What DPI for tablet mode in apps?

Search This thread

phositadc

May 7, 2010
Got a nexus 5 on the way and am curious what DPI to use to trigger tablet mode in apps that support it. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Less than 280 however with xposed framework + "app settings" module, you can just change the layout of apps individually to tablet without having to change the dpi.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

Reactions: phositadc

havy15

Jan 17, 2012
Less than 280 however with xposed framework + "app settings" module, you can just change the layout of apps individually to tablet without having to change the dpi.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit

How can you do that I'm looking at app settings and I can't find how to change the DPI .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
1) to be clear, im talking about the xposed module called app settings

2) I said WITHOUT changing dpi

usa8ymab.jpg

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

Last edited:

havy15

Jan 17, 2012
1) to be clear, im talking about the xposed module called app settings

2) I said WITHOUT changing dpi

usa8ymab.jpg

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I tried changing that in the app settings and its still the same

havy15

Jan 17, 2012
Either you're doing something wrong or doing it on an app with no tablet layout

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I'm trying to do the "settings"

havy15

Jan 17, 2012
Can't be done. Google dropped tablet mode completely and tablet layout has been dropped from settings

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

So you think when hybrid settings are out with the new PA ROM it will work?

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
So you think when hybrid settings are out with the new PA ROM it will work?

There are 2 things here. Tablet mode and Tablet layout. Both are different so lets differentiate between the them.

Tablet mode - system ui. Different notification area / status bar configuration. Google have removed this from android, presumably to create a more cohesive experience

Tablet layout - individual apps written by developers can identify if they're installed on a tablet and invoke a tablet layout that is better for bigger screens.

Now I have no idea what PA are or are not implementing but for settings to go into tablet layout, the settings apk will need substantial modification

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-----------------------
    Sent via tapatalk.