What does RPMB fuse set mean?

Search This thread

razercortex

• Apr 8, 2018
    Good morning,

I decided to boot into download mode today. When I booted into download mode, there is a text on the top right of the screen that says "RPMB fuse set". What does this mean?

Thanks

razercortex

• Apr 8, 2018
    Ok, so apparently I can flash the Sprint bootloader to the S10 5G and root it like a normal S10 5G from Sprint. The RPMB fuse set looks like it means that a different bootloader from a lower version or a different carrier will flash successfully. I tested it out and I have successfully obtained root and TWRP.

Reactions: hippy dave

rablaze1984

Mar 19, 2021
    im on sm-g975u...and it seems i am fused to version 5 of my bootloader as i cannot downgrade to version 4...it tells me sw rev check fails cuz im on binary 5 and trying to download version 4...so i believe the fuse set is what binary ur fused to..?

razercortex

• Apr 8, 2018
    im on sm-g975u...and it seems i am fused to version 5 of my bootloader as i cannot downgrade to version 4...it tells me sw rev check fails cuz im on binary 5 and trying to download version 4...so i believe the fuse set is what binary ur fused to..?
    Hmm, do you have an unlocked bootloader? Also, does RPMB show Provisioned or something else?
    EDIT: You cannot downgrade to a version with a different bit, you must downgrade to the same bit version.

Last edited:

squirlnutz

Jun 22, 2015
    Good morning,

I decided to boot into download mode today. When I booted into download mode, there is a text on the top right of the screen that says "RPMB fuse set". What does this mean?

Thanks
    I am curious as well as to what the RPMB is and why it's provisioned ..
    I've got SM-N976U carrier unlocked and bootloader unlocked rooted. I've flash 20 or 30 different things over and over to this device and only today have I seen this.

Attachments

• IMG_20210425_124733~2.jpg
      IMG_20210425_124733~2.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 29

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Ok, so apparently I can flash the Sprint bootloader to the S10 5G and root it like a normal S10 5G from Sprint. The RPMB fuse set looks like it means that a different bootloader from a lower version or a different carrier will flash successfully. I tested it out and I have successfully obtained root and TWRP.