What cases is everyone using?

Search This thread

baymon

Jan 10, 2005
Houston, TX
My personal favorite:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FY8J5WC/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've used a similar case on my previous GNII. The best kickstand case out there, and so far the only one that will allow me to have the phone propped up in both orientation sturdily. Also very useful for one handed operation, since you can pop the kickstand out and slide your finger in for support.

Kickstand + Full Body Protection = 5Star. :cowboy:

Reactions: darkshaft

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
You are the second person recently to incorrectly call the hard shell "TPU," but my experience is similar: the plastic above the volume buttons cracked.

To others: If you ever take the phone in and out of the case it will happen to you too.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Yeah slim armour would be a more practical choice. Works for me. Have an Otterbox as well but it's just too bulky sometimes.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

js2892

Jul 28, 2012
Bangalore
I'm using OEM Samsung flip Cover. Works like a charm but for cover of this cost there are no cutouts for home or volume button. :banghead:
uploadfromtaptalk1397735439424.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1397735491545.jpg

.Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

jamor414

Jul 15, 2010
those thin aluminum cases are hideous / cheap looking. i dont understand why people buy are willing to sacrifice their reception either

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

I'm using OEM Samsung flip Cover. Works like a charm but for cover of this cost there are no cutouts for home or volume button. :banghead:
View attachment 2691792
View attachment 2691794

.Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

Why would there be a home button for a closed leather case? that makes no sense.

Also, the volume button works effortlessly through the case so a cut out would just be another unecessary hole in the case

Last edited:

CZroe

Nov 13, 2011
Newnan, GA
those thin aluminum cases are hideous / cheap looking. i dont understand why people buy are willing to sacrifice their reception either

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Why would there be a home button for a closed leather case? that makes no sense.

Also, the volume button works effortlessly through the case so a cut out would just be another unecessary hole in the case
I wouldn't mind a slim aluminum frame if they didn't block the signal, but I agree that the full cases are all hideous.

As for the Home button, Spigen had one on their Slim Armor View. People complained that it stopped working with the Kit Kat update because Samsung changed the behavior in S-View mode. People liked it for waking their phone to use with the S-View function.

bigco504

Jul 11, 2011
New Orleans
Love me powerful small waist. This thing is a tank and it doesn't mess with my signal at all.

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397768259425.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397768259425.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 877

crkdslider

Jul 12, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
www.delsolaviation.com
I wouldn't mind a slim aluminum frame if they didn't block the signal, but I agree that the full cases are all hideous.

As for the Home button, Spigen had one on their Slim Armor View. People complained that it stopped working with the Kit Kat update because Samsung changed the behavior in S-View mode. People liked it for waking their phone to use with the S-View function.

Not sure if you guys are referring to the case that I posted, but I have absolutely ZERO, loss in signal. The metal on this case only covers that small piece on the back, and the rest of it is a soft, almost rubberized, plastic much like the stock Note 3 battery cover. It's just a thin strip that goes over the back that adds a very nice feel and aesthetic to the phone.

bigco504

Jul 11, 2011
New Orleans
[quote name="bigco504" post=51988220]Love me powerful small waist. This thing is a tank and it doesn't mess with my signal at all.

Where did you get yours? Is it really water proof?[/QUOTE]
I ordered it off of amazon. Now as far as it being waterproof,I'm not sure,I believe it is and it looks and feels like it is but I never tested it, I needed dust protection and it achieves that easily.

js2892

Jul 28, 2012
Bangalore

Yeah I noticed. There are markings with + - for volume buttons and they work. For s view I would have preferred a cut out for home button.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

jc06902us

Sep 29, 2010
Just got my Spigen slim armor view case it's beautiful! Very sturdy well made worth the money

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

skoobz

Jan 21, 2009
Spigen neo hybrid. Since it is not as thick and ugly as the otterbox cases, it might not offer the same fall protection. Very nice looking. Stock USB 3 power cord fits but be advised that certain 3rd party might not fit the cutout. Very nice case.

Attachments

• DSC03986_1.jpg
    DSC03986_1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 931
  • DSC03985_1.jpg
    DSC03985_1.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 931
  • DSC03984_1.jpg
    DSC03984_1.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 879
  • DSC03987_1.jpg
    DSC03987_1.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 811

FAL_Fan

Jan 16, 2013
Virginia Beach
Seidio Obex

I'm using the Seidio obex waterproof case, works well so far, the power button is slightly difficult to press and the menu/back buttons are almost a chore but overall it's great, has already come in handy!

Face_Plant

• Mar 24, 2014
    Sykesville
    Google Pixel 3 XL
    Looking forward to that. I posted earlier about wanting to get that case. I previously had the one you linked that was for the Note II and it worked great. I don't recall losing GPS with it or signal strength. Just obviously lost NFC but I've been with NFC enabled phones for a while now and never really used it except to show off to my friends...so I don't care about losing that either.

So please do post your thoughts / pics when you get it. I'm interested in the fit and whether there is a noticeable loss of signal on this phone.

Mine came in the mail today and so far I like it a lot.

What I like:
    I have never held an HTC One or one of the new iPhones made of metal, so I can't compare the feel to those, but in my opinion this anodized aluminum case feels awesome. It is very light, all of the buttons work, the cut outs are perfect, and the S Pen is easily accessible. My old case didn't fit right because of my glass screen protector, but this one went on just fine. The screen is lifted a few millimeters so I don't have to worry about putting the phone down on its face. It is very thin and maintains the slim profile of the Note 3, but still feels like my phone will be protected from bumps and drops. There is no cut out in the upper right corner for the TV antenna on the Korean models, so that's another plus. I have no loss of Wi-Fi reception.

What I don't like:
    The case it's pretty slippery and I have to make sure I hold onto my phone with both hands. I already do this due to my smallish hands so it's not that big of a deal for me. The camera is not lifted like the screen, so I have to make sure I set my phone on something soft if I want to place it on its back. I did lose some reception (see pics) and my phone likes to switch between HSPA and LTE constantly (goodbye battery life), so I think that mod I posted earlier is in order.

Conclusion:
    Some people don't like metal cases. That's fine. That's their opinion and I'm going to respect that. I don't like plastic, TPU, or rubber cases and using my phone naked is not an option so metal was my only option. I think this case is different and unique so I'm going to rock it for a few days with those holes and see how I like it.

Before case:
    ubuha2uz.jpg

After case:
    uqaquvy3.jpg

I'll grab some pictures of my phone in the case later tonight.

Edit- after cutting out the back plate to expose the antennas I saw little to no improvement, so it looks like it's back to my Cruzerlite experience case for now!

Last edited:

scooters29

Jun 15, 2012
    Edinburgh
    As a daily I am using the Zerolemon case with 10000mah battery. However, as those of you who have this excellent bit of kit know, it's pretty bulky.

On occasions I don't want to be lugging this around and refit the factory back and battery. However, I would like a thin case for the phone on those occasions when I have to wear a suit etc and the Zerolemon is too bulky.

I've looked at loads of different 'business dress' cases but none really float the boat - I'm considering going for a Diztronic gel case and then mounting it in a leather flip case of some sort. Prime concern is to protect the phone from damage etc whilst making it a bit more glam than the 'network engineer' look of the Zerolemon ;)

any ideas folks?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I have a Pure-Gear DualTek Extreme.

Had one on my S3 and had some pretty nasty drops and never had an issue. They have some amazing customer service also!!
      Anyone used these, can you comment on them, thinking of purchasing a few to change over.

Leather back case

nx4bwz.jpg

oszio7.jpg

27yqyq8.jpg

11hyvbn.jpg

6h2d07.jpg

Glass back case

idssgx.jpg

156xpie.jpg

Glass aluminum battery cover

1tovp0.jpg
      Using this ATM

i5xehf.jpg

zkol53.jpg

2mzwimt.jpg

1z6e341.jpg

mogvq.jpg

bgwvo1.jpg
      PB157263.jpg

PB157260.jpg

PB157259.jpg

PB157264.jpg

PB157261.jpg

PB157262.jpg

PB157258.jpg

Full Metal Bumper + Metal Backcover Combo with Spigen SGP Glas.t Tempered Glass Screen Protector. :)
      One of my cheap cases arrived from China ahead of schedule, and it was probably the best $3.91 I've ever spent. It's perfectly minimal for me, and the flimsy kickstand is a bonus! Definitely happy with the purchase..
      yrujena6.jpg
      yby2e2y3.jpg
      3aquzery.jpg
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone