• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question What did you do with your micro sd card after you upgraded to S21 Ultra?

Search This thread

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Samsung's done this before. I've lost track of all their premium releases with no SD card slot.
By next year at the latest there be a flagship model that supports it most likely a Note.
Samsung is offering SD card and even 3.5mm jacks on some midrange models.
The needed support chipsets may have been a factor or just Samsung being goofy.
Never owned an iPhone but after deciding to upgrade from my S10 Plus I gave it very serious consideration knowing the S21 had squashed external memory. Even without a Mac and all the proprietary BS I came very close to pulling the trigger. I still use the S10 Plus mainly for listening to music with it's 3.5 Jack and it's FM Radio. It's not as powerful for audio as the Ultra but eliminates the need for an adapter with my 1MORE Quad Driver. If Samsung doesn't offer external memory in their upcoming flagships I'll likely move on from Galaxy. For a device suited for my uses the value isn't there any longer. In a $1,500 Dollar Smartphone one shouldn't have to sacrifice anything!

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Never owned an iPhone but after deciding to upgrade from my S10 Plus I gave it very serious consideration knowing the S21 had squashed external memory. Even without a Mac and all the proprietary BS I came very close to pulling the trigger. I still use the S10 Plus mainly for listening to music with it's 3.5 Jack and it's FM Radio. It's not as powerful for audio as the Ultra but eliminates the need for an adapter with my 1MORE Quad Driver. If Samsung doesn't offer external memory in their upcoming flagships I'll likely move on from Galaxy. For a device suited for my uses the value isn't there any longer. In a $1,500 Dollar Smartphone one shouldn't have to sacrifice anything!
Agreed. No 3.5 mm jack pissed me off.
The 10+ 512gb running on Pie is still my weapon of choice. Android 10 and especially 11 suck.
With the 10+ no 5G or variable frequency display issues, just rock solid fast performance with one of the best displays out there.

After many firmware versions/attempts Samsung finally has the Buds+ tuned up. That's all I use now and their battery life is very good.
The stay in your ears and are pretty comfortable.
Using the SSC codec is a step up for SBC. Coupled with Poweramp the 10+ is a great portable music player.
For hardwired devices though the 10+ is a nightmare and something will end up being broke. So listening is best done with a pair of Buds, pretty good but not wired good.

Between Android's and Samsung marathon fubar ball dropping spree, the 10+/Pie is still my first pick.
It's a good solid Note that's powerful and fun to use.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Send it to Samsung, tell them you want to be reimbursed.

Moaning about in peoples threads is not going to suddenly make Samsung support SD cards. Got a problem with your phone purchase then go argue with a mirror as that's your fault, plenty of phones that due support them.
    Coming from the Galaxy Note 10+, I decided to upgrade to S21 Ultra since it supports s pen. And while I'm a power s pen user, I didn't mind the removal of a few s pen features. What I actually did mind is the fact that they removed the micro sd card slot. I was rocking a 400GB micro sd on my old phone but now I don't know what to do with it. I'm also worried that I might fill up the internal 256GB soon as it had happened to me before, it's why I bought the sd card on my Note 10+ in the first place.

Share what you did with your old micro sd cards and maybe I can find a solution with my small ordeal.
    I haven't used an SD card in a phone for 5 years now. I also have not lost a single photo or file due to cloud backups being so efficient.
    Samsung is the largest producer and distributor of memory cards. They surely did the math on how much revenue would be sacraficed before they decided to eliminate external storage on the S21. To regain this lost revenue they banked on cloud storage which is recurring revenue, lowering internal capacity accross the entire line and forcing users who desired maximum capacity to cough up more money for the Ultra. Additionally they understood thousands of potential buyers would reject the S21 for other brands. Apple must have been thrilled, having a memory card was one of the main features buyers desired, without it why not buy an iPhone? Samsung underestimated the amount of blow back and criticism which has followed, it's a big step backwards!