• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

What did the 58.0.a.3.88 update do?

Search This thread

steelmm

Jun 20, 2008
58.0.a.3.39 update has broke the wifi 6 the device drops wifi connection which is not good also older apps dont work anymore.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Has this new update fixed issues as i have not received this yet on my phone?

Sho-Bud

May 3, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 II
I like that in the metadata of the raw files they added extra info, like iso, shutter speed, focal length, capture time and date and location etc and also a lens profile. I've seen many phones where these data are only in the jpg's , not in the raw files.

fuzzybabybunny

Sep 29, 2007
Would make no sense for HDR since Raw is an unprocessed image data file.

This is not true. You can take several RAW exposures and merge it into basically a super RAW file that contains all of the data of the component RAW exposures straight from the sensor.

Google Pixels have been doing it for quite some time now with their RAW DNG HDR+ shots and they have crazy amounts of latitude.

Read the section on Computational RAW

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/7...s-the-boundaries-of-computational-photography

kardstormer

Nov 4, 2010
This is not true. You can take several RAW exposures and merge it into basically a super RAW file that contains all of the data of the component RAW exposures straight from the sensor.

Google Pixels have been doing it for quite some time now with their RAW DNG HDR+ shots and they have crazy amounts of latitude.

Read the section on Computational RAW

https://www.dpreview.com/articles/7...s-the-boundaries-of-computational-photography

DNG is a container which can also contain metadata, exitdata, multiple raws and even processed jpgs, but the actual raw image data in that file is raw; as in not processed. If I take 2 or more raw files and hdr merge to a dng in Lightroom, the image is still the same and it's still not a processed file. Not until I starts pulling the highlight and shadows and save it. It's basically the same the Pixel 3 do.

fuzzybabybunny

Sep 29, 2007
DNG is a container which can also contain metadata, exitdata, multiple raws and even processed jpgs, but the actual raw image data in that file is raw; as in not processed. If I take 2 or more raw files and hdr merge to a dng in Lightroom, the image is still the same and it's still not a processed file. Not until I starts pulling the highlight and shadows and save it. It's basically the same the Pixel 3 do.

The RAW data derived from multiple RAW exposures in the Pixel is a true RAW file. It hasn't even been demosaiced. So yes, multiple exposure-bracketed RAW files *can* be merged into a true RAW file with higher dynamic range than any of the component single RAW files, but Sony's software isn't capable of doing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: wedeservedit

Majed aka Soul Guy

Feb 21, 2011
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Well my Xperia 1 ii is a Hong Kong import and I use it in Saudi Arabia.
And for me, I got the update this morning and it brought 5G network support.
Previously it was at LTE+ and I've tested the speeds previously and now and the difference is significant as shown attached.
Screenshot_20200804-033729.jpgScreenshot_20200804-033737.jpg

Sent from my XQ-AT52 using Tapatalk

spraydeck

Aug 6, 2020
Zoom and File Format: I have found that the zoom (volume key) will work with jpeg and jpeg + raw but will not work in raw. Anyone else have this issue? Is it a bug in the update?

Sho-Bud

May 3, 2017
Sony Xperia 1 II
It's not a bug. Zoom works by taking a part of the sensor image and enlarging it. That will always be in a jpg. When you shoot raw only, you just get the unprocessed image of the whole sensor.

spraydeck

Aug 6, 2020
It's not a bug. Zoom works by taking a part of the sensor image and enlarging it. That will always be in a jpg. When you shoot raw only, you just get the unprocessed image of the whole sensor.

Thanks, I should have realized that, I’m not use to digital zoom. I guess it (jpeg+raw) can still be used as a focus magnifier when using manual focus.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just received this morning. indeed adds raw but not for hdr or burst mode (boo)

Would make no sense for HDR since Raw is an unprocessed image data file.
    I guess burst mode isn't supported because raw files is way bigger file size. Maybe it can't save those big files that fast.
    Hey I used a 70mm lens to create this shot, amazing how much you can get with the RAW that Sony offers :eek: I just moved a few basic sliders, I'm in great shock how the RAW exposure owl works here compared to other phones ...

ORGINAL:
    20200807-194149.jpg

RAW:
    One-Export2.jpg
    When will this be releas3d?!

I read end of the month in xperiablog comments section

The RAW data derived from multiple RAW exposures in the Pixel is a true RAW file. It hasn't even been demosaiced. So yes, multiple exposure-bracketed RAW files *can* be merged into a true RAW file with higher dynamic range than any of the component single RAW files, but Sony's software isn't capable of doing it.