• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

What does recent apps "lock this task" do?

Search This thread

miapuffia

Jul 22, 2013
Avera
Razer Phone
ASUS ROG Phone 5
Hello,
This may be an obvious questions, but I'm struggling to find information on what this feature is.

Screenshot_20210727-112131755.jpg
Screenshot_20210727-112142522.jpg

I thought it worked like pinning an app used to in previous versions of android, but this seemingly does nothing. I can still swipe away locked apps.
Searching for an answer brings up app pinning (aka kiosk mode - where a pin code is required) and the Good Lock app.

Android 11
ASUS ROG Phone 5
Stock ROM

Thank you

Mohamedkam000

App Pinning is not enabled by default, App Lock keeps the app just where it is, it won't be cleared, swiped out, or gone without you unlocking it, even if you rebooted the device, it'll be there.

That's the superpowers of App Lock. The app can be killed, and normal battery optimisation runs on it, it'll just remain on recent apps screen, whether it is dead or alive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210729-122136_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20210729-122136_Settings.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 4

miapuffia

Jul 22, 2013
Avera
Razer Phone
ASUS ROG Phone 5
App Pinning is not enabled by default, App Lock keeps the app just where it is, it won't be cleared, swiped out, or gone without you unlocking it, even if you rebooted the device, it'll be there.

That's the superpowers of App Lock. The app can be killed, and normal battery optimisation runs on it, it'll just remain on recent apps screen, whether it is dead or alive.
What I'm saying is that App Lock does not prevent swiping away the app. Here's a video showing just that.

Edit: Added a better video

Attachments

• MNML-July29-022836PM_1.mp4
    8.9 MB · Views: 0