What device is Miatoll ?

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5408779

Hello guys ! For some days or weeks, I see a new codename : Miatoll. I looked and search but I don't find what device is it. Can you helo me ? I wonder if I can flash my phone with a Miatoll Rom

That's unified device tree for all Redmi Note 9 devices. 9S, Indian Pro, Global Pro (Curtana, Joyeuse, Excalibur)

Last edited by a moderator:

AmirJahangard

Oct 10, 2020
DT
Do Miatoll roms need twrp-unified-mauronofrio custom recovery to flash? or I can flash them with any custom recoveries like pitchblack
I mean, is the miatoll device tree embedded in the rom file or need an especiall custom recovery like that I said ?

Reactions: 54V174R

abhi.s4u

Jun 27, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I already know that. but it looks like miui 12 is doing all the work for poco m2 pro. Nowadays other custom roms doesn't require much attention specially in the case of mi device. You see the developers eventually leaves the project.
I agree with u that miui 12 hv all things..but i think Devs are not leaving they are working on Android 11
To make it also MIATOLL from the start.. bcoz our device is probably going get the android 11 update from the 1st quarter of 2021 officially..

I agree with u that miui 12 hv all things..but i think Devs are not leaving they are working on Android 11
To make it also MIATOLL from the start.. bcoz our device is probably going get the android 11 update from the 1st quarter of 2021 officially..

Anex cam is giving me doubts regarding quality and all, and the gapps support is also questionable. As most devs recommend pico gapps while myself personally think aroma is a better option than that. That way we can choose for ourselves. But those things are preincluded in miui roms which is beneficial for a certain amount of time. And to be honest miui is packing most of the customisations in it that substratum, rr and others do. It's getting even better. And more stable than custom roms. As they are official and guarantees all features and optimisations.

activate2010

Jun 6, 2015
Does it also apply to the Redmi Note 9? I indeed see it listed for PixelExperience as 9S, 9 Pro, Pro Max and POCO M2 Pro. But not specifically for the 9.

Can anyone confirm?

Edit: I already got an answer in the PE chat. It is a whole different device.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
That's unified device tree for all Redmi Note 9 devices. 9S, Indian Pro, Global Pro (Curtana, Joyeuse, Excalibur)
Not all.
Merlin is Redmi Note 9 and it is not "miatoll".
Merlin, does NOT shares the same kernel with Curtana, Joyeuse, Excalibur and Gram.
It shares the same kernel of Redmi 10X 4G, Redmi 9 and Redmi POCO M2.

Does it also apply to the Redmi Note 9? I indeed see it listed for PixelExperience as 9S, 9 Pro, Pro Max and POCO M2 Pro. But not specifically for the 9.

Can anyone confirm?

Edit: I already got an answer in the PE chat. It is a whole different device.
NO, it does NOT apply to Merlin.

D

Deleted member 5408779

Not all.
Merlin is Redmi Note 9 and it is not "miatoll".
Merlin, does NOT shares the same kernel with Curtana, Joyeuse, Excalibur and Gram.
It shares the same kernel of Redmi 10X 4G, Redmi 9 and Redmi POCO M2.

Lol Dude... Did you see i have mentioned "merlin" or standard Redmi Note 9 somewhere?

This thread is for the Pro and S models with Snapdragon devices. The standard note 9 doesn't have a Snapdragon and doesn't even belongs here. That will confuse people only.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Lol Dude... Did you see i have mentioned "merlin" or standard Redmi Note 9 somewhere?

This thread is for the Pro and S models with Snapdragon devices. The standard note 9 doesn't have a Snapdragon and doesn't even belongs here. That will confuse people only.
What did you mean with "all Redmi Note 9 devices" ?
Do you mean MERLIN is not part of the "all Redmi Note 9 devices" ?
You are confusing people.
Be direct and explain what you say.

D

Deleted member 5408779

Dude just be quiet. This isn't the thread for "Merlin"! That's why I named all the device which I meant. Everybody got it except you!

Also I'm not interested to discuss with smart alecks.

I'm out here...

Reactions: 1emrys1 and VD171

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5408779
    Hello guys ! For some days or weeks, I see a new codename : Miatoll. I looked and search but I don't find what device is it. Can you helo me ? I wonder if I can flash my phone with a Miatoll Rom

Miatoll is the codename of unified branches of Curtana, Joyeuse, Excalibur and Gram.

It means any ROMS and recovery for "Miatoll" should work across the four devices under it.
    Thanx a lot. That means that I can flash it on my curtana
    D
    Deleted member 5408779

Dude just be quiet. This isn't the thread for "Merlin"! That's why I named all the device which I meant. Everybody got it except you!

Also I'm not interested to discuss with smart alecks.

I'm out here...
    Xiaomi POCO M2 Pro / Redmi Note 9S / Redmi Note 9 Pro / Redmi Note 9 Pro Max are miatoll. The procedure is the same for all these devices: