What cases would you recommend for S21?

entropism

Jul 21, 2007
Linden, NJ
That is not very encouraging.
No, it's not. I had the S10 leather case and it was a joke. The S20 leather seemed a LITTLE better?

Honestly, these phones are so fragile I'm putting mine in a Tech21 Evo Check, or something of the sort. I had my S20 in a Cyrill Color Brick with a Whitestone dome protector, seemed durable enough. One drop shattered the screen.

Reactions: peterg21

karandevilocs

Dec 6, 2010
i bought this one Cyrill Color Brick but from local amazon for cheaper (15euros) and its a BEAUTY ! i knew that its a fine case since its a Spigen company but the custom button colors and the cutouts and feel on this is soooo goood!

couldn't decide between this or liquid air and im glad that i went with this since it looks so much cooler to the bland black look of liquid air.

but at the end you can't go wrong with Spigen used 3 of their cases on my note 8 too!

k0nkuzh0n

Jan 22, 2011
has anyone found a nice minimalist case yet? I can't find one that doesn't cover the side buttons. I prefer that area to just be cutout.

Abra_Cadabra

Oct 1, 2007
Dubai
I got my s21 pre-order very early and the only case available here in Dubai for next day delivery was the Nillkin in black (less than US $10). Didn't expect much for the price but was very pleasantly surprised. This was supposed to be my placeholder case until I got a chance to pick up the leather samsung case but having used it for a couple of days I'm really liking it.

Abra_Cadabra

Oct 1, 2007
Dubai
It's a SUPER thin leather. I had the Apple leather cases and loved them. The samsung ones feel like they shaved the thinnest piece of leather off the top and glued it onto a case.
I would agree with you on the older Samsung leather cases but had one on the S20+ and it's pretty close to apple standards.. my wife has the leather iphone case and while I still think Apple does it better, the Samsung comes very close now

peterg21

Dec 9, 2011
I would agree with you on the older Samsung leather cases but had one on the S20+ and it's pretty close to apple standards.. my wife has the leather iphone case and while I still think Apple does it better, the Samsung comes very close now
The question I have is durability and between reviews on samsung.com and bestbuy.com of the note 20 plus and s20 I have doubts as to how it will hold up taking it out of a pocket several times a day. How did yours look after a few months?

mike.jr

Sep 19, 2019
has anyone found a nice minimalist case yet? I can't find one that doesn't cover the side buttons. I prefer that area to just be cutout.
Pitaka makes some really minimalist cases, particularly the Air Case. Judged from the pic, it doesn't cover the side buttons.
E3F5529F-5FB0-4c6b-AC82-8A50AF9D011D.png

Reactions: k0nkuzh0n

k0nkuzh0n

Jan 22, 2011
Pitaka makes some really minimalist cases, particularly the Air Case. Judged from the pic, it doesn't cover the side buttons.

Thanks! Looks like its got potential. Not available for ordering yet though. I'm supposed to get my phone tomorrow.

cheetablaze

Jul 17, 2007
Goldsboro, NC
I picked up the Supcase Beetle for my wife's S21+ and it is very tanky looking. She's rough on the phone so it should work great. I bought the spigen rugged armor and while it is slim, it feels like the case sucks the moisture out of my hand. I will probably head back to Otterbox and use the Commuter series. It served my S10 well for 2 years and survived many nasty falls.

ToastyZ71

Sep 29, 2011
I am quite disappointed that Seidio is out of business. Have used the Surface case and belt clip since the Blackberry Storm days. Ordered the Encase Rebel w/belt clip for my S21, as it's the only top load belt clip I could find, but the case is slippery hard plasticy feeling. Going to have to try the Spigen tough armor and Incipio Duo instead, but will probably have to see if either fit in the holster from the Encase combo. Anybody else see any dual layer cases with PC outer shell that's not too bulky? the UAG Monarch just seems quite big from the pics, or is that deceiving?

mistical

Aug 20, 2009
Chicago
I've been using Caseology cases ever since the Galaxy S8+ (as well as the S10+, S20 Ultra and now the S21 Ultra). To be more specific, it's the Parallax series I use (originally it was the Vault II series).

Unless something forces me to have to change from this brand and series, I don't ever see myself paying to try other cases. The feel these cases have in my hand yet alone how they feel wrapped around these phones just feels right to me.

Reactions: ToastyZ71

ToastyZ71

Sep 29, 2011
I've been using Caseology cases ever since the Galaxy S8+ (as well as the S10+, S20 Ultra and now the S21 Ultra). To be more specific, it's the Parallax series I use (originally it was the Vault II series).

Unless something forces me to have to change from this brand and series, I don't ever see myself paying to try other cases. The feel these cases have in my hand yet alone how they feel wrapped around these phones just feels right to me.

Looked at the Caseology cases. I'm just not a fan of the TPU outer. Just personal preference really, they don't look like bad cases

peterg21

Dec 9, 2011

I bought, on the recommendation of a member here, the Caseology Parallax case in black for my S21 Ultra. I quite like it. The Spigen Neo Hybrid was also considered but have not bought it yet. Other ideas were the Samsung Official leather in black but really lousy reviews in terms of durability, from that same member here and on samsung.com and bestbuy. I too have bought Tech21 Evo Check cases for my Note 9 (smokey black and orchid, the latter for some reason being more durable from a scratch perspective than the Smokey Black). Only small issue with the Parallax is that the protection for the rear cameras is really marginal. It looks good, has decent grip, but not Tech21 protection level but more attractive.

This does not show it, but the camera protection is really very shallow.

Caseology S21 ultra case.jpg

Last edited:

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007
Anyone recommend a case like the IMAK Cowboy case? Basically an ultra thin solid minimal case with a little friction on the outer?

Thanks