Question What charger?

Search This thread

sshariff

Feb 5, 2013
I returned the spigen arcstation 45W PD 3.0 PPS charger as it was no faster than my pixel 5 18W charger. In any case I will not give my money to Google for something that they should have included with the phone.

If in a future update the phone allows 30W charging I will then buy a charger. Until then there is no point in buying one

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
Warp Charge 65T is 18W.

So nobody's been able to find a single charger other than the official one to work at anything approaching 30W.

3dawg

Oct 22, 2010
Warp Charge 65T is 18W.

So nobody's been able to find a single charger other than the official one to work at anything approaching 30W.
If you read the thread you'll find that's not the case. No charger, official or otherwise, tops 22W. Pixel 6 seems to pull 9V 2A most of the time when "rapid charging". It's not using PPS with official nor 3rd party chargers.

lackalil

Mar 10, 2011
Like I said, the one that came with the 8 did. Not sure if it will fast charge it. I know I read hear someone implied it would. Anyway, you are correct in that the charger from the OP 5 did not work.
30W 7T Warp charger charges my P6 with no problems, but I'm assuming it's using the 5V/2A=10W profile. Gets a bit over 1300mA according to Ampere and ACCA, whereas the 18W old Pixel charger gets to almost 3000mA and the 30W Pixel charger gets to almost 4000mA (have only tested charging in the 60% to 80% range, though, with adaptive charging on). 20W Dash charger from the OnePlus 3 doesn't do anything no matter which cable I use.

android_dan

Feb 17, 2015
30W 7T Warp charger charges my P6 with no problems, but I'm assuming it's using the 5V/2A=10W profile. Gets a bit over 1300mA according to Ampere and ACCA, whereas the 18W old Pixel charger gets to almost 3000mA and the 30W Pixel charger gets to almost 4000mA (have only tested charging in the 60% to 80% range, though, with adaptive charging on). 20W Dash charger from the OnePlus 3 doesn't do anything no matter which cable I use.
The brick I received with the OP8 charges at 3.9v and a max of 1320 mA.

lackalil

Mar 10, 2011
The brick I received with the OP8 charges at 3.9v and a max of 1320 mA.
It'd be interesting to see what the 65W OP chargers do. They have a bunch of profiles and should be able to hit higher than the 15W minimum. (Pic attached).

Still confused about what Google's doing here with the charging pickiness, but they should really sort it out. OnePlus has a reason/excuse for proprietary fast charging given that some of the heat is generated in the brick, but there's nothing special about the 30W Pixel charger other than the unusual profiles.

Attachments

• OnePlus-Warp-Charge-65-charger-specs-770x433.jpg
    OnePlus-Warp-Charge-65-charger-specs-770x433.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 34

lilrob1213

Dec 20, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7
Same. I'm convinced it's not possible at this point. I came from a OP6T with 20W Dash charging which always felt very fast to me so I'm not too fussed.
It's like a little meetup of previous OnePlus 6t owners here 😎 that phone charged very quickly! Hoping this inui (something like that) brand charger I got off Amazon works... We'll see but I'm not hopeful with threads like this saying not even the Google official charger gets the full 30w

sshariff

Feb 5, 2013
My 18W pixel 5 charger gets to 3600A in Ampere! Also the Spigen arcstation 45W charger gets to 3600A and around 4.5V, so I am pretty sure both max out at 15 - 18W.

Last edited:
Reactions: dwork1742

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011
HTC One (m7)
HTC 10
An hour's charge on the Spigen. I'm happy enough with that. Does the official charger perform much better?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105-223356.png
    Screenshot_20211105-223356.png
    758.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_20211105-230431.png
    Screenshot_20211105-230431.png
    835.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20211105-233307.png
    Screenshot_20211105-233307.png
    774.7 KB · Views: 84

QneEyedJack

Jun 24, 2018
Pennsyltucky
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
It's like a little meetup of previous OnePlus 6t owners here 😎 that phone charged very quickly! Hoping this inui (something like that) brand charger I got off Amazon works... We'll see but I'm not hopeful with threads like this saying not even the Google official charger gets the full 30w
Add me to the list of OnePlus 6t converts. Really speaks volumes that so many OnePlus users, who used to represent the most diehard and brand loyal of cell phone users/buyers are leaving the former "Never Settle" slogan touting company in droves. Maybe if they actually stuck to their guns and that slogan didn't just become lip service, some of us might still be sporting their wares

as for the subject of this here thread, forgetting for a second that apparently Google is pulling some funny business (🤬), I went with this charger and am very impressed with it. Just wish it had a black variant. It looks like it's actually slightly cheaper now than when I snagged it @ $18... 5 out of 5 stars with 43 reviews and counting. Anyway, since the first few suggested options are currently unavailable, I can confidently recommend this one and the price is way right too. Also, the braided cable is super high quality and 6.6' long. In truth, the cable alone could command the total asking price and it'd be reasonable:

USB C Fast Charger, Syntech 30W USB-C Power Adapter Ultra-Compact Compatible with iPad Mini 6, iPad Pro 2021/2020/2018, iPad Air 4, MacBook Air 2020, Samsung, Included 6.6ft USB C to USB C Cable

Edited to say that both with the charger's aesthetics and the way they decided to word the Amazon listing, they're clearly targeting iphone users but 30W is 30W

Last edited:
Reactions: euqilobaid

lilrob1213

Dec 20, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Google Pixel 7
Add me to the list of OnePlus 6t converts. Really speaks volumes that so many OnePlus users, who used to represent the most diehard and brand loyal of cell phone users/buyers are leaving the former "Never Settle" slogan touting company in droves. Maybe if they actually stuck to their guns and that slogan didn't just become lip service, some of us might still be sporting their wares

as for the subject of this here thread, forgetting for a second that apparently Google is pulling some funny business (🤬), I went with this charger and am very impressed with it. Just wish it had a black variant. It looks like it's actually slightly cheaper now than when I snagged it @ $18... 5 out of 5 stars with 43 reviews and counting. Anyway, since the first few suggested options are currently unavailable, I can confidently recommend this one and the price is way right too. Also, the braided cable is super high quality and 6.6' long. In truth, the cable alone could command the total asking price and it'd be reasonable:

USB C Fast Charger, Syntech 30W USB-C Power Adapter Ultra-Compact Compatible with iPad Mini 6, iPad Pro 2021/2020/2018, iPad Air 4, MacBook Air 2020, Samsung, Included 6.6ft USB C to USB C Cable

Edited to say that both with the charger's aesthetics and the way they decided to word the Amazon listing, they're clearly targeting iphone users but 30W is 30W
I had the OnePlus 2, then the og pixel, then the 6t, and now back to the pixel 6. I'd say it was mostly the camera and Google assistant features that brought me back. Also I really missed how you can copy/paste from the recent apps menu which was not available on the 6t.

Overall, the features and camera will allow me to overlook an ok screen and decent charging (even if it's not as fast as claimed). Who knows? Maybe Google can update the charging profile in a software update.

This is the charger I bought. Hasn't come in yet so won't know how well it works till then. Just thought I'd throw it out there for anyone looking. USB C Charger, INIU 30W PD QC 3.0 Fast Charging [USB C+USB A] 2 Ports Wall Charger, Quick Charge Power Adapter Compatible with iPhone 13 12 11 X Samsung S21 Note 20 iPad Google LG Laptop AirPods etc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09655FJD...abc_5PHPFFZT5KB633MBSPZC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

sshariff

Feb 5, 2013
So it's now confirmed, the 30W charger only charges the phone 10 minutes faster than the pixel 5 18W charger. No need buying the new charger as Google have false advertised. Their 30W charger in fact peals at 22W just like other pps third party chargers.

So it's now confirmed, the 30W charger only charges the phone 10 minutes faster than the pixel 5 18W charger. No need buying the new charger as Google have false advertised. Their 30W charger in fact peals at 22W just like other pps third party chargers.

was just about to post this. Thank you

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Personally, I like to just top off to 80% anyway and for that use, a PPS charger is worth it. At work, we happen to have a PPS Samsung charger with 11v-2.25a max and it's consistently 20-ish minutes faster than my 18w Pixel 4 XL charger.

IMG_20211106_233634.jpg

Left is the 18w Pixel 4 charger 17% to 80% in 1h and 15m and the right is the PPS Samsung charger 10% to 80% in 55m.

Reactions: QneEyedJack
Oct 23, 2007
Has anyone personally tested the 30W charger in the US?
The article linked states "(though all UK versions)".

In the UK, power is delivered at 230V. In the US and Canada it's 120v.
15w actual usage at 230v is equal to 28.75w at 120v.

@EeZeEpEe
Using my work Apple 30W 120v USB-C power adapter from a macbook air, I'm getting similarrly faster charges than the 18W Pixel chargers.

Oct 23, 2007
I think there's another major thing that a lot of people aren't thinking of. The pixel 6 has a glass back I had an LG Optimus G with a glass back that splintered when it was warm and it down on a granite countertop.

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Has anyone personally tested the 30W charger in the US?
The article linked states "(though all UK versions)".

In the UK, power is delivered at 230V. In the US and Canada it's 120v.
15w actual usage at 230v is equal to 28.75w at 120v.

@EeZeEpEe
Using my work Apple 30W 120v USB-C power adapter from a macbook air, I'm getting similarrly faster charges than the 18W Pixel chargers.
I think it needs to be a PPS charger. That's how they get the 22w charging. My 45w charger from my Pixelbook Go is slower than my 15w Pixel 2 XL charger.

Oct 23, 2007
I think it needs to be a PPS charger. That's how they get the 22w charging. My 45w charger from my Pixelbook Go is slower than my 15w Pixel 2 XL charger.
What type of cable does that use? The Apple ones only support power and use PDP, which doesn't support data transfer. It negotiates differently. USB-C is a nightmare, it's the name for the connector and for some of the features it supports.

Maybe there's a reason why Google sells the charger with a cable...even though the phone comes with one. The actual wire sizes and number of pins connected can be different under USB 3.1/3.2.

Last edited:
Reactions: QneEyedJack

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same. I'm convinced it's not possible at this point. I came from a OP6T with 20W Dash charging which always felt very fast to me so I'm not too fussed.
    I returned the spigen arcstation 45W PD 3.0 PPS charger as it was no faster than my pixel 5 18W charger. In any case I will not give my money to Google for something that they should have included with the phone.

If in a future update the phone allows 30W charging I will then buy a charger. Until then there is no point in buying one
    I would love to know how did you measure that😅😅.
    Perhaps using the same method I used.

I don't know how anyone can disagree with this. If not including the charger was in the name of reducing e-waste, why would they make it so stupidly hard to charge the phone at the advertised speed? Honestly it has soured me on google. I know they're just as bad as apple these days when it comes to anti-consumer tactics but it's the first time I've felt the sting personally.
    Not including the charger in the box is ridiculous full stop. Who had a compatible charger at home already? Nobody by the sounds of things. How is buying several chargers better than just putting one in the feckin box.
    The Spigen one which complies with the relevant standards?

Edit
    Just read your previous post now.

"Up to 45W(5.0V=3.0A, 9.0V=3.0A, 15.0V=3.0A, 20.0V=2.25A, 3.3V-11.0V=3.5A, 3.3V-16.0V=3.0A)"

^ Taken from the amazon page for the Spigen charger.

No support for 21V so no 30W fast charging. Even if it did support 21V, I doubt it would go over 18-20W, based on my findings.

Of course it's ridiculous because even with "only" 20V, the charger can push 2.25A which is more than enough for 30W charging. I don't understand the point of PPS if the voltage/current combinations are not dynamic. The implementation of PPS so far seems to make a mockery of the intended purpose of the standard.