
Mh. Direct metal contact on the entire screen. I don't really get the design of that case. Wouldn't that cause more harm when the phone drops? Heavy pressure by a rigid object along the lines of a phone? Massive pressure from metal on glass? Glass is glass, and glass breks. There's a reason why most cases use some sort of cushion/relatively elastic/flexible material that has direct contact to the screen to protect a phone.

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
Mh. Direct metal contact on the entire screen. I don't really get the design of that case. Wouldn't that cause more harm when the phone drops? Heavy pressure by a rigid object along the lines of a phone? Massive pressure from metal on glass? Glass is glass, and glass breks. There's a reason why most cases use some sort of cushion/relatively elastic/flexible material that has direct contact to the screen to protect a phone.

There is no metal touching the screen anywhere. Only rubber. The phone fits in a rubber jacket, then the metal case goes around the rubber jacket.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
There is no metal touching the screen anywhere. Only rubber. The phone fits in a rubber jacket, then the metal case goes around the rubber jacket.
Pretty sure that you are wrong, at least if I interpret the screenshots correctly. The phone does sit in a rubber case that spans the entire back and the sides, but as far as I can tell, the metal upper casing lies directly on the glass screen. Maybe I am wrong, but the screenshots tell another story.

1634833067991.png

1634833122106.png

As especially the second screenshot shows, there is nothing between the panel and the metal upper casepart (look right next to the number zero).

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
Pretty sure that you are wrong, at least if I interpret the screenshots correctly. The phone does sit in a rubber case that spans the entire back and the sides, but as far as I can tell, the metal upper casing lies directly on the glass screen. Maybe I am wrong, but the screenshots tell another story.

As especially the second screenshot shows, there is nothing between the panel and the metal upper casepart (look right next to the number zero).

You are DEFINITELY incorrect.

Reactions: LanceBlaise

nozz93

Jul 22, 2010
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
I wish there were cases in other colors than black. I ordered the white Pixel 6 Pro but bought the Spigen Rugged Armor case. The completely transparent cases look kind of cheap and don't feel very good. I'd love a nice white case.

AhsanU

Sep 27, 2013
NYC
I got several cases, primarily because Google's cases are crazy delayed. I got their case in Golden Glow, the order says I'll get it the 2nd week of December whereas the phone is coming on the 28th of October.

Got the Bellroy in terracotta: https://bellroy.com/products/leather-case-for-pixel-6/leather_pixel6/terracotta#slide-0

And lately, a Case-Mate clear case. Case-Mate make great iPhone cases and I enjoy their button tactility a lot: https://case-mate.com/products/tough-clear-pixel-6-pro

So these three cases should last me a while.

combat goofwing

Mar 3, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have ordered d brand skin which is pre order and waiting for reviews on decent cases and glass SPs u til then I will use this, for a £10 it will do for a few weeks

Foluu Case for Google Pixel 6 Pro Case, Flip Folio Wallet Cover Slim Premium PU Leather Case ID Credit Card Slots Stand Kickstand Magnetic Closure TPU Bumper Cover for Google Pixel 6 Pro 2021 (Gray) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09BTJPHRB/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_21GFPKNFZF3NMQQ7N4S7

Top Liked Posts