What do you use to back up and restore to PC?

Search This thread

jenmal

May 31, 2012
What do you use to back up and restore to PC? I tried Wondershare Mobile trans but it sticks at a certain point and I have to cancel and it takes hours and I lose progress! Any info on what others are using for backup tp PC would be great!

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Everything on my unrooted 10+ is backed up to the SD card which I use as a data drive and store all critical data there. The SD card is backed up to the PC data drive and a seperate hdd stored remotely. Critical bookmarks are saved on Colornote which is 3X backup.

Smartswitch is used for some backup and apps like Poweramp have their own backup files.
All apks and updates are backed up with ApkExport as well; no Playstore or cloud crap needed for a full restore. I can do a full restore with no external sources needed.
After 2 forced reloads I streamlined the process... with over 349 gb of data, the data drive saves hours of uploading from the PC.

Implement a complete plan now before you need it and have triple redundancy in place.
Only two types of data users; those who have lost data and those that will.
Crashes both software/hardware caused are mostly unpredictable and can happen at any moment.
The 10+ is rock solid stable but no OS is completely impervious to poorly written apks and malware. Be prepared... or suffer.

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
I tried Wondershare Mobile trans

That is the only product that worked at all from that company. Well, of those I tested because of this.

Better stay away from their software. Too heavy and bad programming in general. Also backups can be restored only if you buy the s*it...

Better just take an attitude that nothing is that important. Tons of stuff but I don't have backups at all. If it goes it goes. Before computers how people managed to live at all without them...

D

Deleted member 1890170

Have never used 3rd-party apps , free or paid. I do it via simple scripts. :)