Question What Cases Did You Get?

Search This thread

itsXpanD

Aug 7, 2021
the Netherlands
I've been really happy with my Otterbox Defender, though I did end up cutting off the USB port flap as that was really tight and made plugging in cables way too fiddly. Pretty easy to do with some scissors and a steady-ish hand.

The case has tons of grip, and it just sits nicely in my hands in general. Doesn't seem to be getting particularly dirty around the screen edges either, two weeks in so far -- was worried that'd become an issue.

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Tried like 10 cases from amazon but nothing beats the official samsung leather case imo.
I like it, the cutouts around the cameras and flash are spot on but there's something about the case that's off. When I have a tense grip when shooting videos there's a creaking noise that reminds me of the dash of a late 70s Camaro driving over railroad tracks, for one.

I need a kickstand case, thinking about the clear Samsung one. A BB nearby has one for $23 open box excellent condition. Has decent reviews. Then there's the shutter cases that have a sliding shutter that go over the cameras, could come in handy to keep damn chicken and fish grease off the lenses! LOL

Currently I'm using the Spigen flimsy one, pretty thin and not too flappy on the sides. Not bad for $15.

I almost got the Pitaka but the open top and bottom scares me. I have the TIMECAT aramid on my Pixel 6 Pro and like it as much as Pitaka and Latercase.

May get it for the S22 Ultra...

Anyone miss Diztronic? I loved their ten dollar cases for both Samsung and iPhones. Still have on on my Nexus 6 (yes 6 not 6P!) that's in the drawer. It's held up good enough that throwing it in the kitchen to get the cats off the counter is all that it seemingly is good for these days...

EDIT:

I know I can get the same flippin' thing off aliexpress for considerably less but by time it reaches my hands I may have sold the phone or lost interest. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: hand-filer

hand-filer

Sep 21, 2021
Canada
Currently rocking the Bellroy Leather Case in Terracotta and the UAG Monarch in carbon fibre.
The Bellroy is nice and slim, feels good in the hand and offers a little better protection than the comparable Samsung leather case.

The UAG Monarch offers great protection (20' drop tested) and is light weight for the protection it offers. Feels good in the hand and looks bad ass IMHO.

Also had the Spigen Cryo Armor, Spigen Tough Armor, Spigen Liquid Air and
Rugged Armor prior but sold them recently after evaluating the above 2.

Spigen make great cases but after using them for several years it was time to change things up.

ionutdicu

Jan 10, 2011
Bucharest
I like it, the cutouts around the cameras and flash are spot on but there's something about the case that's off. When I have a tense grip when shooting videos there's a creaking noise that reminds me of the dash of a late 70s Camaro driving over railroad tracks, for one.

I need a kickstand case, thinking about the clear Samsung one. A BB nearby has one for $23 open box excellent condition. Has decent reviews. Then there's the shutter cases that have a sliding shutter that go over the cameras, could come in handy to keep damn chicken and fish grease off the lenses! LOL

Currently I'm using the Spigen flimsy one, pretty thin and not too flappy on the sides. Not bad for $15.

I almost got the Pitaka but the open top and bottom scares me. I have the TIMECAT aramid on my Pixel 6 Pro and like it as much as Pitaka and Latercase.

May get it for the S22 Ultra...

Anyone miss Diztronic? I loved their ten dollar cases for both Samsung and iPhones. Still have on on my Nexus 6 (yes 6 not 6P!) that's in the drawer. It's held up good enough that throwing it in the kitchen to get the cats off the counter is all that it seemingly is good for these days...

EDIT:

I know I can get the same flippin' thing off aliexpress for considerably less but by time it reaches my hands I may have sold the phone or lost interest. LOL

regarding the creaking noise of the leather case; I can confirm, it is there and was not happy at all about it; BUT, after about 2 weeks, no more creacking, the case settles and everything is perfect

Reactions: cpufrost

Mythos123

Nov 30, 2013
I wanted a transparent case to show of the beautiful burgundy color of the phone. Decided to go with the Spigen Liquid Crystal Case (Crystal Clear). My first impression was good and I still like the case but it's a fingerprint magnet and gets dirty very quickly.

IMG_20220318_162910.jpgIMG_20220318_163841.jpg

For that reason I recently got my second case, the official Samsung Leather Cover in the color burgundy. It's in comparison a much slimmer case. Less protection from falls obviously but it looks good imo, has a snug fit and a great build quality. I think with age and patina it will look even better. An excellent case for indoor use, or at the office. Got it for a total of only $7,43 from Samsung Shop when it was on sale with my Samsung Rewards points.

Reactions: BrokenBee

Monipeev

Apr 22, 2010
Sofia
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
What about the camera lenses and Samsung leather case?
Does the Samsung case bother them or do the lenses fit into it normally?
In the moment i use Spigen liquid crystal case and they fit's perfectly.

gav83collins

I opted for this one, it's kinda two tone, the images don't do it justice, I like the idea that the case covers the edges fully and was able to fit my camera protectors perfectly and the fact it had a built in ring was a bonus, the only downside is its quite a tight fit and getting the phone out to put in adapters onto the type c socket and to wireless charge is a bit of a pain

20220421_161244_mfnr.jpg
20220421_161116.jpg

Last edited:

Mythos123

Nov 30, 2013
What about the camera lenses and Samsung leather case?
Does the Samsung case bother them or do the lenses fit into it normally?
In the moment i use Spigen liquid crystal case and they fit's perfectly.
The cut-out for the lenses are precise so no issues at all with the lenses. I would have liked a slightly bigger protrusion of the cut-outs to protect the lenses even better like with the Spigen case.

Reactions: Monipeev

hhwong

Jan 31, 2012
Official Samsung leather case. I can't go back from them. Got one on my S20, 21, Zfold 3 and now this. Nothing beats the comfort, durability and even the smell of leather.
how did your case aged so far? I am thinking about buying the light grey version of leather case vs the led cover light grey, i cant really decide.

I hear they both get dirty really easy with light grey colour.......

i got the graphite color phone to pair with them

Negan

Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Staff member
how did your case aged so far? I am thinking about buying the light grey version of leather case vs the led cover light grey, i cant really decide.

I hear they both get dirty really easy with light grey colour.......

i got the graphite color phone to pair with them
Honestly I returned my 22 after a week. Didn't seem like a big enough upgrade over my 21 or fold 3 and I also missed my pixel which I've stuck with. But leather in general should be maintained periodically and if that's done it will last forever

hhwong

Jan 31, 2012
Honestly I returned my 22 after a week. Didn't seem like a big enough upgrade over my 21 or fold 3 and I also missed my pixel which I've stuck with. But leather in general should be maintained periodically and if that's done it will last forever
damn so it needs to be oiled etc? that....sounds like work! lol

i do understand that leather can last a crazy long time if well maintained but yeeeeeeah.......

i was mainly concerned about the upkeep since it is light grey if i buy it, i dont want the black leather case, it looks boring

Negan

Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Staff member
damn so it needs to be oiled etc? that....sounds like work! lol

i do understand that leather can last a crazy long time if well maintained but yeeeeeeah.......

i was mainly concerned about the upkeep since it is light grey if i buy it, i dont want the black leather case, it looks boring
Your call on the color. Personally I loved the black but whatever works go for it. On my pixel I have black leather also and love it.

hand-filer

Sep 21, 2021
Canada
All leather cases will show color fading along the sides fairly quickly.
Fiebing's have a great selection of Dyes to take care of that.
Bottom line leather feels good but shows it's age fairly quickly.
I opted for the Bellroy leather case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a Caseology Parallax case for my Pixel 6 Pro, I liked it so much that I bought one for my S22U as well. I think it's a great case.

case1.png
    OtterBox Defender Pro with Belt clip. You can drop it on concrete or asphalt and it won't even scratch the case much less the phone. I been using the Defenders since the s7 Edge and never traded a phone in to Samsung that didn't look brand new and sratchless. The only downside is it will make your phone heavier but I can live with that. I've dropped mine on a concrete tile floor at work 3 times over the years and never even for scratched. If you keep your phone in your pocket in an office environment you can get away with slinmer cases. But if you work in a brutal environment it pays to have that extra protection.
    Just arrived the generic Carbon fiber case from aliexpress.

Excelent quality, touch and fit. The downside is the left cameras are almost nothing protected, while the right ones are OK.

IMG-20220301-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20220301-WA0019.jpg

IMG-20220301-WA0015.jpg
    Official Samsung leather case. I can't go back from them. Got one on my S20, 21, Zfold 3 and now this. Nothing beats the comfort, durability and even the smell of leather.
    Nillkin Camshield

IMG20220302230924.jpg
    I really wanted the Spigen Cryo Armor case, but it really bothers me how they made a really lazy square cutout for the camera, while their much cheaper cases have much better designed camera cutouts.