Question What Cases Did You Get?

Search This thread

Virgo_Guy

Sep 11, 2012
🧐
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Google Pixel 6a
Bought the official silicone and official clear cover and settled with the latter. I like it because it's grippy and minimal. Don't like the silicone case at all.

Attachments

• 20220706_140048.jpg
    20220706_140048.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 63

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
Searched this thread and couldn't find anyone using the Samsung S-View flip cover! This is a great case as it provides privacy with the flip cover and turns the phone on/off by merely opening/closing the cover. Best of all, I NEVER HAVE TO TOUCH THE POWER BUTTON!! I always want to get the best battery life and the flip cover is a winner. Much easier to flip the cover open/closed rather than fumbling for the power button.

In addition, with the phone laying on a table with the cover closed, I can double tap in the little window area and it will display the date/time, battery level and any notifications. Really cool when you are in a meeting and just want to quickly check your phone. You can also answer incoming phone calls, get calendar and alarm notifications and more within the window with the case closed (you can do phone calls with the cover closed also).

One sneaky nice thing is that when you have the cover open and folded over around the back of the phone, the cut out window aligns perfectly with the camera lens so you can still take pics with the phone comfortably in your hand!

I don't think a lot of people know all the neat features of the Samsung s-flip cover. Samsung has some proprietary technology embedded in the cover so it can detect it and pull off the additional functionality. Other 3rd party flip cover cases cannot emulate this functionality (believe me I've purchased a bunch with no luck).

Last edited:
Reactions: _GRIZZLY_

_GRIZZLY_

Jul 2, 2013
Searched this thread and couldn't find anyone using the Samsung S-View flip cover! This is a great case as it provides privacy with the flip cover and turns the phone on/off by merely opening/closing the cover. Best of all, I NEVER HAVE TO TOUCH THE POWER BUTTON!! I always want to get the best battery life and the flip cover is a winner. Much easier to flip the cover open/closed rather than fumbling for the power button.

In addition, with the phone laying on a table with the cover closed, I can double tap in the little window area and it will display the date/time, battery level and any notifications. Really cool when you are in a meeting and just want to quickly check your phone. You can also answer incoming phone calls, get calendar and alarm notifications and more within the window with the case closed (you can do phone calls with the cover closed also).

One sneaky nice thing is that when you have the cover open and folded over around the back of the phone, the cut out window aligns perfectly with the camera lens so you can still take pics with the phone comfortably in your hand!

I don't think a lot of people know all the neat features of the Samsung s-flip cover. Samsung has some proprietary technology embedded in the cover so it can detect it and pull off the additional functionality. Other 3rd party flip cover cases cannot emulate this functionality (believe me I've purchased a bunch with no luck).

Interesting and good suggestion in choosing case.
I use usually Spigen Liquid cristal but thank to your post I order this case in white color. I hope that it will stay clear longer than few days ;).
This small window seems practical compared to standard case or led cover.
I tryied "book type" Still gut leather case on the Note 20 Ultra but need always open case for everything after few days just irritated.

I order too samsung leather case (standard type, no book) and try original case compared to spigen.

Reactions: Rubby1025

Rubby1025

Mar 18, 2022
Dallas/Ft Worth
Interesting and good suggestion in choosing case.
I use usually Spigen Liquid cristal but thank to your post I order this case in white color. I hope that it will stay clear longer than few days ;).
This small window seems practical compared to standard case or led cover.
I tryied "book type" Still gut leather case on the Note 20 Ultra but need always open case for everything after few days just irritated.

I order too samsung leather case (standard type, no book) and try original case compared to spigen.
Excellent! I also have the white s-view case and it hasn't faded or gotten dirty at all. Let me know what you think after you get yours.

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Since I cycle, I use the Quadlock one:

I got the same for my bicycle and also for my car. Love it. Twist and turn and secure attachment.

Attachments

• 20220709_121503.jpg
    20220709_121503.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
  • 20220709_122526.jpg
    20220709_122526.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
  • 20220709_131426.jpg
    20220709_131426.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 39

Jaxom84

Jan 12, 2022
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Google Pixel 6
While looking for a new phone case, I noticed resin cases that look really cool. But I wonder if they really can protect my phone. Have anyone of you ever tried cases like those https://discarve.com/collections/samsung-galaxy-s22-ultra-resin-wood-phone-cases :unsure:
I've already tried wooden cases of this type (silicon with embedded wood panel, but no mixed with resin) in the past. it fit your needs if:
  1. you're looking for a stunning design (clearly, wood is such a beautiful material)
  2. aren't afraid about potential overheatings (wood is a good insulating material, the heat dissipation might be a problem depending how you use the phone, so be careful)
I also suggest you pay a visit to Oxywood Design to compare the designs and the way they embed the wood panels, brands tend to use different cut types and silicon case bases.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a Caseology Parallax case for my Pixel 6 Pro, I liked it so much that I bought one for my S22U as well. I think it's a great case.

case1.png
    OtterBox Defender Pro with Belt clip. You can drop it on concrete or asphalt and it won't even scratch the case much less the phone. I been using the Defenders since the s7 Edge and never traded a phone in to Samsung that didn't look brand new and sratchless. The only downside is it will make your phone heavier but I can live with that. I've dropped mine on a concrete tile floor at work 3 times over the years and never even for scratched. If you keep your phone in your pocket in an office environment you can get away with slinmer cases. But if you work in a brutal environment it pays to have that extra protection.
    Just arrived the generic Carbon fiber case from aliexpress.

Excelent quality, touch and fit. The downside is the left cameras are almost nothing protected, while the right ones are OK.

IMG-20220301-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20220301-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20220301-WA0015.jpg
    Official Samsung leather case. I can't go back from them. Got one on my S20, 21, Zfold 3 and now this. Nothing beats the comfort, durability and even the smell of leather.
    Nillkin Camshield

IMG20220302230924.jpg
    I really wanted the Spigen Cryo Armor case, but it really bothers me how they made a really lazy square cutout for the camera, while their much cheaper cases have much better designed camera cutouts.