What cases would you recommend for S21?

Search This thread

kenfb1

Oct 25, 2012
Scranton
i use (for now) 4 corner clear silicon bumper, but i ordered case that have movable window for the camera
View attachment 5212101 so i can put my phone in the pockets without afraid

RovIcT

Jul 23, 2007
tech21 evoslim is the best silm case so far...

t21-8773_5_9113e90b-bc1f-41d7-b236-db1cfc7a846a_1080x.progressive.jpg

t21-8773_1_6697e51f-8d78-4b2e-941c-93cb5f9f659b_1080x.progressive.jpg

btw, also considering caselogy

lyzgaard

Oct 18, 2019
Norway
Not loving any of the case options so far. Most look bulky. The S21 Ultra is a chonker already, so I want something slim that looks good.
Spigens slim fit case looks ok but their 'slim' cases aren't super slim these days, not like the ones they used to make for older phones... and it only comes in a generic plain black.

Samsung's official leather case looks the best so far, and I like the idea of leather, feels and looks nice rather than plain old TPU or hard plastic of most cases.
Just wish they had some more variety in colour and design. You just have brown or black... I think I'll get the black one, and then see if anything more interesting comes out.

Another one that caught my eye is this Nillkin case with nylon fabric on the back:
It actually looks just like the official case I have for my Oneplus 6, wonder if they made it too. If it's just like it, it'll be a nice case. The fabric on the back feels nice in the hand and looks good in person. Plus it doesn't collect fingerprints.

Nillkin texture is OK, but I have used the Nillkin Super Frosted Shield for my last 3 phones. It's cheap and I never go back :)

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I just picked up the Pitaka air and it's crazy good. If you want to add grip without any bulk, this case is for you! It's unbelievably thin and light. If you've ever use a oneplus Karbon case or an old moto kevlar phone (like the Droid turbo), the texture on this is almost identical. A little pricey, but otherwise pretty fantastic.

Attachments

• 20210227_083224.jpg
    20210227_083224.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 153
  • 20210227_083228.jpg
    20210227_083228.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 154
I just picked up the Pitaka air and it's crazy good. If you want to add grip without any bulk, this case is for you! It's unbelievably thin and light. If you've ever use a oneplus Karbon case or an old moto kevlar phone (like the Droid turbo), the texture on this is almost identical. A little pricey, but otherwise pretty fantastic.

Is there any protection at all for the screen? I had one on the Pixel 2 and it had just a little protection so that the screen wouldn't lay flat on a table, and was wondering if that was the case for this... case.

lyzgaard

Oct 18, 2019
Norway
Have some of you experienced any problems with a cover or a skin in cell. phone coverage/reception?
With the Nilkin. Cover for S21, I have bad reception, mostly in know deadapots but it's a big different) difference with and without cover.

Last edited:

entropism

Jul 21, 2007
Linden, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a 5G
A few recommendations:

Just picked up the Speck Obsidian Mist case. Feels amazing in hand. Slippery as all hell. I'm going to keep using it but if you buy it, be warned. This case has the least grip I've ever seen.

Picked up this case off Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08T62KF4D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - It's the same as the $2 cases off Aliexpress, but it's delivered in a day instead of 2 months. This case is absolutely wonderful, but I worry about drop protection. It's basically the Cyrill Brick (pretty sure they manufacture them in the same factory Spigen uses for the Cyrill line), and I had a minor drop in the Brick with my S20 and the whole thing shattered. Feels great if you never drop your case though.

The Griffin Survivor is... fine (at best). Completely unremarkable. Whoever designed this should be fired. It would be a decent enough case, but the phone scratches the inside every time you take it off and put it back on again. SERIOUSLY? I'd like to see more cases with matte backs instead of completely transparent, and from the pictures I thought I was getting that. This case is getting returned.

The Caseology Parallax has been a great case for me for MANY different phones. Avoid it for the S21. it will lift your screen protector. I'm using both the Amfilm Hybrid and the Zagg Glassfusion Visionguard+ with D3O (Seriously, smack the person naming these) and both get lifted by this case.

The Encased Rebel (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08SFRQJ8G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) is nice if you don't mind a bulkier case. It feels like an Otterbox, but I can't stand that cheap plastic feel. Definitely seems durable though. The buttons are great, nice and easy to press.

mpulock

Feb 7, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
How does Speck Obsidian Mist performs? Does it lift the screen protector up? I've been using ESR Liquid Skin Screen Protector with a Casology Vault case. Feels good in hand, but the sides of the screen protector keeps peeling off. :(

Want something that give decent protection and doesn't life up the screen protector

entropism

Jul 21, 2007
Linden, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I'm using the Zagg Glassfusion visionguard+ D3O bull**** protector, as well as the AmFilm hybrid (and they're the same damn thing for 10% of the price), and the Obsidian Mist doesn't interfere with it at all. I REALLY like the case (in fact I liked it so much I got the green one for my iPhone 12 Pro) but they're REALLY slippery. It's a very fine matte texture and there's simply no grip to it whatsoever. Buttons are a little stiff too, but I expect that to loosen up over time.

mpulock

Feb 7, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
I'm using the Zagg Glassfusion visionguard+ D3O bull**** protector, as well as the AmFilm hybrid (and they're the same damn thing for 10% of the price), and the Obsidian Mist doesn't interfere with it at all. I REALLY like the case (in fact I liked it so much I got the green one for my iPhone 12 Pro) but they're REALLY slippery. It's a very fine matte texture and there's simply no grip to it whatsoever. Buttons are a little stiff too, but I expect that to loosen up over time.
Thanks! How's the touch sensibility especially of the fingerprint sensor for Zagg Glassfusion and Amfilm? I stayed away from glass screen protectors because of all the complaints about how bad they are against the new sensor. Thin film works fine for now, only need a compatible case.

mpulock

Feb 7, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S21
btw, also considering caselogy

I am currently using Caseology Vault too, Feels good on hands and not slippery. But, it's peeling off my screen protector. Would recommend if you are going without SP.

entropism

Jul 21, 2007
Linden, NJ
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Thanks! How's the touch sensibility especially of the fingerprint sensor for Zagg Glassfusion and Amfilm? I stayed away from glass screen protectors because of all the complaints about how bad they are against the new sensor. Thin film works fine for now, only need a compatible case.
They're not glass. They're film, but slightly stiffer. It FEELS a lit better than film, it's not soft where your nail can dent it, and it slides almost as nicely as glass, but there's NO oleophobic coating on it like tempered glass would have.

Fingerprint works like the screen is naked. Perfect.

Reactions: mpulock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm waiting for the PITAKA case for my S21. https://www.ipitaka.com/?country_override=US. The quality of their cases is super good as those cases are made of aramid fiber. I bought their MagEZ case 2 years ago. Though the case is slim, it saved my phone from several severe falls. I can't think of any other cases for my S21.
    1610956546356.png
    Could you please direct me to these cases you're referring to? I apparently am having issues finding them.

The IMAK Cowboy case I thought was pretty unique as it's a very rigid hard but thin case with this light soft sandpaper finish on the outside.

See this review that does a much better explaining than I can.

https://xdaforums.com/t/review-imak-cowboy-case.3381061/

Thanks again.

Just a heads up, I recently purchased this case from amazon, which I believe has the same coating you are referring to (Looks like it is probably the same manufacturer, just branded differently). I would describe it as a very fine, soft touch sandpaper.

Anyone intending to use pouches instead of cases? Any recommendations?
    THANK you for this!!

Would you consider the case firm and rigid or flexible? Also Does it cover the buttons or are they exposed?

The Cowboy case was fairly rigid and the buttons were not covered which I liked.
    While it does flex slightly, it's solely due to how thin the case is. The material itself is rigid.
    Unfortunately the buttons on this guy are covered. With that said, they are still plenty clicky, and are not noticeably harder to press. I also wish the screen lip was a bit larger, as I still feel a little uncomfortable laying my phone down screen-first with this case.

20210203_183244.jpg
    20210203_183320.jpg
    been using the otter box symmetry my last 3 phones .. great case not too big and simply works... the new genuine samsung leather one is pretty nice as well
    sam28-galaxy-s21-ultra-5g-20.jpg
    sam28-galaxy-s21-ultra-5g-20-2.jpg

and the samsung leather

05-Leather-Cover_02_P3.jpg

05-Leather-Cover_03_P3.jpg
    05-Leather-Cover_04_P3.jpg