What do you use to read PDF's ?

Search This thread

Ride525

Jan 15, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
A recent posting got me thinking....
Right out of the box my prime was able to:

- Open PDFs with such brilliant scrolling smoothness and rendering speed, much faster than Gtab (My engineering eBooks).

So what do you all recommend for your PDF reading experience on the Prime?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Adobe reader and EZ PDF reader. The latter works really good and loads up everything really fast. Adobe is good also. With those two. I have no problems with any PDF thrown St me. I do have other apps like Quickoffice HD Pro, Polaris, and Office Suite Pro also than can open PDF up. But the best as far as PDF readers only would be the ones I first mentioned.

hceuterpe

Apr 3, 2007
2-Page view

The full blown Windows/Linux version of Adobe lets you do a 2-page spread view in full screen. Works quite nice with letter sized PDF files on a 4:3 screen.

How do you do a 2-page view with the Android version of either?

anoneemooz

Aug 17, 2010
San Juan
+1 for Mantano. :)

There's a non-intrusive ad-supported free version that's full featured but I am highly considering purchasing it (around 3 bucks) 'cus it's just that good!

I've tried the stock reader app, Kobo, GoBooks, Adobe, Aldiko, and some office apps but I find Mantano to be the best in terms of features and performance. :)

Red One

Jan 8, 2011
Adobe reader and EZ PDF reader. The latter works really good and loads up everything really fast. Adobe is good also. With those two. I have no problems with any PDF thrown St me. I do have other apps like Quickoffice HD Pro, Polaris, and Office Suite Pro also than can open PDF up. But the best as far as PDF readers only would be the ones I first mentioned.

What this guy said. That and I like that it searches all of storage for pdfs. I have a directory for everything project and sometimes it's difficult to track down the right folder. Ezpdf indexes everything. You just have to look at its "bookcase ". Don't gotta search high and low. And for me that's a plus since I hate wasting time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reignzone

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
EZ PDF has been quite simplistic & pleasant to use thus far, and I've used it for a few months now.
Fact is, not many paid apps offer a feature-rich experience comparable to this one.

Sent from the last remaining Prime; Leader of the Autopads.

a Mandroid

Jan 18, 2012
Am I the only one who finds ezpdf frustratingly slow to page around?

Ezpdf works faster if you enable force gpu rendering (in Settings>developer options) and then clear cache (settings>apps>ezpdf reader). You need to do a cold boot to take it into effect.(hold volume down and power button to boot)

nhshah7

Feb 14, 2009
Boston
I'm an EZPDF fan also. Best that I've found for annotating.

have you tried annotating for an entire hour straight? it crashes on me without even showing a FC dialog box. Its supposed to autosave but my notes from the last 5 minutes have often disappeared! :eek: I use RepliGo reader....i ponied up the cash for it and it's solid for annotating. A bit more of a pain to annotate with but at least it doesn't crash on me. Btw I emailed the ezpdf devs and never got a response. Repligo devs responded w/in 12 hours.

Am I the only one who finds ezpdf frustratingly slow to page around?

same thing here! I try opening a 400 page PDF and it takes 30 seconds to load 5 pages in front of and behind where i'm trying to look, which makes browsing page by page impossible! It has a better UI but repligo is the most dependable. by far. (I annotate pdf's for 3-4 hours/day minimum due to class slides)

Hasan10

Oct 20, 2009
Hi

that post was made by me.

I use the stock MyLibrary to load my ebooks, thus the whole "right out of the box" experience. It is very smooth for me, specially on force GPU rendering with Normal mode.

Reactions: Ride525

Hasan10

Oct 20, 2009
I see Force GPU Rendering in the Developer Options. But where do you get the Normal mode.

Thanks for your input.

"Normal" mode is the power mode you select from the asus tool panel. Just tap the clock in the lower right hand corner and the panel would pop up. From there you can select three different modes. Power-saving mode, Normal mode, and Performance mode along with a bunch of toggles.

EDIT: Sorry its called "Balanced" mode not Normal mode.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

that post was made by me.

I use the stock MyLibrary to load my ebooks, thus the whole "right out of the box" experience. It is very smooth for me, specially on force GPU rendering with Normal mode.